June 3rd, 2013
Fashion, Hot or Hmm
By Jihan

Hey Bombers and Bombshells! It’s the beginning of another long week! From Kim Kardashian‘s baby shower to the Veuve Cliquot Polo Classic, the rich and famous had a lot to keep them busy this weekend.
Weekend Hot or Hmm-0603

Let’s see what they wore:

Kim Kardashian‘s private baby shower naturally attracted throngs of paparazzi. The affair was attended by a sampling of celebrities, some of whom you never knew were friends with the Kardashians.

kourtney-kardashian-kim-kardashian-baby-shower

khloe-kardashian-kim-kardashian-baby-shower

Sisters Khloe and Kourtney  went for an angelic feel in two all-white looks. I love Khloe’s belted number (It’s a white version of the sister’s favorite silken Myne ‘Heidi’ dress,) and Kourtney’s lacy, lady like frock. Hot!

maria-menounos-kim-kardashian-baby-shower
Maria Menounos‘s flirty floral-printed Ted Baker frock was right on the money.

nene-leakes-kim-kardashian-baby-shower

Nene Leakes was overdressed in a brown hi-lo hem dress, complete with neon green ruffle trim.
_mel-b-kim-kardashian-baby-shower
mel-b-kelly-osbourne-kim-kardashian-baby-shower

Mel. B is also friends with the Kardashians (who knew?), and apparently, very funny. The America’s Got Talent judge was spied cracking up Kelly Osbourne in a season-perfect white dress and black strappy pumps. She finished her look with a grey-tone Birkin bag. Hot!

malika-haqq-kim-kardashian-baby-shower

Khadijah Haqq came bearing a gift from Hermès in a simple white shirtdress and embellished flat sandals. Cute summer outfit!

erin-bartlett-fergie-baby-shower

Kimmy Kakes isn’t the only pregnant celeb in Los Angeles. Fergie was spied attending the shower of her homie Erinn BartlettBoth ladies opted for colorful frocks, with Fergie in a form-fitting tie dye number, white blazer, and patterned strappy sandal. Erinn gave earth mother realness in a floral printed frock and comfy flip flops. I’m in love with Erinn’s look! I could have done without the strong shoulder on Fergie.

angelina-jolie-brad-pitt-world-war-z-premiere

Angelina Jolie made her first appearance since announcing her double mastectomy at the World War Z premiere. The actress bet on a black a custom Saint Laurent gown for the occasion, glowing alongside her loving partner Brad Pitt.

halle-berry-helmut-lang-sweater-lax Halle Berry looked comfortable at LAX in a black maxi and marled viscose pullover from Helmut Lang.

lala-simong-g-tao

It was an underwhelming all-black look for Lala Anthony at the Simon G fête at TAO Las Vegas.

Jenny-McCarthy-Azzedine-Alaïa-Simon-G.-Soiree-at-TAO
Funny girl Jenny McCarthy also chose black for the event, but skewed sultry in a double strap black Mantile perforated zigzag dress by Azzedine Alaïa. I love it!
rita-ora-chime-for-change-afterparty
Rita Ora looked like she had a long night as she hit the Gucci Chime for Change after party in a white embroidered and embellished turtleneck dress, replete with a pair of Casadei gladiator sandals. I’m not sold on the high neck of the frock, but the shoes are definitely hot!
Sarah-Jessica-Parker-Zac-Posen-2013-Alliance-For-Young-Artists-Writers-Benefit
Sarah Jessica Parker embraced spring florals in a Zac Posen dress and jewel adorned pumps at the 2013 Alliance For Young Artists & Writers Benefit at Carnegie Hall. Hot!
irina-shayk-maxi-skirt

Irina Shayk showed off a her toned tummy in a peachy maxi skirt and black short sleeve crop top for a stroll in NYC. *Sigh* Wish I had the tummy for a look like this!

Tika-Sumpter-The-Sixth-Annual-Veuve-Clicquot-Polo-Classic-Red-Carpet-Finale-
The Veuve Cliquot Polo classic attracted a serving of celebs as well. Here’s Tika Sumpter serving barefoot Vermont bride realness in a pleated white Blumarine maxi.

ashley-olsen-veuve-cliquot-polo-classic

I’m really into Ashley Olsen‘s embroidered maxi as well. The Row designer toted one of her label’s coveted bags to the event, with a pair of flat Hermès sandals.
Garcelle-Beauvais-The-Sixth-Annual-Veuve-Clicquot-Polo-Classic-Red-Carpet-Finale-
Garcelle Beauvais looked adorable in a peplum dress (and her kids are absolutely darling!)
camila-alves-veuve-cliquot-polo-classic

Hervé Leger was the look for Camila Alves, who played it safe in a yellow version of the brand’s ubiquitous banded dresses. Camila looks gorgeous, but I’m a little sick of seeing her in this look. Next!

rosario-dawson-veuve-cliquot-polo-classic

Rosario Dawson‘s black sundress wasn’t the most exciting look of the day.
Julia Restoin Roitfeld-The-Sixth-Annual-Veuve-Clicquot-Polo-Classic-Red-Carpet-Finale-
I’m definitely digging Julia Restoin-Roitfeld’s floral Dolce & Gabbana sundress.
Alicia-Quarles-The-Sixth-Annual-Veuve-Clicquot-Polo-Classic-Red-Carpet-Finale-
Alicia Quarles shielded her pretty face in an oversized pink hat. Hmm…
Carly-Cushnie-and-Michelle-Ochs-The-Sixth-Annual-Veuve-Clicquot-Polo-Classic-Red-Carpet-Finale-
Carly Cushnie and Michelle Ochs of Cushnie et Ochs looked stunning and understated in dresses of their own design.
Alex-Wek-The-Sixth-Annual-Veuve-Clicquot-Polo-Classic-Red-Carpet-Finale-

And lastly, Alek Wek was ready for high tea in a black-and-white striped frock, black pointy toe ankle strap pumps, and white sunhat. I’m loving the look, but I think she could have chosen a different necklace.

And there you have it? Who was best dressed?

Images: Getty

29 Responses to “Weekend Hot! or Hmm…: Kim Kardashian’s Baby Shower, The Veuve Cliquot Polo Classic, Halle Berry, and More!”

1. nicoleb says:

Thats not Malika, thats her sister Khadijah Haqq

So baby showers aren’t always private or just Kim’s? SMH at these Kartrashian girls in white for the occasion.

Hmmm@Nene that dress is not the bizniz
    Hmmm@ Angelina for that filthy dress hem. I don’t understand how anyone can have their clothes dragging on the dirty floor…fashion my a$$
    Hmmm@Rita….as usual
    Hmmm@Tika for not realizing that she needs a bra, maybe she got dressed in the dark
    Hmmm@Rosario for grandma chic seems like she is in a fashion rut
    Hmmm@Sarah and Ashley

3. C says:

That’s Khadija tho, Malika wore a skirt

4. Faith says:

Totally here for Cushnie et Ochs

5. LaLa wasn’t at Kim’s baby shower? What’s up with that?

6. Blue Ivy Carter they love me in the street why you mad boo? Part 2 in 8 months says:

I wonder how close Jay and Kanye are, if Jaz and Bey didnt attend, they went to Summer Scam ::cough cough:: I mean Summer Jam. How come LaLa or Ciara were not there. Poor Kanye

7. Blue Ivy Carter they love me in the street why you mad boo? Part 2 in 8 months says:

I wonder if Kanye family will be able to see this child, I just cant seen the Kardashians / Jenners giving the approval of bringing this little girl to Chi-town or whereever his grandparents resides?

8. Est87 says:

Nene looks good from the breast up. Below that it’s diaster! Love Kourtney’s look. Tika’s breasts look very unflattering in that dress (emphasis on the word flat there) :-/

9. Kitty B. says:

Love Khloe’s dress i may need to make the splurge, but i need the hot pink version!!

So Lala and Cici weren’t at Kim’s baby shower??? Hmmmm

10. RHONYC says:

JAID & JAX SIGHTING!!! AWWWWW!
    they are my favorite twin celebabies right next to Diddy’s twin girls.

i love the cute floral head wreath on Kourtney, so hippy dippy.

Rita’s sandals are date-night sexy naughty. ;-)

11. Anon says:

The commentary for these pictures are so unprofessional.

12. Serenity says:

This is why I don’t like the Kardashians. Why would you invite people to your shower you don’t know? TACKY!

I wish I would buy Hermes for someone that shats on themselves and can’t even hold his head up.

14. Melissa says:

Nene knows she looks a damn mess is that dress.

15. makeeasweet says:

@Serenity you dont even know the kardashians,so how do you know who they know?.People need to get out off those girls butts already.

I like Carly and Michelle they look cool and stylish.I still dont understand how Alek wek is a model,she always look a hot mess.

16. Soul Touch says:

Maria Menounos, love her dress.

17. Kai says:

I love the whole angelic theme they had going on. Maria Menounos’s whole look is cute and appropriate. I wonder what Kim wore. @serenity You have no idea who they know. Why would they invite people they don’t know and why would those people show up? Jihan wrote that a slew of celebrities attended that she didn’t know the Kardashians were friends with; not that they invited people they didn’t know.

18. tasha says:

Was Nene at Kim’s baby shower. If so her outfit has me giving her side eye. Why is it so dang short

Angelina looks amazing as usual. I love her dress.

Jenny looks fab. I want that dress.

19. Lisa says:

I’m loving Angelina’s and Fergie’s looks…

20. smv says:

Loving Fergies look. She is carrying very well as is halle.

21. Krystel says:

The Kardashians look gorg..I like Nene’s colours ummm the dress hmmmmm….on the fence. But i throughly enjoyed this post Black is so Beautiful!!

22. shay says:

wow at these comments, people be doing too much for people they supposedly can’t stand. everyone looks gorg, i love khloe & kourtney’s looks.

Angelina Jolie looks beautiful and i also love Ashley’s maxi.

23. Marie says:

Are you guys serious????? I think Nene’s dress is absolutely STUNNING! She probably was overdressed but I LOVE the look!

24. lite says:

Marie, I thought I was the only one who thinks so. I LOOOOOVE Nene’s dress. Absolutely gorgeous!!

25. lah.di.dah says:

nene looks a mess.

26. Westafricanmutt says:

Nene’s dress makes her look like an oversized garden gnome. Sorry, but I hate it

27. Dria says:

I’m sure the few people pictured are not the only ones who attended the baby shower so that doesn’t mean Lala or Ciara were not invited.

28. Stacy says:

Nene should have stayed her ass home she look a hot mess in that dress. don’t get me wrong the dress is nice but not on her.

29. RAMSI says:

how can Khadijah afford Hérmes????