June 3rd, 2013
Fashion News, Nicki Minaj, Serena Williams

serena williams for essence july 2013

Serena Williams looks absolutely gorgeous in a blue ombré Carmen Marc Valvo swimsuit for Essence’s July 2013 “Body Issue” cover. Are you feeling the shot? (Fashion Bomb Inbox)

cara delevingn Philip Treacy first shoot delevingne bruce weber

1  cara delevingn Philip Treacy first shoot delevingne bruce weber
Grazia Daily has a few flicks of a 10-year-old Cara Delevingne in her first photo shoot for famed milliner Philip Treacy . Lensed by Bruce Weber (not bad!) the tow-haired tot models a face adorned pink trilby and a large yellow topper. Cute! (Grazia)

•Reporter Alina Cho interviewed notoriously cantakerous Chanel creative director Karl Lagerfeld on a slew of topics, including his popular cat Choupette, his statements about Pippa Middleton, Adele, and more. When asked if he had any regrets about calling the Grammy award winning songstress, “a little round,” he said, “a little roundish is not fat…But for such a beautiful girl, after that [statement] she lost eight kilo… so I think the message was not that bad.” Hmm…ok. (Fashionista)

dress-your-guests
• Wondering what to wear to a party? Or an upcoming cocktail mixer? New website Dress Your Guests gives registered users the opportunity to take a bit of guesswork out of their wardrobe. Lauded as a ‘personalized style guide,’ the website aims to offer advice for everything from proms to weddings to private parties. Sounds like a glorified What to Wear section, with added input from the event hosts. Will you be trying it out? (WWD)
nicole richie telegraph
Nicole Richie talks design with Lucy Broadbent of London’s Telegraph in an article titled, “From Ballerina Girl to Fashion Star.” About her work with House of Harlow, she says, “I had no formal training, but designing was something I always gravitated to. When I was little, I used to be a competitive figure skater, and I used to design my own costumes with my father’s costume designer.” She added, “I have a very good team that I work with now, but I design everything myself. This is not something that I just put my name to.” (Telegraph)
Hot-or-Hmm-Nicki-Minajs-Kmart-Collection-Event-Rebecca-Minkoff-Pastel-Clara-Dress-and-Christian-Louboutin-Leopard-Print-Pumps
Nicki Minaj is working hard on her KMart line, but needs your help for the final stretch! Yesterday, she announced via her blog that she wants fans to submit slogans to be featured on a few forthcoming tees. Go to her Shop Your Way page here and click on Submit T-Shirt Slogan for your chance at stardom. Note: your idea becomes the intellectual property of Sears Brand LLC should you win. (My Pink Friday)

•On last night’s episode of Keeping up with the Kardashians, Kim Kardashian revealed that she’s having a bouncing baby girl with beau Kanye West. She also revealed that she plans on eating the placenta because she heard, “it makes you younger.” Is it weird that I’m not totally grossed out? (NYDailyNews)

9 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Serena Williams Covers Essence’s July 2013 Body Issue, Karl Lagerfeld Thinks Calling Adele ‘A Little Round’ Motivated Her to Lose Weight, and Kim Kardashian is Having a Girl”

1. GiGi says:

Horrible photoshop on her face. Ughhh Essence is always having “technical issues” in their photoshop department.

2. tasha says:

I know Serena has curves and they are missing from the cover.

Karl can have several seats. He mustve forget he use to be a little roundish back in the gap…

I pray for Kim’s daughter. Like seriously. There will be no guidance and yeah.

3. AzizMom says:

Love Serena on the cover! Of course it’s totally “newstand safe” so not even going to look for flaws or the corrections ESSENCE did.

Kim K. – I don’t know about that eating placenta mess. Hollyweird is some scary ish I tell you. I pray for the child who will have 2 worlds to contend with – but at the end of the day she’s a WEST.

4. RHONYC says:

Serena and swimsuit layouts are a match made in heaven. she hit this out the park just like the Ebony cover some years back.

serve! ;-D

after that gross blood facial business, nothing Kim does surprises me anymore. *eyeroll*

5. lola says:

SERENA HAS BEEN AIRBRUSHED FOR HER LIFE. YAAASSSS HUNTY, WORK THAT UNNATURAL LOOK, WOOOOOOOOOORRRRRKKKK!!!!!!!

Serena yes.

Kim boooo. Usually people are sorry for the mother, in this case sorry for the child.

7. Bronze says:

That is a perfect summer cover! She is the definition of an amazon!

8. lah.di.dah says:

idk abt serena but her arms and shoulders look great. i need to drop and give someone 30.

eating the placenta is becoming “more popular” i’ve been hearing a lot about it. i would never…

9. After going over a few of the blog posts on your website, I honestly appreciate your way of blogging.
    I bookmarked it to my bookmark webpage list and will be checking back in the near future.
    Please check out my web site as well and tell me your opinion.