• From ‘unflattering’ photographs to general hateration from an ungrateful peasantry, there have been many affronts to Beyoncé since her relentless media blitz of 2013 began. But none so offensive as what happened at yesterday’s Copehnagen concert for the Mrs. Carter Show world tour. One fan gave the singer’s royal rump a firm smack as she passed by to graciously slap fives with her adoring hosts.
Beyoncé immediately stopped the show to set the fellow in his place, letting him know it is NOT okay to touch her booty without permission! (Also, don’t look at her directly in the eye!) Thankfully, an audience member got the whole thing on tape! Gotta give Bey her props. She might be an entertainer, but she’s still a person whose personal space shouldn’t be invaded! Let ‘em know! (Refinery 29)
• Markus Lupfer is expanding his label to include a footwear range, set to debut this fall. The 29-piece collection boasts Luper’s signature aesthetic, taking simple silhouettes and updating them with unexpected detail: “We do little embroideries on the shoes and some eccentric elements in the range,” he told WWD, “I wanted to combine materials to create exciting daywear, so I just designed footwear like my ready-to-wear collection.” The collection itself draws inspiration from Lupfer’s Fall 2013 offerings, with prices ranging from $300 to $528. (WWD)
• The CFDA Awards are fast approaching, (June 3rd is the big night!), and we’re finally getting a little tea on who to expect at the affair. Queen Kerry Washington will present the award for Womenswear Designer of the Year, Linda Evangelista will give the Media Award in Honor of Eugenia Sheppard to Tim Blanks, and word on the street is that Hillary Clinton might make an appearance to present the Founder’s Award in Honor of Eleanor Lamber to Oscar de la Renta. (WWD)
• It seems that in addition to having big boobs, Kate Upton also has a big, forgiving heart. The 20-year-old model showed that she does not feel a way towards Victoria’s Secret, even after being shaded by fashion show casting boss Sophia Neophitou as being “too obvious” for their runway affair. Upton is prominently featured in the brand’s most recent catalogue, proudly flaunting her VS-clad bosom on the back cover. Neophitou made waves last year after making it quite clear that she was not here for Upton’s look, which she said was “like a footballer’s wife, with the too-blond hair and that kind of face that anyone with enough money can go out and buy.” I guess it’s easy to forgive when you’re presented with a cute check! (NYDN)
• Page Six reports that Calvin Klein is making amends with troubled ex-beau Nick Gruber. The couple was together for two years before the now 23-year-old Gruber ran into a bit of trouble last year, having been arrested for cocaine possession, and for slugging a political intern. The young former “erotic model,” (as Page Six respectfully describes him) was shipped off to rehab, (rumored to be on Klein’s dollar), with plans to release a tell-all book on his relationship with the designer. But according to “sources,” Klein and Gruber have been in contact, and are trying to rekindle their love through a secret rendez-vous at a resort in Mexico. One source divulged, “Nick and Calvin had been texting and met up at the Chateau Marmont [in Los Angeles] about a month ago. Nick and John broke up around February, but remained friends. John actually encouraged Nick to get back with Calvin. He thinks it would be helpful for him.” Reps for Klein say the he and Gruber “are friends and no more. There is no relationship whatsoever, but at the same time Calvin holds no grudges and has put whatever problems they had behind him.” I guess we’ll have to see! (Page Six)
• Get a head start on your fall 2013 shopping with Gucci‘s Lady Lock bag. The carryall features a “luggage style” lock and comes in three styles: the clutch, the double handle, and bamboo top handle. If you’re down for the splurge, the bags are expected to hit stores this July. (Fashion Bomb Inbox)