May 20th, 2013
Celebrity Style, Claire's Life, Men's style, Shopping, The Bomb Life
The Bomb Life: The Plaxico Burress Sock Collection Launch

Ball players are upping their fashion game, and some are translating their love of fine threads into their own stylish ventures. Such is the case for Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Plaxico Burress, who launched his luxury sock line this past Friday in NYC.
The Bomb Life- The Plaxico Burress Sock Collection Launch
We were on hand to get the scoop, and ask Plaxico about his sartorial penchants and the inspiration behind his line.
plaxico-burress-collection-1
Why socks? He said, “It’s something I wanted to do. Something different. Something I’m very passionate about. My socks express my personality and how I’m feeling everyday. My socks, 99% of the time, have absolutely nothing to do with my outfit. They’re always colorful and mismatched, but I think that expresses how I feel for the day.”
Plaxico-with-Models

He continued, “I got into the sock game [because I wore] my Paul Smith’s every day. I said to myself, I have four drawers of this man’s socks–why don’t I start my own? It started 2 and half years ago and here I am tonight.”
plaxico-burress-sock-launch-collection
Does he consider himself a fashionisto? He said, “I’m really just getting into the fashion industry. I’m learning fast and I have a great team, a lot of people who are teaching me the ropes about fashion. I’m a stylish guy, I like to think, but as far as getting into the industry and owning your own company, and producing your own socks–this is something totally different. I’m looking to take it to the next level. It’s called a collection because it’s not just gonna be 5 or 6 pairs of socks. I’m already working on my Fall edition. I just hope to keep it going and going.”
plaxico-burress-collection-sock-launch
What do you think, guys, will you be buying Plaxico’s socks?
plaxico-burress-luxury-socks-line-sock-launch-collection
Take a look at who came out to celebrate the launch:
phillip-bloch-and-amanda-seales-plaxico-burress-sock-collection

Amanda Seales and Phillip Bloch

meeka claxton plaxico burress sock launch
Meeka Claxton, who was wearing a DVF top, leather shorts, and Christian Louboutin heels
BJ-Coleman-&-Violet-Camacho
Publicist BJ Coleman and Violet Camacho
plaxico-burress-claudia-jordan
Claudia Jordan
plaxico-burress-sock-line-new-york-claire-sulmers-jihan-forbes-fashion-bomb-daily
The Fashion Bomb in the house! With Meeka Claxton, Chasity Saunders, Denrick Romain, Me, and Jihan
Claire-sulmers-plaxico-burress-collection-equipment-shirt-kenzo-skirt-giuseppe-zanotti-lace-up-sandals-fashion-bomb-daily
And I took a twirl down the red carpet in an Equipment shirt, Kenzo skirt (last worn here), and Giuseppe Zanotti lace up sandals

What do you think?
Images by Johnny Nunez

23 Responses to “The Bomb Life: The Plaxico Burress Sock Collection Launch”

1. ChooseyLover says:

I want everything that Claire is wearing. And them legs are flawless.
    Heading to the gym in the AM.

2. AzizMom says:

Plaxico was giving us good shoe game too. All looked dazzling albeit the B- and C listers (no shade).

3. Kahalia says:

Jihan look so young, petite and sweet. Who would guess she can rack up a wicked body count with one FBD post of the worst weekend looks? LOL

4. Did Plaxico not get the Rob Kardashian memo? If he’s going to do a sock line, he should know that it would be more fitting to wear a pant wear the socks could show without him holding up the pant leg. Ahem…moving on. Claire, those legs are the bee’s knees.

Claire you looked great!

6. smv says:

Claire served a perfect little get up for the weekend!! love it.

7. steph says:

Claire, Jihan is going to get you investigated by the Dept of Labor for breaking child labor laws. LOL! Looking great ladies.

8. Solange says:

Claire Claire Claire Claire!!!! Whew honey you got to put out a warning label before you start Serving & Swerving!!
    Claire the mental asylum is currently looking for me cause you just drove me crazy with this look!!

9. NickieLuv621 says:

Killin’ ‘em as always Claire!!

10. DOE RAMIE says:

wow….. socks
    anyway im getting life from claires muscular legs i dont like the outfit but your body is great

11. Niya says:

Claire flawless face and werking the legs but the ruffle skirt with the tied up shoes is doing a little too much I would have opted for a straight skirt or shoes without the ties, but nevertheless both pieces are cute just not together

12. Ms Claire! you better work those legs!

13. Marthe says:

if my socks would express how I feel I would feel dark and dusty (i always wear black socks). It’s nice to see a man of color coming up like this but damn it’s funny to read someone talking so serious about socks… And damn FBD girls, you both look beautiful!! I’ll start to save my money to buy those sandals, those make me drool!

14. justme says:

He is way too fine. Going to google more pics now.

15. Marsha says:

Beautiful hair and makeup Claire!

16. karma says:

Why does Jihan look like she’s 12??

17. Charmaine says:

Best wishes on the Sock Collection! Awesome

18. LOL says:

Since my comment on Jihan hair “didn’t post” lmao…can we get the Tea on PB shoes?

19. Jihan says:

@karma I look like I’m 12 because I take my vitamins #getinto my youthful g l o w

20. Kat says:

LOVE what he said about why he started the business, double love a good comeback. I wish him much success. I’m not much of a socks person myself, but I would purchase a pair as a gift.

And you look stunning, as usual, Claire :)

21. Brenda says:

Claire, beautiful makeup, do tell us the makeup info.

22. BbyAngel says:

You look stunning, Claire! I love everything about your outfit and makeup.

23. Mar says:

I only skimmed through this post to find out who the girl in the blue skirt was. I’ve never seen a pic of Claire, and I’ve been on this site for a long time. CLAIRE is beautiful, wow I still don’t know what the overall post is about that’s terrible I know. But Wow!