May 16th, 2013
Celebrity Style, Plus Sized, Shopping, Spring Wardrobe, Swimsuits, Vacation
Spring 2013 Shopping: 100+ Bikinis, Monokinis, and One Piece Swimsuits!

So I’m headed to Ibiza next week to indulge in a bit of music festival fun (post to come)!
And while I can’t wait to splash around in the sea and sand, my mind is always on one thing: wardrobe.
Spring 2013 Shopping- 100+ Bikinis, Monokinis, and One Piece Swimsuits
Summer means sexy swimsuits, and the more options, the better!
Get a head start on your poolside fly with this shopping guide.
1. Bikinis
rihanna fringe bikini
Been up in the gym, working on your fitness? Go for daring in a cute ‘kini.
nicole scherzinger bikini
We hand selected a fun assortment of triangle tops, cut out options, and mixed and matched separates:

2. Monokinis

christina-milian-bikini-body monokini
Monokinis are perfect if you want to show off a bit of skin without showing it all off. Sexy cut outs can be equally as alluring–just watch out for funky tan lines.
rihanna-monokini
Check out our picks:

3. Rash Guards
Sneak-Peek-Beyonce-For-Shape-Magazine-April-2013
Squeamish about your arms? Want a bit more upper body coverage? A rash guard is basically the new tankini, made popular, no doubt, by Beyonce’s Shape Magazine cover. If you want to try the surfer’s staple, get the look with these:

4.One Pieces
Solange-Knowles-For-Complex3
One piece swimsuits are always a safe bet, and they’re suddenly sexy thanks to spreads like the ones featuring Solange Knowles above. Make your one piece interesting by wearing one with bright colors or a graphic print.
melissa forde instagram jeremy scott face print swimsuit
Get the look here:

5. For the Busty Girls

kim kardashian michael kors swimsuit
As you know, I’m quite top heavy, so buying off the rack doesn’t really work for me. Over the years, I’ve come to cling to brands like Vix, Freya, and Malia Mills, because they offer tops that come in cup sizes (Freya goes up to an F cup!).

katy-perry-bikini-green
Check out a few options for the busty set:

6. For the Donkalicious
1337179781_jennifer-lopez-article-2
High waisted bottoms that are cut high will make you look your leanest and longest. If you’d like to conceal your stallion booty, mix and match, wearing darker colors on the bottom, lighter colors on the top.
serena-williams-bikini-shoot-2
Find a few high waisted and dark bottoms below:

7. For the Plus Sized Set
chastity from dallas swimsuit
From Monif C to ASOS Curve to Rue 107 and GabiFresh‘s line for Swimsuits For All (get it here), there are more choices than ever for those with a little more meat on their bones.
gabi fresh bikini
Aside from perusing the sites mentioned above, take your pic of these pieces from various online retailers:

8. Kaftans
JENNIFER LOPEZ at a Set of New Music Video
No beach look is complete without a few breezy kaftans!
kaftan beyonce-music-video-malibu-04
Look resplendent after your dip in the sea with the following selections:

Now go out and have fun in the sun!
plus sized swimsuits gabi fresh
solange-knowles-jamaica

Eva+Marcille+J+Lo+Pitbull+Filming+New+Music+LnMWZhF8hUtx
Christina-Milian-wearing-a-swimsuit-at-a-pool-party-in-Vegas-450x450
Rita Ora's Dubai Vacation Huit Black Wrap Bikini 1
Rihanna' s French Yacht Minkpink Midnight Dreaming One Piece Floral Cross Back SwimSuit and Miu Miu Culte Oxagonal Sunglasses
*If you have questions about any of the celebrity swimsuits, search our Swimsuits section; we’ve most likely identified them already.

19 Responses to “Spring 2013 Shopping: 100+ Bikinis, Monokinis, and One Piece Swimsuits!”

1. Dkixx says:

Damn, I can’t wait ’til my body is decent enough to get into a swimsuit.

2. Krissy says:

I love this site I really do… But who can actually afford the 500+ cover-ups.. Like seriously. And if so, where do you all work and are they hiring?

3. tasha says:

I am excited about swimsuits this summer. I tend to stick to bikinis that work for top heavy women.

I wish the monokini did that. Not that much support.

Loving high waist right now. Super cute. AA has several great pieces.

I tend to buy from Everything But Water.

Purchased some cute cover ups from Marshalls.

4. Kitty B. says:

Hunny those Rue 107 bathing suits are everything!!!!!!!!!!! And they fit great!

5. Claire says:

@Krissy I always try to include a diversity of offerings. There are just as many options under $100 as there are over, and some over $1,000.
    From what I can see, there are people who visit this site who can afford to spend…but maybe they’re not as vocal as those who can’t.

6. Loving the curvy looks better… Gorge!

7. JrDesignerLover says:

This article is right on time…one piece until, my stretch marks tone down.

8. Beans says:

Treated.

Anyhoo, I’m definitely looking for the high waisted bottoms. Sometimes when wearing I bikini, I look like I’m on my way to be a back up in a rap video. -__-

9. kaliyah says:

beautiful swimsuit I love them all also the one that Rihanna Best Friend Meissla ford saw Kaurreche tran had one the same one

10. Natasha says:

I’m all about hiding my stretch marks but I was surprised to find a nice monokini in your TopShop affiliate box. Thank you for bigging up the swimsuit tag!

11. binks says:

Great pics I love the high waist bottoms!

@ Dkixx its the end of may hunny you should have been in the gym at least by 1 Feb smh

13. t-fal says:

love love LOVE this post!! I’m busty and donkish and it’s soooo hard to find swimwear that supports the girls and doesn’t ride up the butt. I loving the variety of options! Shopping online now…..

14. Nadege says:

Thank you Claire for this post!

15. Cewtie says:

Thanks for the highwaisted options. I think it will also work for me…I have a little mom pouch that the high waist bottom will surely disguise it. :)

This was great!!! You showed two of the 3 bathing suits I have purchased so far. ASOS and Freya

@Krissy-My coverup is DVF. I tend to spend more on my cover-up because that will be seen more than my suit. I work at a Fortune 100 company and yes, they are hiring….

@Claire-Keep up the good work with options for all….

17. ... says:

This is a great post!

18. Neesha says:

Sooo happy you guys featured Gabi’s new swimsuit line!!! I ordered the galaxy print two piece the day it was released. I’m far from skinny but it was too fierce to pass up! Love this!

Claire def threw a little shade with that one lol… I must say though, the options were not exactly split down the middle when it comes to price range but hey… i only come here for inspiration for the most part

anyway ‘rash guards’ are actually swim pieces that i’ve been wearing for years. most people that i know wear them while they are surfing