May 9th, 2013
Celebrity Style, Week in Chic
This Week in Chic: Kenya Moore, Jennifer Lopez, Angela Simmons, and More!
By Faith

Happy Thursday everyone!

It’s a dreary day here in NYC, but my birthday is on the horizon, so as Weezy F Baby would say, “I ain’t got no worries”.

This was a quite casual week in celeb style, with our favorite fashionable stars playing it cool while out and about. Of course, there were a few glam moments, but I think most were ready to scale it back after the showstopping looks at the 2013 Met Gala.

TWIC-0509

Check out some of this week’s most noteworthy ensembles:

kenya-moore-peeples-premiere-hollywood

Kenya Moore took to the Peeples Premiere in an asymmetric, strong-shouldered frock, offset with a white Chanel clutch and Christian Louboutin pumps. Let’s forget the shoes ever happened ok? Without them, the look is fierce!

Jennifer Lopez, dressed head-to-toe in black, heads out of an office building in New York City

Jennifer Lopez was spotted in NYC in a draped Rick Owens top, leather skinnies, and Giuseppe Zanotti sneakers. Hot! Literally…I mean it is Spring right?

angela-simmons-skyy-vodka-infusions-launch-giuseppe-zanotti-sandals

Angela Simmons went bold at the SKYY Infusions Moscato Grape Launch in a polka dot flare dress, red foldover clutch, and $1,450 Giuseppe Zanotti Golden Pyramid Stud Sandals.

elle-varner-2013-tj-martell-foundation-women-of-influence-awards-and-luncheon-new-york-city

Elle Varner opted for retro-inspired femininity at the 2013 T.J. Martell Foundation Women of Influence Awards and Luncheon.

lauren-conrad-malibu-island-spiced-launch-party-new-york-city

At the Malibu Island Spiced Launch Party in the Big Apple, Lauren Conrad showed some skin in a double-slit maxi skirt from her own line, Paper Crown and a pair of ankle-strap sandals. Simple and chic.

jaden-smith-will-smith-after-earth-premiere-south-korea

The Smith men are on the move and they took to the red carpet at their After Earth Premiere in South Korea. Cute.

jordin-sparks-jason-derulo-yrb-magazine-release-party

Jason Derulo celebrated his YRB Magazine cover at the issue’s release party with girlfriend Jordin Sparks. Neither ensemble is anything to write home about, but they’re a cute couple!

queen-latifah-new-york-city-ballet-spring-2013-gala-carmen-marc-valvo-sequin-peplum-gown

Queen Latifah definitely turned a few heads at the New York City Ballet Spring 2013 Gala in a $537 Carmen Marc Valvo Sequined Peplum Gown. Gorgeous no?

anne-hathaway-tate-americas-foundation-artists-dinner-new-york-city-givenchy-spring-2013-dress-jimmy-choo-sandals

At the Tate Americas Foundation Artists Dinner, newly blonde Anne Hathaway showed off her gams in a blush pink Givenchy Spring 2013 frock and a pair of strappy gold Jimmy Choo sandals.

sarah-jessica-parker-tate-americas-foundation-artists-dinner-new-york-city-vintage-gown

Sarah Jessica Parker was also in attendance at the Artists Dinner in a vintage printed gown. Yes SJP!

kate-bosworth-black-rock-los-angeles-screening-miu-miu-dress-prada-pumps

At the LA Screening of her latest film, Black Rock, Kate Bosworth made a statement in a Miu Miu dress and metallic Prada pumps.

gwyneth-paltrow-lafayette-restaurant-new-york-city

Last, but not least was Gwyneth Paltrow who stuck to the classic color palette of black and white while dining at Lafayette Restaurant in NYC. I’m living for her top!

That’s all folks! Any looks catch your eye this week?

30 Responses to “This Week in Chic: Kenya Moore, Jennifer Lopez, Angela Simmons, and More!”

1. Crystal says:

Gwyneth Paltrow does 0 for me.
    Elle Varner looks like a 1st grade teacher on parent/teacher conference night.
    Queen Latifah cleans up nice! I met her once she is sooooo nice and genuine.

2. Even Smith’s son is looking fresh.. Why cant i be related to him :p

Gwyneth Paltrow top, who is it by?

4. Jenna says:

Gwyneth Paltrow YAAASSSSSS!

5. Tiffany says:

I definitely agree about the shoes with Kenya’s outfit, without them its amazing! And I love Anne Hathaway’s look, the blonde hair suits her. I love Gwyneth Paltrow’s look…that top!! @Faith please let us know where we can get it or something similar.

6. JrDesignerLover says:

I wish those louboutin daffodile’s would just go away.

7. Hannah says:

I hate Anne’s new hair =( and that coloured bra Angela’s wearing but I love J.lo’s outfit and the colour in Kenya Moore’s hair.

8. Westafricanmutt says:

Kenya’s shoes just destroyed it. Without them she would have been perfection. She’s so pretty

9. sharebear says:

lol at jordin sparks pushing her bf away. body language is everything.

10. Xi Xi Topp says:

Anne looks so cute but I prefer her blonde ‘do punkier (like she wore it @ the met gala). Kate Bos looks cool (she always wears clothes well but what about her career tho??…she seems like she just wears clothes @ events these days) & I like J.Lo’s all black everything ensemble. Those Zanotti kicks look better in black too.

11. Allure says:

J.Lo and Gwen, I love the looks! On the east coast, the weather has been crazy! One minute, its in the nice 70s, the next minute, its in 50s. So the leather pants are acceptable.

12. SLIMB says:

Kenya looks amazing from the ankles up.
    The Queen, Anne Hathaway and Jessica look great as well.

13. ladyluo says:

I am really loving the blonde on Anne. Just wish her eyebrows would be lightened a bit but she still looks great. Latifah looks fantastic

14. Gwyneth’s top is everything.

15. LawyerLady says:

Krazy Kenya and her krappy kicks. :/

Everybody else looks great! Well, minus Elle but whatevs. J. Lo is perpetually fab. Lauren and Gwenny are serving for sure.

16. fav1 says:

I’m here for Gwyneth!!!! her top is fab…looks like Helmut Lang. Not feeling Anne’s hair with those eyebrows.

17. tasha says:

I am all here for Lauren and Gwyneth looks. Totally love them. I need a look for less on Gwyn outfit our at least the top =)

18. S says:

Like Jenny Lo’s black ensemble. I do hope it’s cold…at least where she is cause it’s 80 degrees where I am. I like Gwyneth’s outfit as well, very chic. Jaden looks every bit the cool/hip teen. Will looks nice, but I’m gonna need big Willie to grow his moustache back. I like the hair cut on Anne although I’m not crazy about the color. It’s my understanding she colored it only for the recent MET Gala.

19. Jeniffer, SJP and Gweneth nailed it. I can’t with Elle Varner, she’s always under done.

20. Kitty B. says:

it was only 60 degress here in NYC yesterday with crazy wind and rain. JLO looks fresh and hot, so she gets a pass!

Can’t stand Gwenyth Paltrow but im loving her outfit

Ann Hathaway just gave me life with her entire look, YASSSS!!

Angela could’ve done without the red bra showing….

21. Dom says:

I like Kenya’s look best. Queen L takes second.

22. Solange says:

I barely even recognized Anne!
    Love love Gwyneth’s top!

23. itsjustme says:

anne is working the blonde. i likes.

24. Lisa says:

I love Gwyneth Paltrow, she knows how to dress….For some reason I also like what J.Lo is wearing.

25. Jei says:

Queen Latfiah looks nothing short of fabulous!!!

26. Morgan says:

Let’s go…
    Elle Varner- A nice fit. Love the fact she opted for prints. The feminine look, away from the oh so abundant edgy style, is refreshing. Love the simplicity behind her hair, and I think the shoes go well with the outfit.
    Lauren Conrad- Simple and styled beautiful. This is how I like to see black worn.
    The Smiths- Will’s suit is on point and I’m loving Jaden’s style. It’s fun.
    Anne Hathaway- Love the silhouette. It’s different and dramatic enough without over-doing. Of course still loving the hair.
    Sarah Jessica Parker- It’s spring, florals are in, and this is a lovely floral dress and styled in a very elegant manner. Nice.

27. NeNe says:

I just wanna know why Jordin pulled that tank down over that skirt like that… how old are we? lol

Angela’s look would’ve been just as cute with a black bra in my opinion.. I’ve never been into the ‘show your bra through your clothes’ thing

& I live for SJP! Always giving it.

28. nyc chick says:

Kenya, Anne, Angela and SJP look nice. Elle Varner looks like Faith Evans

29. Jen says:

If Elle Varner wouldve done a retro hairstyle and makeup she wouldve nailed it!

30. MsTrendy says:

Kenya Moore was looking great.