May 9th, 2013
Celebrity Style, Shopping
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Ashanti was papped while on the move in New York City yesterday. She slipped into a $2,813 Stella McCartney Green Mesh Insert Colorblock Dress and $1,080 Azzedine Alaïa Circle Detail Suede Sandals.

Splurge-Ashantis-New-York-City-Stella-McCartney-Green-Mesh-Insert-Dress-and-Azzedine-Alaia-Circle-Detail-HeelsShe rounded out her look with statement earrings and a leather bolero.

Ashanti-New-York-City-Stella-McCartney-Azzedine-Alaia

Her dress comes in a body-conscious silhouette with mesh inserts that produce a figure-enhancing effect.

stella-mccartney-green-mesh-insert-dress

Her sandals have an open toe with a half sphere and ankle strap detail.

Azzedine-Alaia-Circle-Detail-sandals

You can get her pieces, or recreate the look for less below.

I need those shoes!
Ashanti-Stella-McCartney-Dress-Azzedine-Alaia-HeelsWhat do you think? Hot! or Hmm…

Splurge-Ashantis-New-York-City-Stella-McCartney-Green-Mesh-Insert-Dress-and-Azzedine-Alaia-Circle-Detail-Heels~Cliché

29 Responses to “Splurge: Ashanti’s New York City Stella McCartney Green Mesh Insert Colorblock Dress and Azzedine Alaïa Black Circle Detail Suede Sandals”

1. tasha says:

I have been in love with this dress for awhile. Super gorgeous. I dont understand the crop shoulder jacket though. Nor do I understand why her hair looks look she just threw on a wig and walked out the house.

2. anonymous says:

Whoever styled Ashanti’s wig could have at least tried to leave some hair out in the front. It just looks like the wig shifted to the side of her head accidentally. It’s a little obvious…considering there are so many amateur youtube hair gurus that have much more natural looking wigs. Anyway, she looks great and I would like to know if that’s a leather bolero? If so, it is cute.

3. Dkixx says:

Another good look for Ashanti. The dress is nice but the shoes are fierceness!!!

4. Reeseecup says:

She looks cute. That wig could have looked better and she could have left the bolero at home. But those shoes are everything!!!!

Fab

6. Olwethu says:

The dress is perfect but that crop jacket has to go. I am not really bothered about the hair.

7. Empress says:

She looks cute.

8. Kitty B. says:

Ashanti’s shape is incredible she looks great!

Trust a light leather is needed right now in NYC with all the rain and bi-polar weather we’ve been experiencing, smh

9. Sassncurlz says:

I love the dress and don’t mind the leather bolero (the rain and wind was crazy in NYC yesterday). However I have to agree the wig is a no no, she has beautiful hair and should set it free.

Nice dress and shoes, horrific wig.

11. Cewtie says:

I would prefer the nude version of the shoes she is wearing with the dress.

And no to the leather bolero if she is wearing it as part of the ensemble but it’s okay if she’s just sporting it outside.

12. MonieB says:

Love the dress and the shoes. I think the shoes in nude would be a better option. Not excited about the jacket but it is ok. I hate the hair.

13. fav1 says:

I was thinking the same thing @Cewie….I would have like to see the tan colored sandal. Over all she looks good! I love her leather bolero jacket. The crazy thing about Ashanti’s hair is she has long hair! she used to just add pieces to it….why a wig now?

14. LADE says:

I like this

15. Hannah says:

Ah I love the bolero, I like the shape it adds to her shoulders. Plus it makes the dress day appropriate without hiding the detail

16. Crystal says:

She looks really pretty but that’s too much hair.

17. MsA says:

Look at that gotd*mn wig.

18. tt says:

love the dress, leather bolero, shoes, & make up. maybe it was chilly & she needed something to cover her arms, but didn’t want to cover up the dress because she knew she’d be photographed. ashanti looks great, but that wig is so not it. the style is ok, it’s just that its way too much; like the hair stylist should have gone through the wig w/some thinning shears.

19. yahnam says:

i love love love! omg ashanti looks fab

20. Nubiahbella says:

Her Kim Kardashian wig is throwing me off :)

21. LawyerLady says:

Yikes!

22. Asia Monique says:

Great look on her. The nude shoes would have given it a tad bit more flair.

Hair and makeup…just dreadful.

24. kk says:

She looks great as usual!

25. A says:

Yeah the outfit would have looked better without the jacket and with nude pumps instead. Other than that, she’s so gorg!

26. Morgan says:

She looks nice. I hate bolero(s), but this leather one goes well with the outfit. I prefer the shoes in black. Yes, a better wig is needed.

27. DarkEmpress says:

Cliché can we please get the details on the Bolero?

28. nicky says:

I love :)

29. Diva says:

Now that I take a better look her wig does look cocked to the side and its too much hair, perhaps it should have been thinned out a bit…. on to the real issues now: TAKE THAT NELLY & EAT YA HEART OUT, She looks really good in the dress & shoes… I love the complete outift w/ jacket too. Go head Ashanti we see you gurl !!!!