May 8th, 2013
Celebrity Style, Rihanna, Shopping

Melissa Forde posted a picture with bestie Rihanna, with the BadGal herself in a $2,250 Balmain Green Multicolor Printed Blouse, the brand’s $3,050 mint green skater skirt, and her favorite $1,395 nude patent leather Christian Louboutin “Sex” Pumps:
Her loose-fit multicolor long sleeve silk blouse features alternating geometric and floral patterns printed throughout.
0 Rihanna's Instagram Balmain Green Multicolor Printed Blouse, Mint Skater Skirt, and Christian Louboutin 'Sex' Pumps
Her flared buffed leather skirt in seafoam green has seam pockets at the front, along with pleats at the waistband.
rihanna instagram balmain mint green skater skirt balmain blouse
Her patent leather pointed toe pump are sewn with a crystal embellished “SEX” detail at the toes.
Jennifer Lopez Sex Pumps Fashion Bomb Daily American Idol
Cute!
If you can, splurge on her shirt and skirt at Ssense.com:

Hot look, Rih!
What do you think?

*More into Melissa’s ensemble? She’s wearing this $150 Rihanna for River Island High Neck Slash Back Dress and $1,095 Valentino Studded and Elaphe Flats:
melissa forde instagram rihanna for river island black high neck high slit dress
valentino-taupe-studded-leather-and-elaphe-flats-product-1-6626937-151205346_large_flex
Get her dress at Opening Ceremony and her flats at Net-a-Porter.

**Rihanna’s of course worn her River Island dress before:
rihanna-river-island-oxford-street-launch-rihanna-for-river-island-black-knit-maxi-dress-2
Rihanna for River Island Collection Launch - London
Who wore it better?

38 Responses to “Get the Look: Rihanna’s Instagram Balmain Green Multicolor Printed Blouse, Balmain Mint Leather Skater Skirt, and Christian Louboutin ‘Sex’ Pumps”

1. Dkixx says:

Ri looks nice. That mint green color is sooo beautiful. The shoes are sexay!!!

2. Fab. says:

I looooove her skirt.

Melissa is Hurt McGirt… I think its the wig

3. Kitty B. says:

I think we need a “Who Wore it Better” post Claire…definitely think Riri looked more put together than her bestie in the River Island dress

4. what? says:

$2200 for a blouse?!??! no no no

5. andrea says:

love them both…i guess they wear each others clothes..very cute.

6. Charlie says:

Melissa reminds me of a mom in 1995 going to an office party. Its the hair and the turtle neck dress. I don’t get that at all with Rihanna’s styling of it though.

7. Solange says:

Love Love Love the mint green skater skirt! The blouse is super cute but the price is not.
    SN: Why would Melissa even wear that dress with flats??? No hun just no..

8. Beyond A Chance says:

@ What….My sentiments exactly!

9. yahnam says:

Melissa needs to toss that wig my goodness. your walking around with ri ri lol

10. Anon2 says:

Rihanna looks so fresh and so clean. Even her hair looks moisturized.

11. Morgan says:

Rihanna looks fabulous, and I actually think Melissa looks nice in the dress…but the hair, the shoes. Is Melissa being paid to look bad or something?

12. Empress says:

Love that skirtttttt

13. lola says:

This Melissa chick is a professional best friend? smh

14. iheartkeya says:

Rih looks great here, as usual. Nice for spring

15. I think they both look equally fab and I loove their friendship

16. Frost says:

How is this ‘get the look’ when there aren’t more affordable options? Who here has $5,000 to spend on this look?

17. Est87 says:

What is CONSTANTLY up with Melissa’s hair? As Rihanna’s ‘bestie’, how can you have access to opportunities and opinions from TOP hair stylists and still have hair like this?! She always look sloppy

18. Hater says:

Lovely look on both, Melissa needs a new hairstyle though this aint working chick!

19. NYC chick says:

Both look cute minus Melissa’s hair

20. Claire says:

@Frost There are posts called Get the Look that show you where to purchase every item someone has on. Then there are posts called Look for Less, that do the same, for those on a budget. Splurge posts generally focus on one item the person is wearing over $100. Steal posts do the same, for items under $100.
    Get the Look doesn’t necessarily have to be on a budget; Look for Less does. Hope that explains our ‘lingo.’

Melissa’s body looks better in the maxi dress. She has more curves, but Rihanna’s shoes and hair fit the dress more. Rihanna’s outfit is cute but overpriced. I’m positive you can find something similar if not exactly the same for way less.

I cant with Melissa and that mop on her head. I mean damn Girl u follow rihanna 24/7 u should be coming correct as well.

24. tasha says:

Riri looks great. Loving this look. Super cute and playful. Loving Melissa’s dress and shoes. not together but separate they are cute

I reckon Rih is a bad friend if she can’t tell her bestie to ditch that mop. There’s no excuse to be looking this dreadful when they have access to stylists and weaves. maybe she has used up her weave quota for the year.

26. Nikkibellarae says:

Rihanna is gorgeous, the printed blouse and skirt combo is perfect, I think…

Love Riri in this color.

28. S says:

I have to agree on the price of the shirt…that’s crazy. These celebs don’t have to pay for a lot of the clothes/accessories they get though. I mean my goodness even if you are rich, what would be your price point limit? When, is something too expensive even for the rich? Just curious.
    I like the Balmain outfit on Rihanna though.

29. ceiling Missing that means my ROOF gone! says:

HAIR! BLAHHHH!! RIHANNA,PLEASE DO YA GIRL A FAVOR AND GET HER A BETTER HAIR DRESSER

30. incog says:

Is her friend Melissa’s hair ever done? She looks like wesley snipes no wonder she’s so consumed with Ciara…

31. incog says:

And why would she do that dress with flats? Is she crazy? LMAOOO

32. sharebear says:

Iono, riri’s hair hasn’t been in tip top shape as well these days…

33. lola says:

Why would a simple costs $2,250 and a skirt $3,050 I would never understand are they made of what exactly? I guess it’s bcs I can’t afford them but still ridiculous that these basic looking thing would cost this much.
    OAN: Riri rarely disappoints when it comes to fashion she looks amazing

34. Frost says:

@Claire, oh ok got it. That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation!

35. Ppl say funny things says:

Who ever said she look better than riri you need to adjust your eyes or something. More curves does mean its better anywho she looks great both times….she’s been looking good lately

36. Ppl say funny things says:

Melissa *

37. Diva says:

is that the same skirt Angela Simmons tried to rock in black …if so she should look at Rih and hit the gym for real this time. Melissa should have worn heels and I wouldn’t have wanted to follow Rih wearing the same dress— just isn’t fair… comparing Boonesfarm to Ace of Spades