May 7th, 2013
Shopping, Spring Wardrobe, Style Inspiration, What to Wear
Spring 2013 Style Inspiration: What to Wear to a NASCAR Race
By Danielle Nicole

Happy Tuesday Fashion Bomb readers!
Though we were all about the Met Gala last night, we’re returning to our regularly scheduled program! Today I’m answering a “What to Wear” request for a bombshell who is looking to make a fashionable statement at an upcoming NASCAR event.

Reader Crystal writes, “I’m going to my first NASCAR race in a few weeks with my husband & have no clue what to wear. I mean really I don’t want to look like a fly on the wall! So was curious if you could do a Style Inspiration for that event! What do people even wear to races? Jeans & team t’s? Keep doing what y’all are doing…it’s great!”

Well Crystal to ensure you don’t look like a “fly on the wall” at your first NASCAR race, you want to keep your look casual and comfortable. Jeans and t-shirts will be your best bet to enjoy the race, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have some fun with your wardrobe.

So for your first option, I went for simplicity with a white Zara linen tank top paired with H&M dark denim skinny jeans and added a trendy print with an H&M floral printed bomber jacket. To make the look more stylish, accessorize with a chic pair of Steve Madden cuff flat thong sandals, Max Studio clear framed sunglasses, pink Kate Spade New York Locked In stud earrings, and a MARC BY MARC JACOBS white birch/black leather crossbody handbag.
What to Wear to a NASCAR Race
For the final touch, work in additional shades of color to brighten up the look with a mint green mani and a subtle pink lip gloss.

For your second choice, I opted for a simple print and a few pops of color including an H&M black and white striped baseball tee, ADRIANO GOLDSCHMIED The Stilt poppy red cigarette jeans, a classic denim jacket, and a pair of black suede and gold metallic leather Saint Laurent Classic Janis flat t-strap sandals.
What to Wear to a NASCAR Race 1

Play up this casual look with a black and yellow color-block Michael Kors medium Selma Saffiano satchel, a pair of Ray-Ban aviator sunglasses, and a chunky gold chain link necklace to complete this second wardrobe option.

For your final look, I mixed a blue TIBI silk cami top with a pair of cuffed denim shorts, and a white denim moto vest. Spruce things up with a few colorful accessories like a pair of printed Steve Madden Xtrime wedges, a green Henri Bendel Milliner crossbody handbag, tribal print bangles, and Vince Camuto Square Stone stud earrings.
What to Wear to a NASCAR Race 2
Add in a classic pair of Diane Von Furstenberg sunglasses and a glossy pink lip as the finishing touches to your final NASCAR look.

And that’s it! Will any of these styling suggestions work for your first NASCAR race?

17 Responses to “Spring 2013 Style Inspiration: What to Wear to a NASCAR Race”

1. Ny says:

The second look is giving me life!

2. My Response says:

cute looks. i need that H&M jacket.

3. jrdesignerlover says:

Love the options.

4. Honeybrown says:

I love you Danielle Nicole. So fashion forward yet financially friendly !!! Awesome combination

5. tasha says:

These are all great looks, but I have been to Nascar races and yeah she will stick out. People wear jeans and tshirts. There is nothing fashionable going on there. Not even the racers wives or girlfriends are dressing.

6. Honeybrown says:

Lol @tosha I thought the same thing

7. binks says:

That H &M jacket is adorable, cute looks for the event.

8. Erica B. says:

I’ve gone to the races at Talladega Speedway and any of these looks will work. I’d just make sure that wedge is super walkable though. And if these is her first time and going and she’s not a fan — earplugs! It’s migraine-inducingly loud. And sunscreen.

9. Niecy says:

But this is a fashion site. Sure she could’ve post three t-shirt and jeans options but that would be bland. These are options for people who don’t want to look overdone but still want to maintain personal style

10. Chas says:

Loved all three looks!!!

11. Carmen@gmail.com says:

I love you Danielle Nicole! To be honest, every time you put these looks together I envision myself in them going any where and every where..I don’t care what event they were created for..lol

12. LOLA says:

All the looks are cute but not good for nascar AT ALL you will be totally over dressed in these casual outfits A tee shirt flipflops and some shorts will be fine I live about 5 miles from a nascar track and they are totally drunk and dressed down in the baking heat so no heels and depending on what city your in no jackets because it will be hot inside the track area in the sun

LOVE the looks, but I’m from Charlotte, NC and they do NOT wear this to NASCAR! lol Try jeans, sneakers and a trucker hat! @ALEXISLOVESME

14. PeaceofStyle says:

Looks 1 and 2 are cute, especially the jacket. Look 2 is a great look to wear all year: running errands, transitioning from summer to fall.

15. Noirre says:

I want that floral bomber jacket!

16. Stephanie B says:

The outfits are cute but def NOT for nascar race esp the shoes, im a nascar girl and the middles one is okay but all she needs is shorts a cute tank top or driver t-shirt cute tennis shoes, there is a lot of walking and stairs (the stands)

17. andrea taylor says:

Great looks for raceday. I’ve been a racefan all my life and ladies should pull it together for a day at the track!