March 28th, 2013
Celebrity Style, Nicki Minaj, Who Wore it Better
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

June Ambrose attended The Cinema Society & Jaeger-LeCoultre screening Of  The Host in the same pair of Christian Louboutin Black/White Watersnake Daf Mary Janes Nicki Minaj wore in January.

Who Wore It Better-032813-June Ambrose vs. Nicki Minaj in Christian Louboutin’s Black-White Watersnake Daf Mary Janes
Nicki paired her Louboutins with a $1,350 Hervé Léger Colorblock Bandage Dress and a straight blonde ‘do, while June went the more conservative route in a printed suit and loose waves.

The shoes are fashioned out of watersnake and feature a 6″ covered heel and a 3″ platform.

nicki minaj christianlouboutin-ladydaf-1130132_bk09_1_1200x1200

The colorblocked bandage dress with the shoes (though vibrant) was a bit overwhelming, so I’m giving this one to June.

What do you think? Who wore it better?

June-Ambrose-The-Host-NYC-Premiere-Printed-Suit-and-Christian-Louboutin-Black-White-Pumps

Hot-or-Hmm-Nicki-Minajs-American-Idol-Screening-Herve-Leger-Colorblock-Cutout-Bandage-Dress

~Cliché

20 Responses to “Who Wore it Better? June Ambrose vs. Nicki Minaj in Christian Louboutin’s Black/White Watersnake Daf Mary Janes”

for June to be a stylist why doesn’t she give more. she always looks typical to me, she’s never special…maybe it’s just me.

2. SYDNI says:

I actually dont like Junes shoe parring here but my herve leger/christian louboutin prejudice just wont let me give it to Nicki

3. jeda says:

I know morally I should go for June, but I like Nicki’s pairing, funky dress with funky shoes…it speaks to who she is.
    Blessings

4. Mimi says:

I hate the blonde hair it ruins most looks of hers IMO. I wish June had worn a different pair of pants with a cut that showed off the shoe. I’m goin with June cause nicki gives me nightmares

5. Tamara C. says:

Chile, quit playing! June…

June! Nic looks like a NYC taxi cab

7. Aaron says:

These comments were so predictable!!!! LMAO!

We all LOVE LOVE LOVE June, but sad to say, Nikki got this one!

:-(

8. June. Nicki is doing the most.

9. Jei says:

@Anonymous I agree about June always looking typical as opposed to actually lookibg like a stylist imo. Thought I was the only one.

As for who wore it better, I’m opting for neither. Besides not liking the shoe, both pairings are too much. The shoe does enough & should be worn with something more simple.

10. Lade says:

I never understood the hype about June, she always looked over the top t me or regular, I guess that’s why her show never lasted. Hate the shoes though but I’ll give it to June because its the lesser of two evils. She sould of wore wide trousers and she should know better.

11. RHONYC says:

love Nik’s colorblock which is so ‘very’ right now.

Mmm, i feel June misses the mark and goes overboard with that matchy-matchy pantsuit / accesories thing which Vivica practically invented (circa Kill Bill promos – now).

its very ‘older gal’, but still trying to be ‘young gal’ sexy hence the open shirt & boobies.

nope.

HAPPY EASTER & PASSOVER BOMBERS! ;-D

12. Keko says:

U ever notice how most of the style setters look crazy..June looks ladylike nice..but I.m into the nonmatchy matchups…Barbie

13. V says:

Her make up and then her dress??? Not matching..omg too much going on nicki.

14. Lola says:

Those shoes are hideous, just because it has a red bottom it doesn’t mean its nice. Eurgh, they are so ugly they look like any pair of heels you could get at a market!!!

15. andrea says:

ugly shoes

16. vision kinda Rosy says:

Nicki Nicki Nicki!

17. Erica says:

Nicki by far has this….hands down. June is way over the top matchy matchy with the black/white/grey tones. It’s gloomy :(. Nick’s is fun and vibrant. Just chop off her head (makeup and wig) and I’m all over her fit!!!!

18. KEYA313 says:

I like them both; I think it reaaly depends on the look you are going for..

19. LawyerLady says:

Die crazy platforms! Die!