March 22nd, 2013
Beyonce, Ethnic Models, Fashion, Fashion News, Men's style
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Patrick Robinson Head Designer of Gap
Patrick Robinson‘s a busy man these days! In addition to launching a kick-starter to get his still-developing Pashko label off the ground, the designer has snagged a new gig as creative director of Armani Exchange. Robinson has worked for one of Armani’s brands in the past: the Le Collezioni White Label by Giorgio Armani back in the ’90s. This time around, Robinson will be in charge of the product development and marketing aspects of the label. Congrats! (Vogue UK)

bow-down-beyonce

• Those of you who are not feeling Beyoncé’s latest tune, congratulations– you have something in common with Rush Limbaugh! The shock jock took to his show to declare Mrs. Knowles-Carter had made a “complete 180″ from her female empowering past. “Beyoncé, now having been married, having been impregnated and giving birth to Blue Ivy … she’s got a new song, ‘Bow, Down Bitches’ … Beyoncé is now saying, ‘Go ahead and put up with it!” said Limbaugh. He went on to offer up his thoughts on the singer’s sudden change of rhythm, “You know why? I’ll tell you why. Because she married a rich guy. She’s even calling herself Mrs. Carter on the tour … She has shelved Beyoncé … She now understands it’s worth it to bow down.” Thoughts? (Huff Post)

Kardashians-Get-Tanning-Line

• They might have to change the name of their cosmetics range, but that’s not going to stop the Kardashians from turning a profit in the beauty market. The sisters three are releasing a line of self-tanners, Kardashian Sun Kissed, making it more complicated than ever before to maintain a fake tan. The five-product range includes a three-step process: “Step one is using either Body Exfoliator or Color Maximizer, $12.99 each; the second step is choosing either Instant Sunless Lotion or Instant Sunless Spray, $19.99 each, and the final step is applying Tan Extender with Bronzers.” So much work to get what God gives to some of us naturally. Anyhow, if you’re in the market for self-tanner and don’t mind contributing to baby Kimye’s savings account, the line will be available exclusively at Ulta in April. (WWD)

Joan-Smalls-Liu-Wen-Daphne-Groenveld-Lindsey-Wixon

• After announcing Beyoncé as the face of their Summer ad campaign yesterday, H&M has now unveiled their latest project, ‘The New Icons at H&M’. The offering is a pre-summer collection inspired by the personal style of Joan Smalls, Daphne Groeneveld, Lindsey Wixon and Liu Wen. On what to expect, “think biker jackets, frayed cut off shorts, long black chiffon skirts, fringed bags, wide-brimmed hats and short ankle boots.”  You’ll be able to get your hands on the pieces come April. Are you interested? (Telegraph)

•Check out Fashion Bomb Friend Upscale Hype’s newest video series, titled the Platform. For episode 1, EIC Allen Onyia offers a lesson in chivalry, aided by his $2,800 Givenchy Slim-Fit Double Layered Wool-Blend Coat. Like what you see? Subscribe to their channel here. (Fashion Bomb Inbox)

~Jihan

28 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Patrick Robinson Is The New Creative Director of Armani Exchange, The Kardashians Get Self Tanning Line, and Beyoncé Bow Down Controversy Continues With Rush Limbaugh”

1. jrDesignerLover says:

The Kardashian’s look overly airbrushed.

2. Dkixx says:

Rush Limbaugh needs to stick his thumb up his ass, then use that same thumb and stick it in his mouth. Shut up dude!

3. tasha says:

congrats to Patrick. I used to wear Aramani Exchange in college. They have cute pieces now still.

Beyonce is going to stay getting flack.

The Kardashian sure dont google. There are several companies in Cali and Texas with same name and I believe product line. I see several lawsuits in their future.

4. Huh? What Rush Limbaugh said made no sense. Per usual.

5. LawyerLady says:

H&M = reality fashion

6. RHONYC says:

i’m curious to see Pat Robinson’s work for A/X, i liked very much how he turned Gap around. he’s giving ‘Maxwell’ in that pic. hot!

holy photoshop! i didn’t even recognize Kourtney. they need to stop with that already.

who gives a damn what Rush Lardball says anyway…shouldn’t he be checking his cholesterol or something? :eyeroll:

7. Annoyingly Right says:

LOLLL @ RHONYC “holy photoshop” I said the same thing about Kourtney. And notice that Khloe’s leg is super skinny? Photoshop should be banned.

8. says:

I always find it funny that, where Caucasian/white/pasty whatever models can look ‘special’ all other ethnicities are usually pretty to stunning. Which I can’t say of most Caucasian/white/pasty whatever models….

9. SheSaid says:

Someone please tell me who those three girls are in bikinis…who?

10. BaldGirl says:

Sadly, I agree with Rush. Beyonce has slowly begun to change her look, her voice, and it seems, her platform. With my generation growing up to her music, is it really necessary for her to tell us to Bow Down? Has she gotten too comfortable and forgotten she’s human?

11. FashAnon says:

That was a really cute video!

12. Clearly Beyonce is not speaking to her fans nor women in general. I’m quite sure the lyrics are geared towards the jealous females that may have doubted her potential. Rush Limbaugh is obviously somewhere lost in translation. Just let her be great..sit back and enjoy the show!!

13. Jei says:

Swagged on her! That video was too cute.

Bey..idk girl.

The Kardashians need to sit down. Ya’ll got too much going on.

14. Mesa says:

I was so lost about what rush said… Like what does her being married to a rich guy and calling herself ms carter have to Do with the song…sheesh this woman cant catch a break!

15. LiteR says:

Yay for Patrick! He’s so good at what he does. The K’s can try whatever venture they want and see what sticks after a few million. Poor Jihan.. Always on the front line. Always aligning people who question or dislike anything Beyonce with haters and the like. Now Rush Limbaugh.. It’s childish. and a little weird.. Bey’s (lyrics) song is offensive and odd at best. I like alot of her music but I can be objective enough to say that.. I’m definitely adult enough to know everyone doesn’t think my fav artist is as awesome as I think they are. Be careful to not turn people off with the divisiveness. JMO & 2 cents.. Thanks

16. Jihan says:

@LiteR

I… didn’t call people who don’t like the song haters. In fact, I never offered an opinion on the song.

17. lah.di.dah says:

the kardashians look like a kartoon…so incredibly airbrushed, even for them.

we now khlo khlo isn’t that small

18. lah.di.dah says:

know* smh…

over hearning about the beyonce song!! she was telling the haters… the nay sayers in a way to kiss her ass (sandra rose… tamar… wendy williams etc) not us !! goodness let her live geesh. anyway the kardashians need to find a seat ..that air brushed picture looks dumb as ever lol

20. Soul Touch says:

Why would any think she was telling YOU to bow down? Obviously you didn’t listen to lyrics. SMH come on now.

The Kardashians will do anything for a buck.

21. Natasha says:

Coochiness (Brian_Bee) is preparing his conniption over Rush’s comments at this very moment. That last part of his sentence was quite misogynistic, no? But then again, it’s in response to a questionable song. Caveat: I’ve only listened to 19 seconds of Bow Down.

what happened to kourtneys face?!?!?! she looks like a completely different person!!!!….the Kardashians need to stop…

23. D.A. says:

I didn’t even bother looking at the Kardashian promo pic, it wasn’t them, besides, they don’t even need tanning equipment…….do they? Reading that product description was like watching a spoof on SNL (I can see it now).

Congratulations to Patrick Robinson, I see him doing great things at A|X.

And as far as Bey is concerned: So let me get this straight, after accusing this woman of faking her pregnancy, and questioning whether she could really sing or not (Inauguration-gate), calling out her friend and band-mate (Michelle) for ‘****in up the vibe’ during Super Bowl people are shocked that she put out ‘Bow Down/ I been on’. Rush Limbaugh is full of it (as he usually is), and if he checked his facts he would know that Bey is a self-made woman who just so happens to be married to a self-made man. People kill me these days, LOL

24. LiteR says:

@Jihan it’s the tone of your posts & comments when Beyonce is concerned. Just my observation as a newly avid FB reader. No harm intended.

25. Erica says:

For the life of me I cannot understand why ppl think bey is telling all women to ” bow down” did y’all lesson to what she was singing? Or did you simply hear the catch phrase and ran with it?

If u think using the bword is derogatory-I get that. But the lyrics explicitly explain that this is a message for all of the doubters, haters, and nay Sayers. Figurative language that’s states she still on top-and u *%#*+ will deal!

Love it

26. Ummm, sun.kissed is my name! Where’s my lawyer!

27. Marthe says:

I was thinking about you right at the second I read that tanning line name! Poor Sun.Kissed at fbd!

28. Krystel says:

Photoshopped much @ the Kardashian’s photo ……weird!!