• We can add Angela Simmons‘s name to the ever-growing list of celebrity designers. The young entrepreneur posted a first look at the new label to her Angela I Am website.
From what you can see, what do you think? (Angela I Am)
• The girls will be simply indignant to hear that not only has Beyoncé dropped the first
single song presumably from her upcoming ‘Mrs. Carter’ album, but it also instructs her loyal stans et. al (this includes haters) to genuflect accordingly. So, sound off! Are you feeling ‘Bow Down’? (Funky Dineva)
• We ladies aren’t the only ones worried about our midsections. Star magazine is reporting that at his more advanced age, Brad Pitt is growing wary of his expanding belly. The gossip rag says the actor has started rocking Spanx’s ‘compression garments’ in order to tame his tummy. Of course, you can’t always believe what you read in Star, but it’s Monday, and we could use a little tidbit to feel better about ourselves. (Telegraph)
• Page Six reports that Christie Brinkley is eyeing the reportedly soon-to-be empty spot at The View‘s round table. According to NYP‘s ‘sources,’ Elisabeth Hasselbeck has gotten the axe, and producers are trying to find someone to replace her. Also in the running (allegedly) are Ali Wentworth and Brooke Shields. Page Six says The View‘s producers are planning on taking is slow with regards to finding a replacement. Personally, I think Naomi Campbell would be a great choice from the show– she’d lay down the law! What do you think? Do you like Brinkley for the position, or do you have another favorite in mind? (NYP)
• Liberty London is teaming with AG Adriano Goldschmied for a limited edition denim collection. The 13-piece range boasts jeans, chambray shirts, rompers, and more, all printed with the stores famed ditsy designs. The collection drops on March 21st, but if you can’t wait, get a preview of the range here. (Vogue UK)
• Brazilian jelly shoe company Melissa has tapped Karl Lagerfeld to lens a shoot for the latest issue of their Plastic Dreams publiciation. The Chanel overlord appears alongside Cara Delevingne on the cover, and shot a 16-page spread featuring the model. Included in the issue is also an interview with Lagerfeld, which is sure to be a pleasure to read. (WWD)