March 15th, 2013

4 Joans Smalls by Matthew Stone for GQ Style Issue 16

5 Joans Smalls by Matthew Stone for GQ Style Issue 16

6 Joans Smalls by Matthew Stone for GQ Style Issue 16

7 Joans Smalls by Matthew Stone for GQ Style Issue 16

8 Joans Smalls by Matthew Stone for GQ Style Issue 16

9 Joans Smalls by Matthew Stone for GQ Style Issue 16
The Gospel According to Tisci. Joan Smalls, Dominique Hollington, and More by Matthew Stone for GQ Style Issue #16.
Images: GQ

Posted In
25 comments

25 Responses to “Snapshot: Joan Smalls, Dominique Hollington, and More by Matthew Stone for GQ Style Special Collector’s Issue #16”

1. bev says:

YES GOD!

2. Keanna says:

For some reason, in these photos I can see “flaws” in Joan’s physical beauty that I never noticed before. But they make her even MORE beautiful to me. These pics are amazeballs and so is she:)

3. jrDesignerLover says:

Ummm…I was liking it until I kept scrolling down and it became blasphemous.

4. nmillmich25 says:

@jrDesignerLover..I am the least religious person ever but I agree with you on that one!

5. Pari says:

The first shot is nice…. that’s all

I don’t see anything here I would wear and I normally like couture pieces.

7. Mara Janae says:

Possibly one of the worst spreads I’ve ever seen?

8. AzizMom says:

Hmm, was the inspiration for the shoot and collection all this Pope business?

9. Hope says:

hmmm they need to chill with over the top shoots.

10. lola says:

I knew it, I just knew some fashion bombs will start blabbing about blasphemy and sacrilege smh black people have completely but brainwashed by Western religion, damn shame.

As for the pictures, Joan Smalls continues to be basic as usual. Why is she famous, I will never know.

This editorial belongs to the BOYS. Would have so much better without Joan. The BOYS are serving it, big time and Dominic is just a thing of beauty: pure sex and charisma. I love the homoerotic shot of the white hand around his torso. Now that’s a picture worth hanging on the walls of a gallery.

11. lola says:

*have completely been*

12. Vanessa says:

I love Joan, She brings so much pride to the Puerto Rican Community! Go Boricuas!

13. Blue says:

These pictures are so disturbing; The world is really sending messages from all over that men in same sex relationship will be in power. ( Nail Polish, Pink, Facials) this is horrid; Boys loving Boys is what they want the new norm to be

14. Marthe says:

I partly agree with Blue, and can someone just tell me the name of that BEAUTIFUL male model? I want to see more of him!

15. Karyn says:

not feeling Joan. a bit too bland.

16. lola says:

Blue,
    This is not your church girl. Take your brain thumping antics out of here. What are you doing on a fashion website by the way? Shouldn’t you be cursing “sinners” on some Christian blog? F*ck outta here with this sh*t. I’m getting tired of these judgmental Christians on fashion bomb. This is a fashion site not your pulpit. I can’t with religious fanaticism, I just cant.

@ Hope, @Blue and Jrdesignerlover, I agree with you all. lola, u mad?? I hope you’ll sleep well tonight.

18. Jei says:

Not feeling the theme too much but the boys are serving. Love Joan but it seems to masculine for her.

19. Amelie says:

Hi Claire and team,
    The black models name is Dominique Hollington. Black models have it tough enough please show love to them!!

Xx,
    Ame.

20. Claire says:

@Ame Thanks for the tip! I knew I knew Dominique’s face:
    Was just too lazy to look it up. Thanks again, I updated.

21. I love it, it’s so different

22. Teresa says:

This is unique

23. Keity says:

@lola, respect that fact that she made it and stop pot shotting. There’s alot of white models that are praised and famous and are absolutely wack. Let Joan get all her shine and then some!