March 14th, 2013
Beyonce, Concert, Spring Wardrobe, Style Inspiration, What to Wear
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

It seems a lot of you are heading to The Mrs. Carter Show World Tour starring none other than Beyoncé! Our inbox has runneth over with requests for ideas on what to wear!

A couple messages echoed Charlene’s sentiments, “Although the Beyonce Mrs. Carter Show is months away for my city, I’m so excited I’m ready to start the hunt for something to wear now. Its a mid summer concert and I want to be comfortable but cute…Please help, What to Wear.”

I think the number 1 thing to keep in mind when dressing for concerts is your comfort level. Some people tend to go the more dressy route, while others keep it low key. Find a balance that suits your needs.

Style-Inspiration-What-to-Wear-to-Beyonces-Mrs-Carter-Show-World-Tour-3For this first look, I went with a trusty pair of cut off denim shorts (it will be summer after all), and a $17 Beyoncé tank top. Is there any place more appropriate to wear a shirt featuring the face of your favorite artist? On the footwear tip, I chose a pair of Topshop Richard Hi-Vamp Sandals with a stacked heel (of course you can switch this out for flats/sneakers). Add a bit of pop with a cobalt blue bag and a red lip.

Go floral with look number 2.

Style-Inspiration-What-to-Wear-to-Beyonces-Mrs-Carter-Show-World-Tour-2

Besides the hassle when it’s time to head to the restroom, jumpsuits are an easy way to look pulled together and chic. Feel free to wear a pair of sandals or flats to maintain comfort. Accessorize with this ASOS Kissing Birds Cross Body Bag.

With the third look, tackle a few of the season’s hottest trends.
Style-Inspiration-What-To-Wear-To-Beyonces-Mrs-Carter-Show-World-Tour

A black and white crop top paired with a leather skirt achieves a modern effect without seeming forced. Acquire a punch of color with a yellow purse, and a bright mani.

Finally, Thee Glambr Girl wrote, ” I know its a ways away but I wanted to know if you have any ideas on what i should wear to this show. This is HUUUUUUGGGGGEEEE for me. Beyonce is my sister so I have to look my absolute best. Its in July in Charlotte NC so it will be hot. Also I’m going out to the club afterwards so my outfit needs to be transitional.”

Style-Inspiration-What-to-Wear-to-the-Mrs-Carter-Show-World-Tour-4

Prints are another hit for the season. I chose this blue and white leaf print romper because the loose fit allows you to stay cool (this will take place in July), and the low cut and short hem gives it just the right amount of sex appeal for the club. Though I recommend flats for the actual concert, you can switch into these Aquazzura gladiator sandals afterward. Top it off with a bright clutch and you’re set!

There you have it! I’ll be heading to the show when it hits Barclays in August. You can catch me in something similar to look one.

No matter what we wear, I’m sure we’ll all be getting our lives!

~Cliché
*Are you a stylist? Are you good at putting together outfits and ideas in Polyvore and Shopstyle? We are looking for an intern to help with our What to Wear section. Please send a few examples of your work to thefashionbomb@gmail.com.

17 Responses to “Style Inspiration: What to Wear to Beyoncé’s Mrs. Carter Show World Tour and Concert”

1. JuJu says:

The last one is a winner!

2. Sam Street says:

LOVE all of these looks! I am a fan of combining feminine and rocker/sporty looks. I love all four looks, the stripes and black skirt could also be worn in the fall/winter time with black ankle boots and tights.

3. GREAT looks! I too would recommend wearing flats to a Beyonce concert. I went to her show at the Revel last year and we were on our feet the entite time. She puts on a great show!

4. bella says:

@A Diva State of Mind agreed. I was all in the isles dancing at Revel getting my life lmao

Great daily looks as well….thks
    #itsok2bdressedfornoreason#

6. jrDesignerLover says:

Really like the jumpsuit and leather skirt option. Too bad that jumpsuit is to short for my legs.

7. yusufswifee says:

I love the first look with over the knee boots but to the rhianna concert…didnt get beyonce ticket:-(

8. Jihan says:

make sure you bring a box of tissues for the couture tears you are sure to shed in the presence of the most high preistess of the Bayou, Our Lady Yince.

9. binks says:

Nice outfits

10. ceci says:

@fashionbombdaily where can the rings in look one be found?

11. Freida says:

@cliche: Where is the jewellery from please, especially pic 1

12. VaniDee6 says:

I love @Jihan…great options!!

13. Caribbelle says:

I can not wait! Too bad that last romper is unavailable though!

14. I need more pizazz for the Saturday night Vegas show!!

15. stephanie says:

I am going to her concert in dec so none of these looks are gonna work for me. But, I still love the outfits never the less.

16. Veronica says:

Hi, can you do more outfits to what to wear to the Mrs.Carter World tour.

17. Keturah says:

I will be attending her concert in December so could you do some looks appropriate for the cool weather?