March 8th, 2013
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm
By Faith

Mariah Carey posed for the camera, giving us a look at her American Idol getup before the show on Twitter. For the occasion, she skewed sultry in a Tom Ford dress from the brand’s Spring 2013 collection:

mariah-carey-twitter-tom-ford-spring-2013-dress-and-platform-sandals-2

She also snapped a pic of her $960 Tom Ford Platform Sandals on Instagram. I’ll take these in a size 8.5 please!
mariah-carey-twitter-tom-ford-spring-2013-dress-and-platform-sandals-1

Check out Mimi’s gown from the Spring 2013 collection.

Tom-Ford-Spring-2013-5

Her sandals are the latest in coveted Tom Ford footwear, featuring knotted cage detailing, contrast platforms, and 4 1/2″ patent leather heels. Mariah’s black and white colorway isn’t available, but the pink versions are up for grabs.

Serve Mimi! This look is totally glam.

What do you think? Hot! or Hmm…?

mariah-carey-twitter-tom-ford-spring-2013-dress-and-platform-sandals-2

*After the show, Mariah took to the FOX American Idol Finalists Party in a curve-hugging lace LBD. Which look do you prefer?
mariah-carey-fox-american-diol-finalists-party-the-grove-los-angeles

25 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm… Mariah Carey’s Twitter American Idol Tom Ford Spring 2013 Gown and Platform Sandals”

1. Empress says:

Neither. I’m not a fan of her style. These dresses would look better on someone else.

2. Honey brown says:

I love me some Mariah but she gets it all wrong all the time . Why must we look like we’re on the set of glitter every time we step out WHY!?

3. Choco aka Hipppie says:

Her sense of style has been lost on me lately she reminds me of an 80′s has been !

4. Dom says:

Hot? Hmm? —–>Meh.

5. edot says:

She looks very Tamar-ish on the first picture

6. I love MiMi but she never seems to dress for her body OR the occasion!

7. Kitty B. says:

@Choco…you read my mind exactly!!! Time for Mimi to dress more age appropiate!

WHOA!! the first thing i noticed was her large size foot .. she always over dress… its american idol for crying out loud not the opera

9. Choco aka Hipppie says:

@Kitty
    Im honestly trying to figure out when she forgot what decade it is she’s been doing this before her marriage

10. I say hmmm not hot, it does absolutely nothing for her beautiful figure!

11. Mariah needs to update her style period. Having the latest shoes and handbags don’t make you stylish. She dresses like an older aunt who swears she’s doing it just because she has on a pair of heels. No.

12. savage says:

Damn..Mariah has to do better in representing for us big girls (by that I mean tall) she always looks weird and doesn’t dress for her size which is obviously like a 6-8

13. DannielleS says:

Those shoes are too small for her! They are too exact on her foot

14. Genie says:

Blank stare (thoughtfully rubbing chin). Really Mimi?!

15. DivaFabulosa says:

The shoes are cute, that is all.

16. Feather says:

Mariah always looks AWKWARD!

17. Jei says:

I guess I’m the only one who thought she looks okay. She doesn’t look bad at all imo.

18. ddsweet says:

Umm who voted hott. She looked a mess last night on american idol, she looked over dressed and over exposed. Ridiculous.

19. I honestly thought that was wendy William

20. Titi says:

I blame American idol, they spoiled me with j. Lo.

21. mamareese says:

Well…I think this is done to get Nicki to class it up a bit. I think this dress would have been cute with a more edgier shoe.

22. RHONYC says:

at this point 1 or 2 things are gonna happen. she’s gonna commission a designer (i.e. Donna Karan or Victoria Beckham) to create a wardrobe to that is tailored to her Jessica Rabbit figure but also looks modern and sleek…OR…she’s gonna ride out this “i feel like a 12 year old still” thing until the wheels fall off and keep us in a constant state of ‘HMM’.

look, at least she’s not rocking her usual Joyce Leslie pole platforms.

little blessings, right? ;-)

23. imam says:

She dressed better recently. But I love the way she dressed on 2008 (like on idol performance). She looked so nice in Rolland Mouret on Thursday. She’s a great singer with the best vocal range after all not a barbitch, haha.

24. KayShay says:

She looks horrible….period….dot dot dot!!

25. Michael says:

You people on here are so negative, probably all youngin who don’t know that Mariah is a TRUE diva in every sense of the word. She has been looking fantastic on American Idol! She is the one true diva left on this Earth, and she is representing!