March 1st, 2013
Andre Leon Talley, Beyonce, Fashion, Fashion News, Kanye West
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

•  Lamenting the loss of DW by Kanye West? Weep not:  the ladies at Fashionista hear from a ‘reliable source’ that the designer may soon revive his high-end clothing line. Word on the street is that Yeezy’s been in Paris, interviewing designers to help him craft a new women’s collection. And, the rapper’s been telling potential employees that he wants the aesthetic of his label to emanate “sexy Margiela.” So, what do you think? Are you looking forward to Kanye’s possible return to high fashion? (Fashionista)

Andre+Leon+Talley+Valentino+45th+Anniversary+m6SQJTxbA6ul

André Leon Talley sat down with WWD to talk about his new gig with Numéro Russia, and confessed that part of the reason he took the job is that the publication offered to pay him a cute coin: “I took the job because I love Russia and the salary was something fabulous,” he admitted “Money isn’t everything, but it is when you start thinking about putting money away for your retirement days…Anna was very sympathetic and understood and she decided we remain on good terms and that I do the digital and the online. And I’m very happy to do it.” Mr. Talley ain’t no fool! (WWD)

Beyonce-Isabel-Marant-King-Bey-Sneakers

Beyoncé has once again incurred the wrath of PETA. The singer collaborated with sneaker brand PMK on a decidedly lavish pair of “King Bey” wedge sneakers made from a menagerie of animal hides. The ivory and gold kicks are crafted from ostrich, stingray, calf, anaconda, and crocodile skin. Of course, PETA had to show their disapproval, (because it’s worked so many times in the past,) wagging their collective fingers at the diva. “These custom-made kicks come with a high price and it’s paid by the various animals who were beaten and skinned alive or cruelly farmed and killed,” they said in a statement. “Although most people aren’t as familiar with the types of animals (snakes, stingrays, crocodiles, and ostriches) killed for this single pair of sneakers as they are with the cats and dogs we share our homes with, these animals are highly sensitive living beings who try hard to avoid capture and suffer enormously when trapped, netted, speared, and skinned alive.” (Daily Mail)

LFW+Rihanna+For+River+Island+mNmBgRB264Xl

• Well, it looks like some buyers were actually feeling Rihanna’s collection for River Island. Opening Ceremony will stock the singer’s collection in stores and online and will fête the launch on Tuesday with an in-store RIHtrospective featuring seven of her most iconic outfits, so that the life-deprived kids can reminisce back to a time when they actually liked Rihanna’s outfits. Riri’s clothing line will be available at Opening Ceremony stores and online. Check out the RIHtrospective at OC’s 35 Howard Street flagship store. Any plans to purchase any of Rih’s wares? (WWD)

DANA-LORENZ-PUKKA

Dana Lorenz of Fenton, Fallon fame is stepping into the fine jewelry market, releasing a limited edition capsule collection with pukka.com. The five-piece range is reflective of the designer’s edgy aesthetic, uplifted by precious metals (like 18-karat gold and sterling silver), and stones (like diamonds, dahling). Prices start at $1,200 and peak at $7,500. If you’ve got the extra dollars, you can shop the collection now until the end of August. (WWD)

Rihanna’s Custom Givenchy T-Shirt by Riccardo Tisci
• Rihanna took to Instagram to post a pic of a custom made Givenchy by Riccard Tisci tee, featuring her visage. Not sure if this will go on sale for the masses. If it does, will you pick one up? (BadGalRiri)

~Jihan

13 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Kanye West May be Relaunching Women’s Line, PETA Rails Against Beyoncé for ‘King Bey’ Sneakers, and Opening Ceremony Will Carry Rihanna’s River Island Collection”

1. Mr. West, please have a seat.

2. Kitty B. says:

As much as I love Riri and Yeezy, they are just prime examples why these MUSICIANS should leave clothes to the professionals!

Peta was actually a little slow on this…I was expecting a press release within hours after Bey’s sneakers were revealed.

3. My Response says:

@ Kitty B. i agree with you.

These musicians just want to make a quick buck. Rihanna has been doing everything. A jack of all trades, master of none.

4. Crystal says:

I usually tell PETA to have several seats but I’m with them on this one.
    I’m a fan of musicians just singing and going home but we live in a different time now. They are trying to bank on their celebrity status as much as they can and become a brand. There are athletes, singers, models, designers, etc…not sure why everybody is trying to cross over and be EVERYTHING! It’s not working for me.

5. bree says:

I agree rihanna is trying to do everything atm……. wont be buying her clothing either

6. Robin says:

PETA be doing the most.

Good day PETA..
    I dont know about kanye but i get rihannas line. The looks are taliored for ppl who like her style. Id buy that shirt and pieces if I had the coins…and yes im a stan #sueme

8. Caribbelle says:

“sexy Margiela.” Stop it. How do you, as a designer (with no previous portfolio – that I know of) that gets to show at PFW try to emanate another designer’s aesthetic and think its okay? That’s…lazy. I get why the fashion industry thinks that he’s pretentious. Now there’s one thing to be inspired but, Margiela is Margiela. All this is pretty funny since he was ranting about brands and lack of creativity at his last concert in Amsterdam. Pot meet kettle.

I love Rihanna but I don’t see it for that line at all, but people will buy it because it has her stamp on it and she wears it.

9. Jei says:

Can A$AP Rocky pleeaassee do a PSA about using your stardom to “bully your way into the fashion industry” & why you should stay in your lane! These celebs crack me up with these “clothing lines”. Kanye speaks so highly of originality & creativity yet you want to emanate another designer? & half of these stans for Rih wouldn’t take a second look at those clothes if they didn’t have her name attached to it. I’m sorry, you will not pull the wool over my eyes. I will not be supporting any just thrown together celeb “clothing line”.

10. Debbie says:

I agree with talley … I kinda like riri line I’m not going to buy it because it has her name on …I wasn’t expecting anything…that’s her style for the moment tomboy flare …it’s no different to asos ad Cassie did …that what’s trending now ….but I won’t buy a shirt with a face on it by givenchy ..too pricey.. No purpose

11. Why does that shirt remind me of rhi rhi beaten face pic?? (Covers eyes)

12. Coco says:

PETA better have several seats & if they care so much come take in all the rats I saw running amok in the states. If you arent into the furs and animl skin wares don’t buy em but I might as well tell ya ima eat em & I will turn around & wear em for the rest of my life…*flings chicken bone roughly to my plate and picks up calf skin bag I’ve had for yearsssss*