February 26th, 2013
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm, Solange Knowles
By Faith

After a weekend of partying in LA, Solange Knowles is back in the Big Apple. She was spotted outside of Webster Hall in a $1,215 Michelle Mason Leather Sleeve Coat, $550 Opening Ceremony Bradley Faille Jacket, and matching $450 Bradley Faille Pants:

solange-knowles-new-york-city-michelle-mason-leather-sleeve-coat-opening-ceremony-bradley-faille-jacket-and-pants

Her coat takes on two of the season’s most popular trends: leather sleeves and colorblocking.

Her collarless jacket features a striped front and contrast black trim.
opening-ceremony-bradley-faille-jacket

Her matching pants boast the same striped front, solid black back, and a high-waist silhouette.
opening-ceremony-bradley-faille-pants

I’m loving this Opening Ceremony suit! Solo’s coat is also great for the season, though I’m not sure it works on every body type: Ms. Knowles is quite tall and model-like you know.

What do you think? Hot! or Hmm…?

***Clearly, the Knowles have every intention of running the world in 2013! Solange Knowles was spotted outside The Late Show with David Letterman the night before in a pair of her favorite $390 Miu Miu Noir Catwalk Sunglasses, a $1,250 Proenza Schouler Twill Coat, leather pencil skirt, and $512 Sergio Rossi Pumps:

solange-knowles-the-late-show-with-david-letterman-miu-miu-noir-catwalk-sunglasses-proenza-schouler-twill-coat-2

Get into her hair and red lips!

Her gold glitter sunglasses feature a retro-inspired pentagon shape.

Her twill coat boasts notched lapels, diagonal raised seams, and front welt and patch pockets.

Last, but not least are her pumps which feature a pointed-toe silhouette and functional 3.9″ heels.

Get Solange’s look for less here:

Solange has been spotted in these sunglasses quite a few times and I don’t blame her! They’re super cute.

solange-knowles-beyonce-visit-outfit

Solange Mother's Day Azzedina Alaia Studded Suede Flat Sandals Yellow Jumpsuit

Such a cute look! I love that Solange is already dressing for Spring.

What do you think? Would you wear it?

solange-knowles-the-late-show-with-david-letterman-miu-miu-noir-catwalk-sunglasses-proenza-schouler-twill-coat-1

37 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm… Solange Knowles’s Webster Hall Michelle Mason Leather Sleeve Coat, Opening Ceremony Bradley Faille Jacket, and Pants”

1. Claire says:

Love this!

2. M.K says:

Something is just off…those colors are too harsh, too much contrast.

3. Kitty B. says:

Love the coat! I’m not digging the hair tho…

4. Kisha says:

Hmmm, I’ve not been feeling her choices lately. And that hair is a no!

5. Rebecca says:

Saw her perform last night, she looked amazing in person in that blue suit… The coat clashes but on its own it looks great

6. Roxie says:

I love it!

slayed….sans the wig though

8. FashAnon says:

I love both looks!

HEY CHECK OUT THIS COOL NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR BLACK WOMEN CALLED (DAILY BLACK BEAUTY EXCLUSIVES)

Where are all my beautiful Black Queens at??? There is a wonderful page on facebook that is dedicated strictly to the African American Woman, in regards to our Beauty, Fashion, Health, Hair, Accessories and etc! We will show you all of the Hot & Hip Products that Black Women should be rocking and also showing you some products on the market that are New and going to make our Lives easier and a more beautiful place to exist! CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK…..DAILY BLACK BEAUTY EXCLUSIVES!

10. Empress says:

She slayed! I loveee it!

11. Anon says:

She’s starting to do the most. I like the yellow/orange but that hair is horrendous.

12. Quennie says:

Hmm not loving the first look the contrast doesn’t work, the second look was ok love the sunglasses though. I think 2012 was her year in the style department so far I think she has lost her spark

13. I love everything but the hair in the first look. The second look is fab.

14. Tee says:

love her look and her performance was EVERYTHING!!!

15. goldiloxx says:

Oh that coat is to die for. And that second look in the orange and yellow … perfect. Love her.

16. Keanna says:

saw her perform last night as well. the outfit looked great in person. and she whipped that hair back and forth throughout the night so it def worked for stage. i love most of her choices. just hoping she doesn’t stay married to the yellow and bright colors. would like to see something different from her.

17. mi manning says:

like the coat and suit, just not together.

18. A.Buttafly says:

Love it!!! Whats wrong with her hair????

19. She has brilliant style one of my style icons!!! Love every outfit and her hair is killer!!!

20. afro girl says:

I loooove this look

21. Carmen says:

I love Solange’s style!

22. SweetCoco says:

Sometimes you don’t realise how sunglasses can really pull an outfit together. I need to invest this summer, loving it with the coat and dress.

23. Jei says:

Love the ensemble!

24. Madpet says:

Love it!!! I love it all!!

25. jumelle12 says:

Can I marry her please??? I love her! She can do no wrong!!!

26. BlueIvy they love me in the street you mad? says:

please tell me where can i get a coat like this for a cheaper price!!!

27. stylengrace says:

I’m not sure whether or not i’m in love w/ her or her style…She’s something different and I love different!!!

28. Beans says:

I really like both looks. She’s so fresh. Funny thing is I would never attempt to pair patterns like she does but I love when she does it. I can’t see it on me but I love it on her. Go Solo!

29. TheAntifash says:

E V E R Y T H I N G.
    Solo does no wrong in my book, and I love her hair!

I MUST put a purchase on some miu miu glitter sunnies for Spring.

30. I am KLM says:

agree with TheAntifash….love both looks on her and the hair!

31. roka says:

The first look is awful, the pants would have worked with a different top and a different jacket.

Love the yellow with the orange just fabulous!!!!

I love her style but I am so over that hair… I would loveto see her in a funky up do.

33. DIVA says:

I just want 30 mins to raid her closet… ok make that an hour…. she is freakin awesome !

34. Tifani says:

The coat and the suit are cute… just not together!

So many of you are sooooo conservative! Solange is creative and fun in her dressing and I think the two colors look great together! As far as her hair goes, I love natural hair in African American women and it is fabulous that she has the confidence to put forth her natural beauty! Solange often has a retro style, hence the hair. It seems like so many just don’t understand.

36. Marina says:

So many of you are sooooo conservative! The two colors together look great, as this is the style that Solange is known for. As far as her hair goes, I think African American women look best with natural hair. It seems like many of you just don’t understand. Why do we need another Beyonce or someone that looks like everyone else?