February 25th, 2013
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm, Kerry Washington
Weekend Hot! or Hmm…: The 85th Annual Academy Awards, Jay-Z, Monica, and More!
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

It’s a new week Bombers and Bombshells! As we go back to slave at our respective places of business, let’s bask in the glamour from this weekend. On the schedule were the Oscars (and several Oscars pre-parties), and other assorted high wattage events for our celebrity friends to enjoy.

Weekend Hot or Hmm- 022513

Let’s take a look!

kerry-washington-oscars-2013

When has Kerry Washington ever gotten it wrong on the red carpet? She looked simply fab in this embellished coral Miu Miu dress. Hot!

kelly-rowland-oscars-2013-donna-karan

Kelly Rowland gave a generous helping of toned gam in this Donna Karan Atelier gown. Yes! I love Kelly and this dress, but the hair is looking like a Cinnabon left a little too long in the oven. But I forgive her!

jennifer-lawrence-oscars-2013-dior

As expected, miss Jennifer Lawrence stunned in Dior Haute Couture.

85th Annual Academy Awards - Arrivals

Quvenzhané Wallis was positively adorable in her Armani gown– and that puppy purse? My ovaries are in no condition to handle such cuteness.

jennifer-hudson-oscars-2013

Jennifer Hudson went for all-out glam in this in shimmery Robetro Cavalli Couture frock. Love!

naomie-harris-oscars-2013

If ever there is a famine of elegance, let Naomie Harris feed the malnourished youths. The Skyfall actress came hard once again, absolutely killin’ it in this golden gown designed by Ghanian-born Michael Badger. Badger is a student at the Savannah College of Art and Design, and created the dress as part of Suzy Amis Cameron’s Red Carpet Green Dress Challenge.

85th Annual Academy Awards - ArrivalsOkay, how amazing does Fan Bingbing‘s skin look in this Marchesa gown?

zoe-saldana-oscars-2013

Zoe Saldana‘s Alexis Mabille gown had one too many embellishments up top. Belt, bow, bedazzled flowers? How much can one tailored bodice take?

85th Annual Academy Awards - Arrivals

Note to Charlize Theron: never ever grow your hair out again! The Snow White and the Huntsman actress looked fearsomely beautiful in Dior Couture and that fab pixie cut!

85th Annual Academy Awards - Arrivals

Adele represented for the Brits in a bead-embellished Jenny Packham gown.

85th Annual Academy Awards - Arrivals

Halle Berry looked better than any of us could in custom Versace.

85th Annual Academy Awards - Arrivals

Queen Latifah chose this Badgley Mischka frock for the evening.

85th Annual Academy Awards - Arrivals

I’m kind of sad to see Salma Hayek‘s bodacious decolletage covered up, but she looks absolutely sickening in this Alexander McQueen column dress! No complaints here!

85th Annual Academy Awards - Arrivals

Helena Bonham Carter cooked up raggly scraggly couture for the girls. They could barely swallow a morsel.

zoe-kravitz-lisa-bonet-pre-oscars-dinner

Zoe Kravitz and mum Lisa Bonet attended the Chanel Pre-Oscar dinner this weekend. I’m not keen on either of these looks.
janet jackson roberto cavalli fall 2013

Over in Milan, Janet Jackson served up Poetic Justice realness front row at the Roberto Cavalli show.
jay-z-dusse-after-party

Jay-Z threw an afterpary for his beloved D’Ussé congac. Here he is in a $275 black Pyrex Vision “The Entombment of Christ” Graphic Religion hoodie and link chain I want.

ludacris-monica-dusse-party

Ludacris offered himself as the (literal) yardstick for questionable sartorial choices in this tape measure jogging top. Monica looks as uncomfortable as I am with this look.

And there you have it! Which ‘fits were your favorite?
~Jihan

53 Responses to “Weekend Hot! or Hmm…: The 85th Annual Academy Awards, Jay-Z, Monica, and More!”

1. shay says:

Naomie Harris, Halle Berry and Kerri Washington, Kelly, Fan Bingbing amd Charlize are my favourites, they look flawless!!

2. Likkke Miss says:

I’m sorry, Kerry’s hair was so boring as was the dress. I really feel like ppl overlook everything cause they like her. She needs to step it up. Salma…. no. Kelly’s hair made me sad and J.Hud looks terrible.

Are we looking at the same ppl? I liked almost no one except Charlize and Naomi and I hate that cause I don’t like leaving such negative comments :/

3. Mizz A says:

Quvenzhané Wallis!!

Finally a kid that looks like a kid in a princess gown, flat ballerinas and puppy bag. She is a real cutie and seems to be a typical little girl!

4. DomDom says:

Right, Kerry’s look was not winning. That dress was BORING as was her hair and makeup. She did not serve it at all tbh.

Now Naomi Harris, Jennifer Lawrence, Charlize Therom and bing bing fan however you spell her name slayed!

5. Asha says:

Charlize Theron wins, hands down!!!!! A very close second is the do-no-wrong Halle Berry..smokin’! Kelly Rowland rounds out the fabness..HOT!

6. cottoncande says:

Kelly Ro, Naomi Harris, and Halle Berry. Breathtaking. Hollywood glam at its finest.

7. peplum lover says:

all are stunners but……
    but salma hayek, kerry, kelly, fan bing bing and naomi harris
    woooo ohh my
    they dresses to kill

8. Yashi says:

Salma Hayek for the WIN!!! YES

9. UGA25 says:

Kerry, Kelly, and Halle were my favorites!!!

10. curious says:

just wondering — why was kelly rowland in attendance (and so over-the-top imo)? was she in any movies and/or presenting? no shade, i just dont recall.

11. Jen says:

Hey aint that Rick Ross’s chain??

12. bella says:

Charlize Theron shut it down imo. Simple, elegant, and chic.

best dressed.

13. S says:

Kerry, Naomie, Jennifer L., Fan Bingbing, Charlize, Salma, Halle……LOVE them! Little miss Wallis….cute as a button, just like a little girl should look.

Zoe S….no, Kelly….jury still out, Helena….*queue Twilight Zone theme*, Lisa and Zoe…..no and no, Miss Janet…..go ‘head girl!

14. jeda says:

I have a girl crush on Jennifer Lawrence and Halle shut it down in that dress.
    Blessings

15. BlueIvy says:

Jay-Z is too old to be rocking some big ass chain.

16. Faith says:

Fan and Naomie. *drops mic*

17. mi manning says:

^ ^ yes…Halle won!

18. browngirl says:

Can we all be honest on how bias people are when it comes to Kerry Washington?

She can show up in a short Traci Braxton Wig and a trash bag and the world would rant and rave gorge she looks. Thankfully I’m not caught up by the “Scandal” hype…and really see nothing impressing about her and lately her outfit selections but hey…

I’m not to sure on how I feel about Janet with the braids, something about them look off “/ Charlize Theron’s hair cut! YASSSS her face was made for that pixie. I really wish Adele would give us something different… maybe form fitting? a different hair style? Jennifer Hudson looked flawless on the red carpet but during her LOUD and SCREAMING performance she looked as if she pulled every piece of jewelry out of her house and threw it on with an unflattering pink lipstick. Soooooo sad.

My faves Quvenzhané Wallis (such a beauty) and of course the muvah of them all … QUEEN Halle Berry and Lisa Bonet for honorable mention … yes the shoes are disappointing and the dress questionable but her FACE <3

19. smv says:

CHARLIZE xox!!!!
    lisa bonnet looks possessed sorry
    dissappointed in kelly’s entire look.
    Halle and Jennifer looked good too

20. Savage says:

Halle Berry…that dress on the stage?!?! too much for my life. And I was actually happy w the dress that J-hud wore. She looked good. And Kerry is looking more and more like a boy in a dress. Salma look fab and Charlize is repping for the African American women! lol

21. KBS says:

When Charlize got on the carpet, my jaw dropped. That cut is everything. And Halle is to red carpet what Naomi is to the runway!
    Kerry has hair issues and the dress, while nice, didn’t wow me.
    I also thought Jennifer’s dress was way too voluminous as evidenced by her trip to accept her award.

22. KBS says:

@curious, Kelly was on the payroll for ABC doing interviews.

23. Porscha says:

Charlize! #thatisall

24. Parker says:

Charlize tho?!

First of all LMAO @ “. . my ovaries are in no condition”!!!

Charlizes’ beauty is OTHER WORDLY!!!

Hallie killed it and I’m not feeling J Hud’s dress. Made her look like a shinny blue snake . . . and not in a good way.

26. Cheyenne says:

CHARLIZE!!! That face and stature is giving me life!!

27. bella says:

@browgirl exactly. i love scandal but Kerry has been very underwhelming at every show. let’s be honest..

28. Noirre says:

Quvenzhané!

29. cheriemacherie says:

kelly, halle and jhud.. fabolous

30. TVF says:

Well you guys have been saying Halle looks too boring lately. Howe’s this for switching it up? She looks amazing in that stripped dress! She, Charlize, and Salma = best dressed.

31. Charlize shut it down….Kelly would’ve had a chance sans the burnt cinnabon..lmao..i didnt love her dress but i do love the way it Fits…n Cavalli is so rockstar that jhud gets kudos just for wearing it…over halle tho

32. Derianne says:

Jennifer Lawrence’s gown was fab! Charlize was dreamlike I love her hair. I will say it again Kerry needs to go back to the drawing board and get a new stylist she is not winning! The baby Q, looked adorable. Ok now Kelly Ro, she has been pulling out all the stops lately on the gowns but looks like she stops thinking about it at her neckline…what about your hair chica? Same thing at the grammys..awesome dress bad hair…not good mama.

33. Westafricanmutt says:

Halle, Charlize, Kerry shut the store down! LIKE SHUT DOWN sorry, never to be opened again. Kelly… you’re too beautiful for this. Why does J. Hudson bore me so much?

34. Dom says:

Jihan, you really held back on us this week! Kerry looked weak, as did Halle, Kelly, and JHud. The only person really bringing it was Charlize. Naomi Harris looked gorgeous as well.

35. Bianca says:

Kerry Washington took the prize for me, she looked beautiful…

36. Danielle says:

Love salma hayek

37. Indigo says:

I’m #teamcheeks and #teamscandal but Kerry looks bad and so does Jhuds wig. I wish people had their own minds instead of always going with the crowd..

38. RHONYC says:

lmao @ ‘Poetic Justice realness’. :-D

39. Jay-Z is giving me ‘Reasonable Doubt’ realness in that pic.

40. SheSaid says:

It is unfair for Charlize to be that damn perfect! Ughhh, she looked amazing. Halle, she hardly misses. Kerry, no. And sorry, but Zoe Saldana did NOTHING for me either with all those embellishment. Salma is my girl crush and I’m completely horrified by this choice of hair and dress. She needed to do something softer with that hair to balance that serious neckline.

41. tica-pica says:

So Charlize wins all teh prizes! that woman’s beauty is unparalleled. Nevertheless, Helena BC will always have a place in my Edward Scissorhands/ Nightmare Before Christmas-loving heart!

42. K says:

I love Halle’s dress I just wish she would’ve worn her hair differently. Maybe something similar to Charlize. That style with that dress makes her look older. I wasn’t feeling Kelly or JHud’s hair either (Jennifer’s was ok it was just too much weave)

43. Jonita says:

Charlize looked stunning and Halle’s dress on stage, was beautiful.

44. Jei says:

Charlize Theron looked stunning! Yes child, never grow that hair back! Halle was absolutley gorgeous as always & Naomi looked amazing.

45. curious says:

@KBS thanks! (I figured it out once making my blog rounds lol)

46. Vuitton says:

Hey all!

A ton of my Twitter friends HATED Kerry’s Miu Miu dress (i.e. “serving Quinceanera realness” was a comment), but it worked for me. The fit was awesome, and I appreciated the embellishments about the bust. It may have worked better without the belt, but I still think she looked hot.

Kelly Rowland – like everyone else said, perfect dress, SO wrong hair. Because the dress is so structural, maybe a slick ponytail should’ve been her choice to let the dress shine.

J. Hud looked good, but wrong event for that dress. She would’ve SLAYED had it been the Grammys, in my opinion.

Jennifer Lawrence looked awesome, despite the volume at the bottom.

Naomi Harris looked amazing in a dress by an SCAD student. Excited to see what Michael Badger has in store in the future.

Fan BingBing is ALWAYS beat to high heaven. NEVER disappoints.

Zoe Saldana…I had a love/hate relationship with her Alexis Mabille. Like Faith said, too many things to pay attention to. A bit distracting. Wasn’t here for the Rainbows belt.

Charlize Theron…best dressed. Any questions?

Adele looked nice, but it didn’t slay like her performance last night.

Halle Berry looked amazing in her dress, but wrong event, IMO. BET Awards, perhaps?

Quvenzhané Wallis looks really cute and age appropriate. Slayed half the attendees 4 times her age.

Queen Latifah…neither here nor there.

Salma Hayek is still serving mountain side curves for all your nerves, despite her being covered. I liked a lot. But maybe a tousled high ponytail would’ve worked for me.

Helena Bonham Trainwreck ALWAYS looks like the characters she plays. n=0 to her perpetual Tim Burtonness.

Not here for anyone else.

Honorable Mention:
    -Jessica Chastain in Armani Prive’ looked amazing!

47. Jaz says:

Kerry wash: hair is boring. I think she should have went curly . Naomie was cute , but I wish she would have done a nice lip color. Queen: I liked the blush pink or the other white option more. BingBing: I like! Lil Bit : Totally age appropriate, I like. The dress looks like a good twirling dress :)

48. Brittany says:

Zoe and Lisa -_-
    Charlize is so fab. My fav

49. binks says:

I agree with those who say Kerry needs to step it up; home girl is way too popular and should be hitting it out of the park fashion wise. Kelly hair ruins the look to me and I didn’t like J-hud’s shoe choice. But Charlize is just breathtaking and always been a fan of hers, mama Halle continues to kill it and Naomi is making a splash she is definitely one to watch! Do Janet ages, she looks great with her braids, and Quvenzhané looked adorable.