February 25th, 2013
Awards, Celebrity Style, Kerry Washington, On the Scene, Solange Knowles
On the Scene: The 2013 Vanity Fair Oscar After Party

After the show is of course the after party! A slew of gorgeous guests showed up to Vanity Fair’s annual Oscar shindig, hosted by Graydon Carter.
On the Scene-022513- The 2013 Vanity Fair Oscar After Party
Take a look at who shined brightest.
solange knowles vanity fair oscar after party
Solange sure has a thing for yellow, doesn’t she? The songstress and DJ glowed in an Emilio Pucci yellow beaded gown with a mesh halterneck from the Spring/Summer 2013 collection. Gorgeous! Love that bold red lip!
Rashida+Jones+2013+Vanity+Fair+Oscar+Party+3Fjd5METCpkl
Rashida Jones also sparkled in a black sequined Vivienne Westwood dress, emerald jewelry, and Rupert Sanderson shoes.
chrissy teigen john legend vanity fair oscars party 2013
My favorite twitteratti, Chrissy Teigen, looked like a golden goddess next to John Legend. Meow!
vanessa hudgens 2013 vanity fair oscar after party
Metallic tones were also on the menu for Vanessa Hudgens, who wore a cowl necked beaut.
_zoe-saldana-2013-vanity-fa
Zoe Saldana switched into a Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci gown for the end of the night.
irina shayk vanity fair oscar party 2013
Deep decolletage was on the menu for Irina Shayk, who stunned in a Stéphane Rolland white gown. Solange Knowles wore a more covered up version to the 6th annual DKMS gala. Which gown do you prefer?
alessandra ambrosio vanity fair 2013 after party
Alessandra Ambrosio also chose white with sheer overlay in Zuhair Murad. What do you think?
US-ENTERTAINMENT-FILM-OSCARS
Selena Gomez skewed soft and feminine in an Atelier Versace dress, Jimmy Choo heels, Lorraine Schwartz jewels, and a Judith Leiber clutch.

kerry washington Miu Miu dress vanity fair oscar party 2013
Kerry Washington kept on her Miu Miu gown for the VF festivities.
jennifer hudson vanity fair oscar party 2013
As did Jennifer Hudson, who continued her scintillating streak in Roberto Cavalli.
halle berry vanity fair 2013 party
And Halle Berry in custom Versace. Hot!
That’s just a short selection.
Kerry Washington, Solange Knowles ,Vanessa Hudgens

Who do you think was best dressed?
Images: Getty

42 Responses to “On the Scene: The 2013 Vanity Fair Oscar After Party”

1. KBS says:

I’m not ashamed to say I thought these were wax figures at first.

Irina, Solange and of course Halle. Shout out to Zoe in her nightgown.

2. nike says:

Mrs. Berry–fabulous!!

3. Dobe says:

Lots of metallics/sparkles this year, eh? Most looked good.

4. bella says:

hmm for once i do not like what solange is wearing.

Kerry Washington has been boring me to tears on every award show. I expected a lot more.

5. makeeasweet says:

Everyone looks great.i love halle,but i wish she would change up her hair and makeup.I absolutely love Zuhair Murad gowns.

6. neesiepoo says:

I think everyone looks fab! Not one dress I hated..My fav has to be Halle. I would wear that dress in a heartbeat!

7. Yeah, I’m not loving Solo this time around. Not feeling most of these looks, but Kerry and Halle are perfect. Zoe rolled right out of bed and came to the event, huh?

8. Likkke Miss says:

I said enough about this housewife gets glam dress that Kerry is wearing in another post, but Halle is serving as is Chrissy. I love Solo’s make-up and hair.

9. tasha says:

Loved everyone’s looks. Solo looks amazing in yellow. Kerry look divine. Zoe dress looks like a fancy sleeping gown… shrugs

10. TVF says:

Everyone looks great. Not a big fan of Zoe and Alessandra’s dresses but they are beautiful nonetheless.

11. Tammy M. says:

Solo and that hair must go!

Chile, get a new natural wig or weave, the dress is awesome.

12. Derianne says:

Solo- is funky diva so I will not comment on her dress
    Kerry is not doing it in this dress..ughh so drab hair make up everything is wrong..
    Zoe what happened?? she was a vision in her first dress she should have kept it on.
    Halle is everything to me..love her to death that dress is stellar
    Ms Rashida looks old in that dress and it is ill fitting

13. Derianne says:

oh how could I forget Jennifah! Body is amazeballs but the dress was ehh ok…her hair was not Oscar worthy at all. That’s for the grammy’s not the Oscars.

14. Whatevs says:

So you thought it was great of chrissy teigen to applaud the onion for calling a 9 yr old a c***…she’s trash…

15. Westafricanmutt says:

Alessandra’s dress is UGLY! Lemme just say that. Solange my angel!!! Looks great. Halle just schooled all the ladies though…

16. tid bits says:

Umm… Solange, what happened here? The colour is gorgeous, but the shape of the top of the dress is awkward. That line that hits her across the chest is weird and the mesh panal makes her top half look very masculine up top.

Irina Shayk, has ruined a perfectly beautiful Rolland dress. I understand she really wanted to wear the dress, but that dress isn’t made for those breasts.

Selena and Kerry have really pulled it out the bag with their looks. Brava!

17. Gemini says:

Am I the only one who thinks Solo wins best dressed here? C’mon that bright yellow is to die for! The only thing that needs to change would have to be her hairstyle that’s about it.

18. Sandra says:

I hate Solange’s hair with this dress. Usually she nails it but this time around, I really don’t like the hair and the dress. Love the color though.

19. AMH says:

I love Soloange’s dress but with the hair and the red lip, she’s giving me Ronald McDonald’s chic wife. I probably would have never made that comparison if she has a pink or berry colored lip.

20. Leilue says:

They all rocked it!! Vanessa dress was pretty, Halle stole it and Solange almost made me cry; for she finally got it right with both the hair and make-up at the same time!!!

21. Melissa says:

for the record, @Whatevs, Chrissy tweeted “is it okay to call a small child cocky” several hours before the onion made their comments….and shortly after they did she tweeted @ them saying “you are fuc*** now”. I’m not sure where you are from, but to me that sounds like her acknowledging that what they did was wrong and would cause backlash…

she looked gorgeous & is smart, funny, and incredibly good looking. I guess that’s why somebody is always hating on her.

22. Pinky says:

Halle looks amazing, jennifer hudson looks good amd i like that sheer, white and gold dress for sum reason too. but keri is a little boring in this 1 and zoe looks like shes rocking my aunts nighrt gown in that black givenchey or whatever

23. DannielleS says:

No Zoe!

Halle’s body is everything and her cleavage looks fabulous!

24. Anna says:

Solange is getting boring. Same old same.
    Halle is fantastic.
    Kerry is beautiful and classy (but getting way too skinny…)
    Zoe’s dress during the Oscar ceremony was better.

25. i think solange’s look seems to be getting pretty mixed reviews. I have to agree, it’s a bit boring and her make up looks washed out. Halle is a vision.

26. Whatevs says:

@melissa or Chrissy’s mom for several tweets she condoned the statement and basically said f*** u to anyone calling her on it…a moon face beard that highest accomplishment is her gay buddy putting her on is nothing I need to hate on nor anyone else for that matter…that moon pie needs to stop being such a try hard in being edgy, relevant and moderately intelligent…cause it ain’t happening…now good day…

HEY CHECK OUT THIS COOL NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR BLACK WOMEN CALLED (DAILY BLACK BEAUTY EXCLUSIVES)

Where are all my beautiful Black Queens at??? There is a wonderful page on facebook that is dedicated strictly to the African American Woman, in regards to our Beauty, Fashion, Health, Hair, Accessories and etc! We will show you all of the Hot & Hip Products that Black Women should be rocking and also showing you some products on the market that are New and going to make our Lives easier and a more beautiful place to exist! CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK…..DAILY BLACK BEAUTY EXCLUSIVES!

28. S says:

I like the bold color of Solange’s dress. It plays up well next to her skin tone. Maybe if she had “tamed” the fro a bit, it would’ve given the dress a different feel. Everyone else looked very nice, with the exception of Zoe’s dress. I liked the top of it….not crazy about the bottom half.

29. love says:

it always appears that selena is playing dress up. her frame is so petite and her face is so young that when she wears some of her looks she chooses it looks like she borrowed her older friends clothes idk :( shes cute as a button though

30. love says:

I think I am the only one not wowed by Halle Berry’s dress *shoulder shrug*

31. Jei says:

Everyone looks great but Halle for the win.

32. Liz says:

that wet mop on Solo’s head is not the business…

33. Solange always seem so awkward and not confident

34. M.K says:

Did y’all say everyone looks great? Irina looked like she been injecting herself overnight and arrived in her robe. Please.

Halle berry’s dress weighs down on her..so much for custom-made

something is off about chrissy’s face

zoe’s dress..absolutely no comment.

jennifer looks great in the dress…but that hair still haunts me at night

selena looks as cute as ever

Kerry …. aint looking beyond her face. pretty woman

solange… always in her own slaying league

don’t care for the rest

35. MelyB says:

My faves: Halle & JHud (despite the tragic wig…again le sigh)

And I’m co-signing @whatevs comments about that pressed flat pan faced Thai chick. Children should be off limits for her commentary but like typical cyber bullies, she goes after who she considers “weak” and wouldn’t dare go after the elite entertainers who could possibly slow or kill her& her bf’s careers. She is not nearly as cute or witty as she imagines herself to be.

36. Halle Berry’s dress was so unique and memorable… like a piece of art. I loved it’s structural details and embellishment.

Christina-Lauren
    Inspirations & Celebrations

37. A says:

I think Alexandra looks stunning, she looks like a goddess in that dress.
    Solange looks amazing from head to toe.
    & Halle’s dress is bomb.

38. Monica says:

Alessandra is perfection and Solange has been looking off alright we get it you love yellow but this look isn’t It.

39. Halle’s dress was gorgeous! I also think Solange’s dress and hair is superb!!!

40. Ronnie says:

Solange every time!!

41. Dizzle says:

Zoes dress is just wrong…just wrong.
    I love Solange dress. She looks bomb