February 23rd, 2013
Celebrity Style, Kerry Washington, On the Scene
On the Scene: The 2013 Independent Spirit Awards
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Hollywood may be preparing for tomorrow’s Academy Awards, but that didn’t stop the stars from coming out in full force for the 2013 Independent Spirit Awards.

_-The-2013-Independent-Spir

Let’s get into their looks!

Kerry-Washington-2013-Independent-Spirit-Awards-Giambattista-Valli-couture-dress-christian-louboutin-pumps

Kerry Washington opted for a floral Giambattista Valli Couture dress with matching $2,695 Christian Louboutin Sissi pumps, and a Bottega Veneta clutch. I’d typically be opposed to the matching shoes, but it works in this case.

Camila-Alves-Matthew-2013-Independent-Spirit-Awards

It was date night for  Matthew McConaughey and Camila Alves, who was simply stunning in a pink Escada gown. Her styling was immaculate!

Zoe-Saldana-2013-Independent-Spirit-AwardsZoe Saldana bet on Dolce & Gabbana  Spring 2013 stripes and completed her look with white Casadei pumps. Those things are catching on, aren’t they?

Salma-Hayek-2013-Indpendent-Spirit-Awards

Unfortunately, Salma Hayek missed the mark in her Alexander McQueen Fall 2013 white knitted frock and skull pumps. But get into that itty bitty waist, children!

Common-2013-Independent-Spirit-Awards

Common was perfectly perfect.

Rashida-Jones-2013-Independent-Spirit-Awards

Rashida Jones was a delight in her printed Stella McCartney Pre-Fall 2013 ensemble and Nicholas Kirkwood peep toe pumps. I’m loving her choice of bold lip.

2013-Indepdent-Spirit-Awards

Cutie Quvenzhané Wallis was in the building in her blush colored Stella McCartney dress and doggy bag.

Jennifer-Lawrence-2013-Independent-Spirit-Awards

Jennifer Lawrence won me over in her Lanvin getup and Giuseppe Zanotti sandals. This look was youthful (something I feel she’s been lacking this season), and very appropriate for her.

Chris-Tucker-Independet-Spirit-Awards-2013

I loved Chris Tucker in Silver Linings Playbook; I wish I could say the same for this look.

Nina-Dobrev-2013-Independent-Spirit-AwardsNina Dobrev went in a sparkly Michael Kors number and strappy Jimmy Choo sandals. No complaints here.

Bradley-Cooper-Independent-Spirit-Awards-2013

I’ll be willing to ignore Bradley Cooper’s dusty boots if he promises to read me a bedtime story in French. All will be forgiven. But until then… Hmm…

Who was your favorite look of the night?

~Cliché

Images: Zimbio

34 Responses to “On the Scene: The 2013 Independent Spirit Awards”

1. goldiloxx says:

Common

Camilla and Jennife…Gorrge!!! Bradely Cooper..wah happened??? He usually looks sharp but he looks so sloppy here..the hair…smh

3. rudy says:

COMMON!!!

4. What is up with Kerry and this Mod look she’s been doing?

5. lmonroedivine says:

Zoe!

6. jasmine says:

im here for stella (mccartney), darling.

Quvenzhane is always dressed age appropiate but at the same time I think, “wonder if that comes in my size…” She is just adorable.

8. Larry says:

DEAR LORD, COMMON. Whoooooo.

Kerry looks cute. I love the mixed prints. Zoe looks okay, not her best.

Camila and Matthew both look great. I just can’t wait for him to gain back all of that weight he lost for that movie!

Jennifer Lawrence was by far my favorite look! Camila was a beauty as well.

10. Bella says:

Now every time I see Zoe, I see that picture of her in blackface with a a so-called afro wig believing she’s doing Nina Simone justice and then I get annoyed. It’s not right. Why aren’t more people standing up for this? Fashionbomb staff what are your views on it?

11. Tammy M says:

@Bella, doubt your gonna hear their views because this is a FASHION BLOG, not the Huffington Post.

12. Kerry Washington is a dream in this floral number. Camila, Jennifer and Nina look great too. Rashida also looks good for once. Uncomfortable, but good.

13. Bella says:

@Tammy, yes this is a fashion blog (great point…you’re very observant) however in the response/comments section people are entitled to voice their thoughts and opinions (however you deem irrelevant or insignificant) which people do ALL THE TIME. That was mine when I saw Zoe. Yours was voicing your opinion regarding my post (arguably equally as irrelevant BUT a right that you have). I was asking a question which I have the right to do. Of course the staff also has the right NOT to respond…and it’s you’re not your (pet-peeve of mine). God day to you.

14. Bella says:

*Good. Love Kerry Washington in Scandal!

15. ALle says:

Ok Nina Dobrev looking flawless love her.. Common look dashing in his suit. Bradley cooper look like a drunk coming from a bar the night before and for got to change his clothes but because he was late to the event he decided to throw on some old boots and head out. disappointed because he looks good a suit always expect for now . the dress the zoe has on is unflattering on her body . Kerry wigs looks great put its too predictable .

16. DannielleS says:

Everyone looks pretty decent

17. Ms. Toni says:

Camila Alves looks so beautiful, especially after just giving birth to another movie.

18. Every one looks nice and put together

19. Genie says:

Kerry & baby girl Q looked wonderful, as did Common & Camila. I usually like Zoe, but to me this is a “career look” or at the very least “meeting the girls for lunch”, not on the red carpet.

20. SLIMB says:

Kerry looks great as usual, Nina looks cute.
    Chris Tucker and Common are quite handsome.

21. Debbie says:

Kerry Zoe,and Minas cute….Jennifer too

22. tasha says:

Jennifer Lawrence is smoking!! She looks fab. I wish Kerry and Zoe wore different shoes. Camille looks great in the Escada. Common does no wrong.

23. I just watched it twice today and I loved what Kerry was wearing. I dig how folks were giving diff shades of the pantone color of the year. mint, emerald and other shades. Ok im loving it Zoe. I am a sucker for diag and vert stripes and i was iffy on putting them together. The dress itself looked like it swallowed it up a bit. A lil shorter and fitted maybe woulda been better.

24. Westafricanmutt says:

Zoe S and Kerry did that!

25. KBS says:

No. But J Lawerence looks grrreat.

26. t-fal says:

J-Law looks amazing

27. abeera says:

very nice and amazing collection

28. ghodges84 says:

Zoe looks ways to casual for any red/pink carpet event. And what’s up with the white pumps? A little too matronly for me. I just don’t understand her look at all. It looks so amateur to me. On the other hand, Ms. Kerry Washington takes my breath away. Her style, to me, has been so on point. She’s not afraid tone different and I totally respect that. Camilla is also breath taking. She’s giving me everything I need!

29. ghodges84 says:

*to be different

i know i may be the only one,but i like Salma Hayek outfit.Nina looks really cute and Bradley look a horrible hot mess.

31. Jen says:

I dont see the hotness that everyone sees in Bradley Cooper at all

32. Jen says:

Kerry Washington is my favorite look…love that “first lady” length she always wears

33. Jei says:

I am here for Common. Very well done.

34. Bronze says:

Zoe, Kerry and Jennifer’s black dress rocked it all the way!