February 20th, 2013
Celebrity Style, Shopping, Trend
Wardrobe Query: Leather Jogging Pants for Less

Wardrobe Query-0220- Leather Jogging Pants for Less
Several of you are interested in getting the super popular leather jogging pants look for less!
Stephanie wrote, “I have become increasingly interested in the “leather jogger” tailored pants look. But I know that it’s quite expensive. Do you know of any cheaper dupes/brands?”
lala anthony leather jogging pants Lala-NBA-All-Star-Game
Janet wrote, “I love Beyonce’s Instagram En Noir pants, but can’t afford that price tag!”
_Beyonce-Instagram-Leather-
Lauren added, “I know the likes of Rihanna and Beyonce etc have been wearing leather tracksuit bottoms for a while but they don’t seem to have filtered through into high street brands.”
01 - Kim Kardashian's Miami Jean-Claude Jitrois Slouch Pocket Leather Pants
“… Do you know of any affordable leather (or pleather-I’m not fussy) tracksuit bottom options? My legs seek their warmth, comfort and marvelousness! Thank you ever so much.”
RIhanna Houndstooth Salvatore Ferragamo Pumps
We actually tackled this query in this Mail Bombs post from early January, but we’ve gotten the question so much since, I decided to dedicate a full post to it!
If you want real leather, expect to splurge ( though, you can find a few options for less than $1,200):

For options less than $1,000, try smaller brands!
Damir Doma has these nappa and coated cotton fleece trousers for $667.
damir doma leather jogging pants
PRSVR, who we wrote about here, has these beauts for $440:
_06-psrvr-clothing
If you truly want to save, faux leather might be your best bet.
Armani Exchange has these faux leather joggers for $118:
armani exchange faux leather jogging pants track pants

And Urban Outfitters has these Sparkle & Fade Faux Leather Pull-On Pants for $59:

Sparkle & Fade Faux Leather Pull-On Pant
Those are about all I was able to uncover. If you’ve found any gems, let us know in the comments.
In the meantime, thoughts on leather jogging/track bottoms?
Would you wear ‘em?
Alicia-Keys-Ne-Yo-and-John-Legend1
*My friend just tipped me off to LeatherCult.com, a site that custom makes all grades of leather goods. The pair below can be made to your measurements, starting at $150.
_leather-cult-jogging-track
I’ve never tried it, but it could be interesting. See more here.

24 Responses to “Wardrobe Query: Leather Jogging Pants for Less”

1. I love these I think the look better on slimmer figures Kim Ks pair look dumpy

2. Scarlet says:

LOL ok so I take it there are NO affordable leather like joggings for less because Im not paying $300+ for pants. Welp! The spring will be here soon anyway…

3. Empress says:

Nice post! I don’t mind wearing faux leather. Lol. Thx Claire.

4. cari says:

Recently snagged a pair of Vince leather(lamb leather) relaxed pants for $500…great deal imo bc they used to cost 1,150.

5. Kim and Riri won that one… I didn’t like it on Alicia when I first watched her perform during the All star game… I don’t know it just doesn’t look like her

6. Fabi says:

Also check out http://www.Latoiamichelle.com. Her IG is @LATOIAMICHELLE for some affordable pairs!

7. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

Love the leather pants..I definitely need these in my wardrobe

8. Beth says:

I just picked up a pair of leather pants from Zara that do have the elastic waistband and tailored leg with ankle zippers. If you buy a size or two up they will give the appearance of “sag” but not frump and look uber chic. Also check Juicy couture for leather track pants.

9. Beans says:

I wish the UO pair were available in stores. I’m just not confident enough in the cut to buy them online. They look like the key ingredient in diaper booty. LOL. I love the PRSVR pair but I can’t fade it on a fad.

10. LawyerLady says:

These are not going to look good on everyone – but they will look great on me! #gotstahaveit

11. Jessica R. says:

Alicia Keys look high as hell in that picture. SMH.

12. smv says:

nevermind the pants.. those lace booties are hot!

13. Sydni says:

i saw a blue pair in f21

14. Reese says:

I love the look of them! Plus sizes?

15. There is a store on ebay that sells them up to a size 16 for $135 in genuine leather or try shopjtique.com. They are sold out right now but says they will be restocked soon for $64.

16. Reese says:

@1eclecticchick, thanks for the info!

17. Aida says:

I found a gem at http://www.livefabulously.biz !! I couldn’t be happier with my purchase and they were only $34.99! Great customer service on top of an amazing product! You have to go check out the site. I wish I could afford the real deal but these are a great alternative. I even got some snake skin harem pants that were a hit too.

18. Simone says:

RiRi wore it best!! Love the black and white pumps. I would purchase some but I live in Houston and leather pants are a NO No!!

19. Tanya says:

Bebe has the fake ones for $98.00 and they’re HOT!!