February 19th, 2013
Andre Leon Talley, Beyonce, Fashion, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

The Fashion Bomb News Break Down-021913-Big Sean to Launch Clothing Line, Beyonce Pepsi Bottles Hit  Stores, and Andre Leon Talley is Not Leaving Vogue
• It seems rapper Big Sean is launching a ‘fashion lifestyle company’ by the name of Aura Gold. Included in the fold is a (what else?) clothing line, ‘Finally Famous,’ which will feature staples like varsity jackets, hoodies, and t-shirts. Big Sean seems to have had fun approving mock-ups from his team of designers for this project: “Launching my own label is a dream come true for me,” he gushed, “Even though I have a lot to learn about fashion and the industry, I do know what I like and the small details that make something stand out to me. I look forward to evolving the line with more colors, fabrications and offerings to show the other dimensions of my style progression over time.” The label is set to be unveiled during a Big Sean appearance the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas for ProjectMVMNT. (The YBF)

Michelle Obama kept on her Thom Browne coat for the Second Inaugural Speech, but added J.Crew gloves and belt, and Reed Krakoff boots.

• First Lady Michelle Obama finally explained what prompted her new haircut: “This is my midlife crisis,” she jokingly said in an interview with cook/ daytime talk show host Rachael Ray. But really, MObama says she cut her bangs because she couldn’t get a sports car or bungee jump for her 49th birthday. The new ‘do was her gift to herself. (AP)

Andre+Leon+Talley+Valentino+45th+Anniversary+m6SQJTxbA6ul
• Rumors have been swirling about Andre Leon Talley and his post at Vogue magazine. Last week, The New York Post reported that ALT had severed ties with the publication, due to his new (still developing) talk show gig. The powers-that-be over at Vogue allegedly find Andre’s TV stints rather lowbrow, but reps for the cloaked industry overlord say this is not the case: “Andre is absolutely maintaining his relationship as a contributor . . . [He] has a number of projects in the works with Vogue and Condé Nast, and maintains a warm relationship with both.” We’ll see! (YBF via NYP)

beyonce-pepsi-bottle

• Pepsi has initiated phase 1 of their operation to dominate the carbonated beverage market. To lure fashionable Diet Coke drinkers away from the Marc Jacobs-designed cans and bottles, Pepsi’s unleashed the limited edition Beyonce-emblazoned containers on an ill-prepared world. All of a sudden I feel thirsty. (Fashion Bomb Tumblr)

tom-ford-is-handsome

• So, how did Tom Ford feel before his first live runway show in almost a decade? “totally nervous. So nervous. It was a huge amount of stress,” the designer dished to WWD. But it seems it was an overall pleasant experience for Ford, who admitted he actually missed showing: “It’s hard to admit,” he confessed, “after telling everyone I didn’t want to do a show!” See, Tom? That wasn’t so bad! (WWD)

• …Aaaaand here are Cara Delevigne and Jourdan Dunn doing the impostor Harlem Shake. (Fashionologie)

~Jihan

15 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Big Sean to Launch Clothing Line, Beyonce Pepsi Bottles Hit Stores, and Andre Leon Talley is Not Leaving Vogue

1. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

Big Sean is such a cutie! But really, do we need another celebrity trying to do a clothing line? I am curious to know what he’ll be designing…

2. libby17 says:

CARA + JOURDAN = ((SWOON))

3. Asia Monique says:

STOKED for this Big Sean line. I actually like his sense of style so I am most interested in seeing what it is he comes up with!

4. Caribbelle says:

lol at the imposter harlem shake. This post reminded me to find Tom Ford’s show and proceed to fangirl

5. KBS says:

Didn’t the Harlem Shake come out about 10-15 years ago? Or am I thinking of something else?

I personally don’t want to see another celeb clothing line unless said celeb went to school and put in work like a real designer. Stop bastardizing the industry.

6. tasha says:

Im not thrilled about Big Sean getting a clothing line. Too many people with deserving talent need the light shined on them.

I knew Andre wasnt going anywhere and if ever does it will be on his own time and he will make the announcement.

7. Kitty B. says:

ANOTHER celebrity cothing line, just what we need *rolls eyes*

Now how much will these beYAWNce Pepsi bottles be?? I already heard from my girlfriends her concert tixs $1300, so I can imagine the bottles…

8. Marsha D says:

While another celeb clothing line is a huge yawn and eye-roll….I just want to see the raw talent from Big Sean……..come wit it please-

9. The coke cans are cuter than these bottles. I hope they plan on creating something cuter. I don’t drink a lot of pop, but I’d buy a 6 pack as a keepsake.

10. Genie says:

Really another celeb clothing line?! O-o oh so boring.

11. Marsha D says:

…..And while I get it….”maximize your brand” is the name of the game these days….I just can’t-

12. jrDesignerLover says:

I love the Marc Jacobs cans more.

13. BougieHippie says:

I’m excited for Big Sean fashion line.

14. Laila says:

Work it Jourdan!!!!!!

15. Chris says:

hmmm… I’ll wait to see what the collection looks like. for 2013 so far, the only labels I’ll be copping this summer are Kenzo, VVS1 Clothing and Balenciaga