February 18th, 2013
Alicia Keys, Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm

Alicia Keys performed a medley of hits during halftime at the 2013 NBA All Star Game in a fresh off the runway cube printed sequined crop top and leather sweatpants from Herve Leger’s Fall 2013 collection:

Hot Or Hmm-021813-Alicia Keys’s 2013 NBA All Star Halftime Performance Hervé Leger Fall 2013 Sequin Cube Print Crop Top and Leather Sweatpants
She completed her look with Reebok classic AKW sneakers.
The ensemble was modeled on the runway with a baseball cap and heels.

20130218-131239.jpg
Though the twitterverse had varying reactions to her look, particularly her leather pants, I like what I see. And get into those flat abs!

What do you think?

20130218-133523.jpg

20130218-131138.jpg

*In case you missed her performance, check it out here:

30 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm…: Alicia Keys’s 2013 NBA All Star Halftime Performance Hervé Leger Fall 2013 Sequin Cube Print Crop Top and Leather Sweatpants”

1. chrissy says:

she looked nice but her performanceee was weak

2. Jai says:

This outfit wasn’t made for her right now..during her performance it made her look pudgy.

3. Brandie says:

Her hair pisses me off! I have short hair the best thing about having short hair is knowing the many ways to play with it. All she does is slick it back ughhh. I

4. Brandie says:

I like the outfit though just not for her

5. iHeartKeya says:

I liked this outfit a lot, it made her look young and hip because Alicia can dress a little old sometimes in my opinion. But I’m tired of her slicking her hair back, either do something with it or or go back to long hair.

6. iHeartKeya says:

Btw, Cassie would look really hot in this outfit. Random lol

7. I didn’t like this look for her. I guess I’m not getting use to this new Alicia Keys.

8. Westafricanmutt says:

Gosh! Why does her style bore me so much? Zzzzzzz

9. Alexis says:

I really love how Herve Leger has evolved and that they’re not just giving us bandage dresses in multiple colors. I like that Alicia is trying new looks. I had no idea she had those abs. Hot!

10. Crystal says:

That hair was almost as bad as the performance. I felt like the pants were supposed to sit low on the waist and now that I see the model, I was right. Alicia had to pull them up with her hips and it didn’t give off the same effect.

11. Larry says:

I like the top and pants, but you said she wore it with a sneaker wedge? Womp. This look would be hot with a pump.

12. Genie says:

Nice, slick back hair is a bore. It doesn’t look bad, styling in a more flattering manner would be an improvement.

13. Workinghard says:

Wasn’t feeling the look on her. It made her look short and wide around the hips. It looked good on the tall model bc it lenthened her torso. and u can do so muh more with short hair. and her performance, no words. Wasn’t feeling it at all.

14. Jess says:

Love the ensemble, would’ve preferred to see it on someone like Ciara.

15. Elle Wills says:

Women with big hips cannot wear leather bottoms. If they insist, an expert tailor must be consulted.

16. lola says:

Alicia Key, stop, like just stop!

17. tasha says:

Looks great on the model. Alicia needs to learn what works for her body. She is short with thick legs.

18. itsjustme says:

love the look on the model. the pants didn’t fit alicia well.

19. Chrissyb says:

She needs her long hair back the short hair ages her!

20. LawyerLady says:

Wow – she’s just a very beautiful woman. I like this look on her but I’m with @Larry. The wedge sneaker is too predictable and therefore sadly typical Alicia. Her body is amazing. Also, I don’t hate her hair. The slick back is chic on her IMO. She gives great face!

21. jbrizzy says:

I love the look…….. Just not on her. And the performance was terrible btw

22. bella says:

she looked and sounded a fool.

23. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

I love this look on her and the haircut looks beautiful on her!

24. This is a great outfit, but as others noted it isn’t great on her. Can’t really blame her though, she’s finally whipped that body into shape and she wants to show it off. Someone should have stopped her…

25. Likkle Miss says:

No, no and no.

She really wants to make sexy A. Keys happen. It’s not going to happen. I blame this on Swizz Beatz.

26. When I first saw this on the runway I was in love. I can definitely see Gwen Stefani wearing this and wearing it well, however Alicia…….. what happened?? This doesn’t even look the same I understand she’s not a model and has a different body shape but wow I didn’t think Hervè could look so bad on someone. Who’s her stylist or is she just styling herself?

27. BeBe Jones says:

Her voice is weak and so is this performance.

28. Kitty B. says:

Well Alicia just killed those pregnancy rumors didn’t she…

29. BeWi says:

Her outfit is on point but her performance was so so. She can’t dance.

30. lolodoll1 says:

Liked the look better on the model. She’s too curvy for the pants. Love the top, makeup and slicked back hair though. Her performance on the other hand…. For some reason, I thought Alicia could sing when she first came out. Actually, never mind this is a fashion blog.