February 13th, 2013
Fashion Week, New York, Real Style
Real Style: Mercedes Benz Fall 2013 Fashion Week Day 5

Though there are a handful of shows tomorrow, today is the last full day of New York Fashion Week!

Real Style-021312-Mercedes Benz Fall 2013 Fashion Week Day 5
I hope you’ve enjoyed the street style thus far. Next stop on the Fashion Bomb train is London (I’m flying off tomorrow!). Stay tuned for snaps from across the pond. But until then, get into these last few looks from NYC, photographed by Marta McAdams:

076_FBD_NYFW_6-298_Taneese_Steven
It seems Taneese and Steven coordinated in green tones, adding extra spunk with readers, sunglasses, and prints.

elaine welteroth new york fashion week street style fashion bomb daily

Green was also the call for Teen Vogue Beauty Director Elaine Welteroth, who added a bit of emerald dye to her curly tendrils for a jazzy look.

076_FBD_NYFW_6-25_Daphney

Daphney also opted for green, by way of a comfy wool coat, which she offset with pink pants and a striped button down.

076_FBD_NYFW_6-44_Wouri Vice

Green and pops of pink were also on the menu for celebrity stylist Wouri Vice, who stopped briefly for us before heading to a show.

076_FBD_NYFW_6-42_Ashley_Yal

Ashley and Val also played with colors, witnessed by Yal’s camouflage separates, and Ashley’s blue tipped fur.

076_FBD_NYFW_6-274_Fashion Platter

The primary colors continued! Andrew of the blog  Fashion Platter embraced all red, along with riding boots and a veiled beanie.

076_FBD_NYFW_6-287Neil-Christian_Nick

Red added a bit of pluck to Christian and Nick’s all black ensembles.

076_FBD_NYFW_6-280_Stephanie

And Stephanie’s leopard and striped look was emboldened by lipstick colored boots.

076_FBD_NYFW_6-64_Errol

Errol incorporated the two hot colors of the day in a fringed suede poncho and Jeremy Scott for Longchamp bag.

076_FBD_NYFW_6-293_Stephen

Bright blue sneakers, orange socks, and a coordinating patterned tie added interest  to a simple suit.

076_FBD_NYFW_6-52_Love

An oversized patterned scarf uplifted Love’s cream colored coat.

076_FBD_NYFW_6-17_Amy

And lastly, my blogging buddy Aimee of Song of Style mixed in a bit of everything with stripes, leopard, denim, a cobalt blue pleated skirt, and sparkling wedge booties. She makes it work, doesn’t she?

What do you think of our latest installment?

Photos by Marta McAdams

Posted In
33 comments

33 Responses to “Real Style: Mercedes Benz Fall 2013 Fashion Week Day 5”

1. Naynay says:

I am loving the first pic!!! It is so comforting to see all of these bright, beautiful colours during these winter months. Spring is right around the corner…

2. ramie says:

first pic is insane!!! my dude is giving me button down w/ tie, worn hoodie, blazer with lapel scarf rolled up jeans and loafers HE IS FRESH i love how this looks its SICK

3. ReSha says:

A tad bit of ADvice for Mr. Vice…if it doesn’t fit or come in a bigger size, don’t buy/wear it. His sweater made me feel like I couldn’t breathe. That green coat, fly! Ashley’s boots, fire!

4. lolodoll1 says:

Some folks just try WAY too hard (i.e., veiled beenie dude) ! Smh! Lol @Re Sha regarding that Mr. Vice comment. I had to scroll back up before submitting my comment to take a look. Lord have mercy!

5. Larry says:

Errol and Aimee are giving me lifeee.

6. Scarlet says:

Some people do way too much to try to be different…Im sorry but alot of these outfits hurt my eyes

7. They were loving the pink and green, huh? Not feeling the majority of these looks, but I am feeling the gray and black fur.

8. KBS says:

Sis in that first pic I am loving, even down to her pose. I also like the green hair lady…it’s green, but not GREEN. But overall, yes people sometime do the most for fashion.

9. T says:

Ashley, Val, and Elaine look normal and cute. Aimee has a lot going on but it looks effortless on her. Not really sure anyone else could pull that crazy combo off as evidenced by the epic fails in some of the other photos. Fashion week has become like a circus with these ridiculous costumes people are wearing. People forget that tailoring and taste will go a long when getting dressed.

10. Tammy M says:

I’m sorry, but I am truly uninspired by the multitude of pics these “fashion” folks.

i guess the new definition of style is just throwing on a random mix of patterns, something leather, an expensive pair of trendy shoes, and calling it stylish.

I miss the days when folks truly created a full look and not just threw on all the clothes from the bottom of their closets.

11. tt says:

i agree, many try way too hard to be different & end up looking a damn mess like most of the people in these pics. although i saw a few pieces that looked nice (separately) this random throw away styling is just boo.

12. Tia says:

No Aimee! This is the one time I can truly say she is off her game.
    She is trying to hard and falls in like with the rest of the “Try Hards”. If you follow her blog you know she never dresses likes this. What is fashion week doing to this people :-/

13. Tia says:

^ these people :-/

14. i loved this article by the great Suzie Menkes on how silly this whole thing has become. She talks about how it’s become a complete circus, and I definitely agree. A funny and true read.

15. Jei says:

I loved Elaine’s hair && Ashley’s look was best..loving the blue tipped fur coat.

16. mamareese says:

Hahaha why did so many looks go wrong from the waist down!!

17. Problem ? says:

The consensus is the same. A whole lot of “I tried” at fashion week. All this trying too damn hard only to end up looking disastrous. Homie in the veiled beenie looking like a small girl stuck in a big boy body. Stop! Your entire look was poorly executed.

Most of them, minus a few pics, look a mess and just threw on anything in an attempt to be fabulous. Are they hanging around FW events because they coudn’t possibly have a ticket to be inside. FW has turned into a circus for real.

18. Marsha D says:

Ditto to what half of y’all said about most of these folks…..trying too damn hard…a MESS.

19. Amber Powell says:

I am feeling the last pic from top to bottom. I am loving the Longchamp bag and the lady with the green natural hair.

20. sjstyle says:

To be quite honest, fashion week brings out some of the most unfashionable people I have ever seen!!!!! Some (like the dude with the tie and the hoodie) try to do something different to get their photos taken but don’t realize they do not look good! Whatever happened to simplicity??? On another note, my girl Aimee looks great!——- take notes people!

21. Eric says:

Are these people even going to the shows???? I’m just saying. Cause NONE of the above people look even remotely fashionable. The dude with the Gucci bag obviously just came from buying the shoes he has on. And his friend no comment. Nothing about any of these look read fashion

22. Starla says:

Rotflmbao!

23. lmonroedivine says:

I can’t and won’t with these people.

24. shay says:

so much going on here…

25. Bre Bre says:

… people be doing to much… Fashion is not mixing 300 patterns and going out to NYFW. SMH

26. LC says:

Except for the first and last pic, all these people look ridiculous :(

Alot of hotmess-iness going around

28. Izhause says:

Elaine looks gorgeous and I love her style!

29. Elaine Welteroth looks so stylish. That is the best look.

30. sacs a mains says:

Thanks for a marvelous posting! I definitely enjoyed reading it, you may be a great author. I will remember to bookmark your blog and will often come back down the road. I want to encourage continue your great writing, have a nice morning!

31. When some one searches for his required thing, therefore he/she needs to be available that in detail, therefore that thing is maintained over here.

32. Edita says:

Tell me pleaseeeeeeeeeee anybody what brend is Aimee of Song of Style’s shirt. This electric blue skirt i’m looking for 2 months and can’t find it :(
    Thanks in advance))