February 11th, 2013
Beyonce, Fashion News, Fashion Show
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

The Fashion Bomb News Break Down-021113-Beyoncé to Appear on Oprah’s Next Chapter, Kate Upton Lands Second Sports Illustrated Cover, and Lil Mama Set to Star as Left Eye in TLC Biopic
• In the midst of last night’s Grammy festivities, Ms. Oprah Winfrey realized it was an opportune time to announce that Beyoncé will be the next big name celebrity to sit down for her Next Chapter series.

Bey’s fans have been hounding auntie O to snag an interview with the notoriously private superstar since last year, and now they’ve got their wish! Taping is set to take place tomorrow, and will air this Saturday at 8pm (conveniently right before the HBO premiere of her documentary). Will you be tuning in?  P.S. It seems Beyoncé will also be headlining this year’s Essence Music Festival. She’s everywhere, isn’t she? (Twitter)

kate-upton-sports-illustrated-cover

• She’ backkkkkk! Kate Upton makes her return to the cover of Sports Illustrated after getting her big break just last year. The buxom blonde stars in the swimsuit issue after braving the freezing temperatures of Antarctica to serve up sexy shots. What do you think? (Telegraph)

lil-mama-to-star-as-left-eye-in-tlc-movie• Lil Mama has landed the role of Left Eye in the TLC biopic. Although Chili and T-Boz previously had reservations about casting a famous face, it seems they had a change of heart. MC Lyte was the one to let the cat out of the bag when she was interviewed on the red carpet at the VIBE Impact Awards, “I’m going to be a bit of my concentration and focus on trying to uplift a sister that’s talented, smart, witty and just had her chance cut too short and that’s Lil Mama because she is a talented little lady. I don’t know if I’m supposed to say, but I will. She just got the role of Left Eye in TLC’s new movie.[...]I am so excited for her. She is a talented young lady. So I want to see her do some beautiful things.” Congrats, girl! What do you think? (Necole Bitchie)

Oscar-De-La-Renta-27-Oct-2011

• Oscar de la Renta has grown quite fond of John Galliano during their time spent together leading up to New York Fashion Week. “I would love for him to stay,” says de la Renta. “Will he? I cannot tell you that today because we haven’t gone that far in really discussing it. The fact is, we work very differently in New York than in Paris. It’s night and day. We work at a much faster pace. So the answer is we don’t know. We’re still exploring.” It would be lovely to see what could become of their growing friendship. (Vogue UK)

~Cliché

22 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Beyoncé to Appear on Oprah’s Next Chapter, Kate Upton Lands Second Sports Illustrated Cover, and Lil Mama Set to Star as Left Eye in TLC Biopic”

1. meekaG says:

I rather see an actress play the part but wharves

2. KBS says:

Well, if Zoe can play Nina, and Mary can play Coretta, why the hell not?

3. Can’t wait to see the Beyonce interview, I hope it’s not a snooze and Big O asks all the right questions. I think lil Mama will do a good job as Left Eye.

4. Empress says:

I mean is Oprah going to ask/show some surprising facts about Beyonce’s life that he documentary isn’t going to show?……I love Bey, but it’s too much.Oprah just wants to stay in the spotlight.

Not a fan of Lil Mama, but Congrats.

5. K says:

i actually think lil mama is perfect for that role. It makes total sense. I do agree with MC Lyte. She’s a talented young lady…a bit much at time, but she’s always presented herself as a positive person. i can dig it

6. Kitty B. says:

I’m a bit shocked about Lil Mama getting the role. T-Boz and Chilli have always stated they did not want anyone famous playing them in the biopic…were they included in this decision?

7. tasha says:

I was just thinking when is Oprah going to do a Next chapter with Beyonce. Kinda excited… woohoo

8. DannielleS says:

I cannot wait for Beyonce of the Next Chapter.

Kate Upton bores me. She has huge boobs, who cares? Let her model. Why is she being shoved down our throats? I don’t think she is fat, but she is very boxy with large boobs so to me that’s why she does not look like the typical model. She is a regular girl. Whoop tee doo!

(sorry, i know that was a lot of hate but damn lol)

9. Jihan says:

those tits just won’t quit!

She is very boxy though, quite sadly. And her look is a little… plain for me, but I mean those knockers can do no wrong!

10. T1K says:

From what I heard, Beyonce has to approve all the questions being asked, so what’s the point? It doesn’t seem natural.. Anyways Kate Upton is a plus sized model in my eyes, I saw the behind the scenes pictures and she is not all that, tall she is, but her body is as regular as any other woman out there, so much for those “standards” they set to be a “model”

11. Bird says:

I actually like that Kate geting second cover it means ppl like different looking model…and most of all she got 2 cover and not miss gf of cristiano ronaldo from 2011…lol

12. Dria says:

Excited for the Oprah and Bey interview..I really hope she asks all the questions we want to know and not just the things we already do. I think Lil Mama is a good fit to play Left Eye..I can see some personality similarities in the two.

13. lola A. says:

I think lil mama will do great she can dance/sing-rap(what ever you call her style of music) and she has always giving me a tlc early 90′s kinda vibe I hope she does a good job kudos to her.

Idk… I see it for Lil Mama…

15. dee says:

I am contemplating questions Oprah might ask Beyonce that we have not gathered the answer to.
    How does she really feel about the pregnancy rumors? Did she use a surrogate? Is Beyonce showing us delivery pictures? Is she a work-a-holic and what’s the secret? Did she recently have a nose job? Does she do botox? Has Jay-Z been unfaithful? Does she actually write her songs or just compose the melodies?

These are questions people want answered. We don’t need another interview on how motherhood has changed her, how it felt singing for the president, what the new record is going to sound like, and whether there will be a destiny’s child reunion tour coming next year…

I love Beyonce dearly, but dear God give us something new.

16. Kahalia says:

I grew up on TLC! I am not a fan of a non-actor playing Left Eye or any of the girls. That makes it second rate from the jump. We need real talent-not a name. I see an epic fail coming…

17. Kory Conover says:

When will Lil Mama realize that no one cares about her?

I love Kate Upton but I do think that maybe this year another beautiful, talented young lady deserved a shot at success.

I don’t expect any new information from the beyonce interview

19. LawyerLady says:

Lil Mama as Left Eye???? Hhhmmm….. Imma give her a chance but I got a good, strong side eye on this situation. B on O = YAY!

20. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

I think Lil Mama would actually be perfect playing the role of Left Eye. Good thing, this way she can concentrate on this role and stop crashing peoples performances…LML!!!

21. Indigo says:

I will not be tuning in to Oprah interviewing Bey… I’d rather watch paint dry.. Oprah has been told what to ask and what not to ask this robot.

22. Indigo says:

I hope this role will give LiL Mama some life. I like Left Eye, I hope they don’t do her dirty.