February 10th, 2013
Celebrity Style, Jennifer Hudson, On the Scene
On The Scene: The 2013 Clive Davis Pre-Grammy Party
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Without question, The Clive Davis Pre-Grammy Party is the event to attend before the big show. It usually never fails to bring out Hollywood’s most notable names, and last night was no different.

On the Scene-021013-The 2013 Clive Davis Pre-Grammy Party
Let’s take a look at some of our favorite celebs style choices for the evening.

Jennifer-Hudson-2013-Clive-Davis-Pre-Grammy-Party-Giuseppe-Zanotti-Heels

Jennifer Hudson was one of the performers for the night, and hit the carpet in a Maria Lucia Hohan dress, Giuseppe Zanotti sandals, and a Demarco bracelet. I’m loving the plum lip! I like elements of this look, but something weird is going on at the bust.

Nicole-Richie-2013-Clive-Davis-Pre-Grammy-Party-Tom-Ford-Dress-Christian-Louboutin-Pumps

Nicole Richie was with exactly zero flaw in this sickening Tom Ford reptilian dress and Christian Louboutin pumps. Stawp it, Nicole! I can’t take! :/

ashanti-2013-clive-davis-pregrammy-party

Ashanti brought a welcome dose of color in her coral frock and nude pumps.

Tyra-Banks-2013-Clive-Davis-Pre-Grammy-Party

Tyra Banks went with a blunt bang and black Roberto Cavalli gown. Werk!

brandy-2013-clive-davis-pre-grammy-party Brandy kept things relatively simple in a Balmain Baroque Floral stretch knit dress and black pumps. She looked beautiful!

jordin-sparks-2013-Clive-Davis-pregrammy-party-roberto-cavalli-dress-guiseppe-zanotti-heels

Jordin Sparks was also in attendance. The singer opted for a center slit gown by Roberto Cavalli, and Giuseppe Zanotti heels. I’m not particularly wowed, but she is effortlessly stunning.

ne-yo-2013-clive-davis-pregrammy-party

wiz-khalifa-2013-Clive-Davis-pregrammy-party

Ne-Yo and Wiz Khalifa both showed up in the same black and white striped blazer. Who wore it better? I’m leaning towards Ne-Yo. Wiz can come check me once he’s located his shirt.

ciara-2013-Clive-Davis-pregrammy-party

Ciara was on tap for the evening in this cream Halston frock. The combination of the hair and lip just won’t let her be great! She’s way better than this.

miley-cyrus-2013-Clive-Davis-pregrammy-Party-Emilio-Pucci-Dress-Versace-Boots

Miley Cyrus was daring in this black Emilio Pucci frock and Versace boots. I’ve successfully managed to completely separate her from her Disney beginnings at this point. Miley is smoking hot and offers no apologies!

katy-perry-2013-Clive-Davis-pregrammy-party

Katy Perry looked very mature in her beaded Rafael Cennamo gown and Charlotte Olympia heels.

janelle-monae-2013-Clive-Davis-pregrammy-party

Janelle Monae was also there for the evening.

david-guetta-and-usher-2013-clive-davis-pregrammy-party

Usher was also one of the night’s performers.

john-legend-chrissy-teigen-clive-davis-2013-pregrammy-party

John Legend struck a pose with his gorgeous fiancé Chrissy Teigen.

There you have it!

Who was your favorite look for the evening?

~Cliché

27 Responses to “On The Scene: The 2013 Clive Davis Pre-Grammy Party”

1. Skeys says:

Jordin Sparks looks beautiful. I love JHud’s look too. I think her pose is what’s throwing off the bosom of her dress. Love the color on Chrissy. Ciara–not a total Betty, but a vast improvement.

2. Fefe210 says:

Oh Ashanti….. : (

3. Skeys says:

@Fefe, co-sign. That’s what I forgot to say. For her, less is always more. She should learn that.

And I love Nicole Richie, but I don’t like this dress on her. I’ve seen that dress before, but I can’t remember who wore it.

4. Cliche says:

@Skeys Rihanna wore the longer version to Nicole’s dress to the 2012 Met Gala.

5. lola says:

Jennifer Hudson, go away and take you wig consultant with you smh

6. iCant says:

Ciara that hair and beat is your look. Stick with it please. Ashanti, just why? Jordan looks good, she’s lost so much weight. Wiz should’ve been turned away at the door for showing that bird cage chest of his. No shirt no entry. I feel like Nicole is too petite for the strong shoulders on her dress. If the shoulders were normal I would have loved it on her. Brandy looks good as well her beat is always on point.

7. Olwethu says:

Bird cage chest looks much better than School Bus head with leather pants and shiny ass shoes. Jhud’s bust ruined that outfit. Ciara is just disappointing.

8. DomDom says:

I’m here for Miley, Nicole, Tyra and Usher. I’ve been over Janelle Monae, she is ridiculously boring and predictablel. And neither Wiz or Neyo wore that blazer better, they both look hilarious and how awkward.

9. Ramona says:

Ashanti is stuck in 2002

10. Larry says:

Nicole snatched everyone’s wig last night.

Miley, Jordin, and Brandy also look great. But I need somebody to shake Ciara because her look is all right from the neck down, but chhh…that makeup and hair!!

Also, Ashanti still gets invited places? oh.

11. Olwethu says:

@Ramona you’re dead right. Chrissy and John are expecting. Didn’t see this one coming?

12. Ne-yo and Wiz got set up by the same person, huh? They both need to have a seat \ _\_. Ashanti and Ciara look like they are going to their senior prom. Nicole and Brandy look great.

13. goldiloxx says:

Nicole Ritchie and Brandy killed it. I live for those simple classy looks. And Wiz … no socks or shirt homie? Come onnn.

14. T says:

Ashanti does know this is not a high school prom right??

15. Wiz boo lmao…you need a shirt on…everybody else looks BOMB!!

16. Whats wrong with Ashanti I thought it was a beautiful evening gown

17. Omg and i thought that was Neyo but he looks old around the mouth area..wow!!!

18. AzizMom says:

Good:Miley, Nicole, Katy, Brandie!
    Bad: J-Hud, Jordin, Ciara (these ladies have so much potential but perhaps not putting the dollars in a stylist)
    Ugly:Ashanti! Why is she still relevant? Just wondering.

19. Genie says:

Tyra & JHud need another hair style.
    Wiz, pleaseeeee get a shirt.

20. Cameo says:

I keep waiting of Ashanti’s look to grow up; It just never does. How she let younger Jordan Sparks look more “pulled together” I don’t know.

21. Likkke Miss says:

Ashanti will never let this ghetto Rapunzel hair die. Never.

Ugh.

22. cottoncande says:

Not impressed 100%. Jordan Sparks, Ashanti, Brandi, and JHud were cute. I would have to disagree with that horrible Nicole Ritchie dress. Gross and illfitting. And Miley…Really? Okay folks whatever.

23. Westafricanmutt says:

How many times can I say J. Monae bores me. No one really WERKED this out. Booooooo. Brandy was cute though

24. DIVA says:

Janelle needs to let it go…. I mean really her look is TIRED !

25. Ashley says:

Is it me or does j-hud look a lil thicker?

26. RHONYC says:

kudos to Miley for being a risk-taker and throwing the predictable out a window! R ;-)