February 7th, 2013
Fashion News, Kanye West, Shoes

The Fashion Bomb News Break Down-020813-Kanye West’s Cruel Summer Sandals Now Available, 22-Year-Old Fashion Intern Commits Suicide, and A$AP Rocky for i-D
•Have a few extra gold bars lying under your bed? You’ll need to melt them down to afford Kanye West’s ‘Cruel Summer’ sandals, currently available for $1,625 at LuisaViaRoma.com.
kanye west cruel summer sandals 001_eb69edfa-4ab9-4012-bb0d-bfea767c08cd
The heels, created in collaboration with Giuseppe Zanotti, have ceramic leaf detailing and a leather covered high heel. Nice, but do you think they’re worth the splurge? (Fashion Bomb Inbox)
Ashley A. Riggitano
•The fashion industry can be tough, and apparently the pressures got to 22-year-old Ashley Riggitano, who jumped to her death from the George Washington Bridge last night. The New Jersey fashionista left behind a grudge list in her Louis Vuitton handbag, where she named 5 girls who were ‘in it for the gossip’and ‘never there.’. The intern for jewelry designer Alex Woo also named a man on her list, who apparently didn’t treat her well in the past. What a tragic end for such a beautiful girl. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Riggitano family. (Fox News)
seat stealing junior 4-buyer-in-fascinator
New York Magazine took the liberty of creating caricatures of 10 different types of people you might see at New York Fashion Week, from the socialite/D.J. to the junior buyer/seat stealer (pictured above). Fashion Week vets, what do you think of their classifications? (NY Mag)
03  asap rocky i-d magazine

asap rocky i-d magazine
A$AP Rocky has nabbed yet another editorial, this time for i-D Magazine. He seems to be channeling J.Lo with that open mouthed gaze, no? (i-D Online)
burberry bag spring 2013 romeo beckham
•See Romeo Beckham steal the spotlight yet again in Burberry’s latest Spring/Summer 2013 ad campaigns. (Burberry)

15 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Kanye West’s Cruel Summer Sandals Now Available, 22-Year-Old Fashion Intern Commits Suicide, and A$AP Rocky for i-D”

1. Choco aka Hipppie says:

ASAP is so cute to me! I’m saddened to hear of this gorgeous 22 yo who is no longer here – just really irritating that ppl can get to a person and not even know what they are doing to them!

2. Savage says:

That NY MAG article is hilarious! Esp the freelance journalist with no byline to his name! lol Adore NYFW, the best place to people watch..esp for a midwestern girl

3. KBS says:

ASAP is a cutie pie….but why does the black girl gotta steal the seat? Racial ! **in my Martin Lawrence voice**

4. Frieda K says:

Kanye shoes are cute but clearly he doesnt have to walk on those. They spell pain to me and I wear 4inches almost every day!

5. lola says:

A$AP is the male version of Azealia Banks.

Romeo B is so cute, my heart melts every time I see him.

The New York Magazine caricature piece is hysterically real. There’s nothing more annoying than pretentious, “quirky,” pseudo-fashionistas with their attention-seeking outfits and slanted poses. Good-F*CKING-bye.

6. laurafashionablyblessed says:

The cruel summer shoe: preordered them in dec. and received them 2 weeks ago.I have yet to wear them but have been trying them on all I can say is theyre odd to walk in kind of like the heeless styles from giuseppe last year not exactly painful you just have to remember putting your weight forward when you walk.As far as the price goes I do think they are a bit overpriced as I expected the leaves to be like the delicate ceramic say of a vase or dish but they arent theyre kind of plasticy.All and all they are inovative and definitely a statement shoe so I am happy with the purchase and look forward to wearing them.

7. Brina says:

Sad to hear about the young ladies suicide, people need to realize that killing themselves is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Romeo Beckham is a cutie.

8. lola says:

Ms. Kendra West really tried it. $1,625 for that travesty? Girl…

9. LawyerLady says:

I am a huge fan of Kanye’s music but not his “fashions”. Lol. I’d love to see the shoes on. Not into the shiny Beckham kid ad.

10. Caribbelle says:

Looking at those cruel summer heels, I have to wonder. Why is the heel so forward. I just realized that the actual stiletto is not where it should be for optimal support. Sigh. I’m guessing practicality wasn’t a top priority, especially since it doesn’t have much of a platform to work with.

11. yusufswifee says:

@brina – you must be a guidance counselor or therapist. You can save millions everywhere with your amazing and groundbreaking advice on preventing suicide. #rollseyes

12. jrDesignerLover says:

ASAP is a cutie. The Ashley Riggitano situation is really sad…Adderall and Klonopin were found in her purse, so maybe it was the drugs *shrugs*. Sad.

13. Ava says:

Be nice. Mean girl talk on social media seemed to tip the young lady over the edge. There is no need to be nasty and hostile to people.

14. Kitana says:

I love these shoes. I think they are beautifully constructed just like his other shoes. Everything Ye touches turns gold, this man can do anything.

That cartoon is very suspect. Why did she have to be black?

15. Anom says:

The fashion industry is cruel and they need to be held responsible for being adult mean girls. I interned at a Conde title and the assistants are bullies. They would right in front me say judge how I dress and say how I don’t have what it takes to make it in fashion. Some days, I really just wanted to kill myself too.