February 1st, 2013
Celebrity Style, Kerry Washington, On the Scene
On the Scene: The 44th NAACP Image Awards
By Faith

The stars certainly turned out for the 44th NAACP Image Awards at The Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. There was enough glitz and glamour in the place to last us all month!

On the Scene-020113-The 44th NAACP Image Awards

Let’s get into the night’s looks shall we?

halle-berry-44th-naacp-image-awards-los-angeles

Halle Berry did Vivienne Westwood proud in a two-tone gown from the designer. Get into that waist!

kerry-washington-44th-naacp-image-awards-los-angeles

No mercy was shown by Kerry Washington in a cotton candy-colored confection from Oscar de la Renta’s Spring 2013 collection. Take notes, kids!

garcelle-beauvais-44th-naacp-image-awards-los-angeles

I held back a tear upon seeing Garcelle Beauvais’s mermaid gown. I was even into the dark lip here.

laz-alonso-meagan-good-44th-naacp-image-awards-los-angeles

Deception co-stars Laz Alonso and Meagan Good posed backstage. Two beautiful people!

keke-palmer-44th-naacp-image-awards-los-angeles

Keke Palmer opted for cobalt with a thigh-high slit, though I would’ve preferred a more delicate shoe with some sparkle. Simple and chic no?

jamie-foxx-44th-naacp-image-awards-los-angeles

Jamie Foxx wore a tux, while his daughter went bright in orange. She’s beautiful!

common-44th-naacp-image-awards-los-angeles

Hey Common! The rapper gave some flair to a simple suit with a burgundy bow tie. If I put him on my Christmas list ten months in advance, perhaps I can snag him no?

ll-cool-j-44th-naacp-image-awards-los-angeles

LL Cool J stuck to his tried and true formula in a satin lapel tux. I want him to try something new in 2013, but I guess if it isn’t broken then don’t fix it right?

freida-pinto-44th-naacp-image-awards-los-angeles-dev-patel

I love seeing Freida Pinto and Dev Patel together on the red carpet! She looked gorgeous in an emerald James Ferreira gown.

archie-panjabi-44th-naacp-image-awards-los-angeles

Archie Panjabi could not be missed in silver sequins.

lance-gross-44th-naacp-image-awards-los-angeles

Lance Gross and his date were the perfect pair! I loved his $2,365 DSquared2 Tailored Suit and her embellished gown.

rutina-wesley-44th-naacp-image-awards-los-angeles

Rutina Wesley was virtually unrecognizable in a draped gown with a plunging v-neckline. How amazing does she look?

wendy-raquel-robinson-44th-naacp-image-awards-los-angeles

Wendy Raquel Robinson also took the plunge in a red draped gown with embellished shoulders.

elise-neal-44th-naacp-image-awards-los-angeles-stella-mccartney-single-sleeve-dress

A $1,448 Stella McCartney Single Sleeve Dress and $550 Jimmy Choo Tempest Sequin Sandals completed Elise Neal’s look. She could have done away with the drop earrings, but I cannot deny that this is a hot ensemble!

niecy-nash-44th-naacp-image-awards-los-angeles

All-black was far from boring on Niecy Nash who stunned by giving her look gold accents.

don-cheadle-44th-naacp-image-awards-los-angeles

I live for Don Cheadle and he and his wife were the epitome of elegance.

tatyana-ali-44th-naacp-image-awards-los-angeles

Though Tatyana Ali’s gown had potential, her hair looked as if she just stepped out of the shower. Sigh.

omarosa-44th-naacp-image-awards-los-angeles

Omarosa was quite radiant in navy. Her dress wasn’t my cup of tea, but who could deny that glowing skin, shiny hair, and flawless smile?

jeff-perry-katie-lowes-bellamy-young-tony-goldwyn-44th-naacp-image-awards-los-angeles

The Scandal cast was in attendance looking as fab as ever! How elegant is Bellamy Young’s deep crimson $4,800 J. Mendel Sleeveless Shawl Collar Mermaid Gown?

vanessa-l-williams-44th-naacp-image-awards-los-angeles

Gold was the hue of choice for Vanessa L. Williams who showed off her figure in a form-fitting one shoulder dress and embellished sandals.

mario-van-peebles-44th-naacp-image-awards-los-angeles

It was a family night for Mario Van Peebles who brought his son along. I mean seriously, why is this man so fine?

gloria-reuben-44th-naacp-image-awards-los-angeles

Though yellow is my favorite color, Gloria Reuben’s gown had quite too much going on for me to cosign it.

gladys-knight-44th-naacp-image-awards-los-angeles

Gladys Knight hasn’t aged a bit since her days leaving on a midnight train to Georgia with The Pips! She definitely brought glamour to the red carpet in a one-shoulder design with a sheer overlay.

shonda-rhimes-44th-naacp-image-awards-los-angeles

The woman who predominates my Thursday nights, Shonda Rhimes, uplifted a simple dress with a crystal brooch.

chandra-wilson-44th-naacp-image-awards-los-angeles

Chandra Wilson went glam in an icy blue design, equipped with draped detailing and crystal embellishment.

loretta-devine-44th-naacp-image-awards-los-angeles

Loretta Devine sparkled and shined on the red carpet in a long-sleeve lamé number.

shanola-hampton-44th-naacp-image-awards-los-angeles

Shameless actress Shanola Hampton skewed a bit towards prom, which was unfortunate because she’s so beautiful!

eric-laray-harvey-44th-naacp-image-awards-los-angeles

He might play a bad guy on hit show Boardwalk Empire, but Eric Laray Harvey cleaned up rather well in a tux.

alfre-woodard-44th-naacp-image-awards-los-angeles

Alfre Woodard showed the kids that she still has it in yellow.

emayatzy-corinealdi-44th-naacp-image-awards-los-angeles

I’m not sure if we’ll be seeing a lot more of actress Emayatzy Corinealdi, but she looked flawless in a strapless sweetheart gown. Hot!

amandla-steinberg-44th-naacp-image-awards-los-angeles

Actress Amandla Stenberg was cute as a button in a white lace dress and perfectly-coiffed updo. She might be just a teen, but she was one of my favorite looks of the night.

sandra-oh-44th-naacp-image-awards-los-angeles

Last, but not least was Sandra Oh who served glamour in forest green.

That’s all folks! Who had your favorite looks of the night?

32 Responses to “On the Scene: The 44th NAACP Image Awards”

1. Taj says:

There was definitely a lot of beautiful looks. I absolutely adored Kerry Washington’s dress. Halle, Garcelle, Keke, Emayatzy, Niecy, and Jamie Foxx’s daughter looked incredible. The gentleman also looked really nice.

2. Taj says:

I loved Freida’s dress as well.

3. LadyC says:

Loretta why??? She never seems to get it right

4. JK says:

Loretta. Lor…Loretta…

5. Yashi says:

Imnot crazy about pastels at all and I will be trilled when the trend is over (20 years from now we will look at this and say WHY?) But can I live in the moment???…..(ok taking it that you said yes)….KERRY WASHIGTON LOOKS AMAMZING…ok moment done :)

6. Lance gross girl looks like Marjorie Harvey they look fab

7. HarlemVanity says:

They all looked amazing! Kerry, Jamie’s daughter and Garcille stole my heart

Love seeing more diversity at the NAACP Awards. Everyone looks great.

9. hipchick says:

Loretta smh she has no hips or butt so why choose a dress that is tight around that area…and LLs face looks odd, maybe because I’m viewing it from my phone the pic might not be clear but it looks like he has on make up or had plastic surgery. …but megan good looks FLAWLESS

10. Jess says:

Kerry Washington hands down. She looked perfect.

11. Straight Flexin' says:

This post is giving me LIFE!!!! Kerry Washington can really do no wrong in the style department.

Auntie Niecey looks like a goddess!

Garcelle is SLAYIN in the mermaid gown (even though I’m on the fence about the dark lip)

12. Madpet says:

Everyone looks great except Loretta Divine. Meagan and Garcelle stood out the most.

13. Empress says:

Loretta…Gross…Women with terrible figures like her always wear dresses like that.

Overall, everyone looked nice.
    I’m in love with Kerry. She’s so adorable. Love the dress.

14. Jei says:

Almost everyone looked great! I especially liked Kerry Washington && Emayatzy’s dresses.

15. Snaiz says:

Why does ll cool j…. Have on makeup?? Like concealer n some (tinted) lip “balm” and all.. Jus what is he doin?!

16. cheriemacherieUSHER says:

Emayatzy Corinealdi..the best

17. Kishonda says:

Emayatzy Corinealdi hands DOWN!
    Kerry also looked FAB
    Lance looked great and his date was pretty…but! EVA the diva wouldve slayed!

18. Great looks, only a few side eyes.

19. Jennifer says:

Emayatzy Corinealdi was my favorite.
    I loved Kerry’s colors.

20. hotmama says:

Don Cheadle is not married. That’s his longtime baby mama…who won’t get any benefits of a wife because he refuses to marry and she’s settling 4 it. Hope she has a life insurance policy

21. nmillmich25 says:

I had no idea KeKe was married/engaged to Zac Efron

22. nmillmich25 says:

Oh snap! Thats not true, but she’s wearing a ring though…oh whatever!

23. binks says:

Maybe it is just me but I was not feeling Kerry’s dress, don’t know if it’s the color or the material but something just wasn’t working for me it seems a bit to “young” but it did made her stand out so that’s a plus. For the most part, everybody looked fabulous, though I think the plus size ladies need to step it up a bit I wasn’t feeling their attire.

24. LivvyV says:

I damn near lose my mind when I saw Kerry Washington. WHAT!!!!!!! She is giving life for months. Sexy, elegance, funky, sweet all wrap up to this dress.

Emayatzy Corinealdi,Garcelle Beauvais’s, Rutina Wesley, Niecy Nash, Jamie’s daughter, and Keke look great!!!

The cat of Scandal looks good too.

Amandla Stenberg is too cute.

25. Mo_Sheri10 says:

I agree with Binks, that dress does look a little young on Kerry. I think it would’ve looked better on Keke Palmer. I love Meagan Goodes dress the best, mostly because odd the color. All of the men look good.

26. Mo_Sheri10 says:

“off” the color

27. DIVA says:

fails : Loretta Divine(dress is way too tight ), Meagan Good (dress is way too big), Wendy Raquel Robinson( those boobs are mashed and lopsided)

28. SLIMB says:

My favorites were Kerry Washington of course, Keke palmer & Amandla shes soooo pretty.

29. lmonroedivine says:

I really can not with Loretta. I also don’t understand how Megan Goode always manages to look so cheap. It’s really baffling. Emayatzy Corinealdi looks incredible. Best Dressed. Vanessa’s and Tatyana’s dresses seem inappropriate for the occasion and Wendy Racquel Robinson is just..unfortunate.

30. NatLee says:

I love SANDRA OH!

31. patreese says:

Helle Berry is a winner in my eyes love that dress

32. My fav is flawless Halle and the dress Jamie’s daughter is wearing is nice the orange color is the deal. Shout out to Vanessa L. Williams!

Note to Shonda Rhimes: I would love to see you do something with Soul Food The Series with all the original characters, esp Malinda Williams! Would love to see that show back on television. Okay thanks for my plug FB……..