January 31st, 2013
Celebrity Style, Kerry Washington, Week in Chic
This Week in Chic: Rihanna, Kerry Washington, Justin Timberlake, and more!
By Faith

Happy Thursday everyone!

It’s warm enough to wear bare legs in NYC (well at least until sundown), so I’m taking full advantage of this splendid weather!

There were a ton of celeb sightings this week from dinners out on the town to talk show appearances. Thankfully, most brought their A-game, ending January in the right way.

This Week In Chic-013113

Let’s get into this week’s looks:

rihanna new york city dolce gabbana dolce handbag miu Miu sunglasses
Rihanna made her way back to her hotel in the Big Apple, while rocking her fave $390 Miu Miu Pentagon Metal Sunglasses and a Dolce Gabbana ‘Dolce’ handbag.
kerry washington NYC
Making the rounds in NYC to do some Scandal promotion was the show’s star Kerry Washington. She looked Spring-perfect in a L’Agence dress, turquoise watersnake Christian Louboutin pumps, and a Reed Krakoff clutch. Cute!

justin-timberlake-suit-and-tie-los-angeles

I’m beyond ready for the Suit & Tie video to make its debut and Justin Timberlake and Jay-Z looked pretty dapper while on set. There’s nothing better than handsome men in expertly-tailored suits!

selita-ebanks-vera-launch-ambassadors-river-view-united-nationa-new-york-city

Selita Ebanks served a flawless face and mixed prints at the Vera Launch at the UN.

thandie-newton-je-tecoute-screening-london

At the Je T’Ecoute Screening in London, Thandie Newton channeled retro-inspired elegance. How can you not love this woman?

alicia-keys-blackberry-global-creative-director-blackberry-10-launch-event-new-york-city

Alicia Keys skewed menswear-inspired while at the Blackberry 10 Launch Event in NYC. Congrats are in order for her new position as Blackberry’s Global Creative Director!

rosario-dawson-lambertz-monday-night-germany

It was va-va voom for Rosario Dawson at Dita Von Teese’s Lambertz Monday Night performance in Germany.

mary-j-blige-angela-bassett-betty-and-coretta-premiere-new-york-city

At the Betty & Coretta Premiere in the Big Apple, Mary J. Blige and Angela Bassett were beyond gorgeous. I’m definitely feeling Mary’s Devi Kroell Square Line Wooden Malachite Clutch.

ruby-dee-betty-and-coretta-premiere-new-york-city

Icon Ruby Dee was also in attendance at the premiere. Get into her beret, oversized gold-rimmed readers, and printed jacket. No seriously: take notes kids!

june-ambrose-jfk-airport

It was all about comfort for June Ambrose while traipsing through JFK Airport. One question: where does she put that fur trapper hat on the plane?

regina-king-naacp-image-awards-nominees-luncheon-beverly-hills

Regina King oozed elegance at the NAACP Image Awards Nominees Luncheon in Beverly Hills.

tatyana-ali-44th-naacp-image-awards-nominees-luncheon-beverly-hills

Tatyana Ali sported a bodycon dress and $725 Jimmy Choo Lance Sandals at the luncheon. It’s all about her glowing skin and curves here.

nicole-richie-ferragamo-dinner

At a Salvatore Ferragamo Dinner, Nicole Richie opted for all-black, sporting a blouse and studded pumps from the brand. Hot!

kourtney-kardashian-west-hollywood

Kourtney Kardashian kept it simple and chic while out and about in West Hollywood with her bambina.

nicole-scherzinger-capital-fm-studios-london

At Capital FM Studios in London, Nicole Scherzinger layered it on in a leather lapel blazer, printed blouse, a fur jacket, and leather pants.

rochelle-humes-london

Mommy-to-be Rochelle Humes mixed textures in a lace dress and crystal-embellished cap toe pumps. Cute no?

The Tonight Show with Jay Leno - Season 21
Does Catherine Zeta Jones age? She looked flaw-free in an Emilio Pucci fringe dress from the Fall/Winter 2011 collection on ‘The Tonight Show with Jay Leno’ in New York.

jessica-alba-and-family-beverly-hills

It was a family day for Jessica Alba who went casual with her adorable daughters and very hot husband in a two-tone leather jacket, Saloni printed scarf, and Isabel Marant sneakers.

zoe-kravitz-bullet-to-the-head-new-york-premeire

Last, but not least was Zoe Kravitz who embodied Annie Hall 2.0 at the Bullet To The Head premiere in New York.

That’s all folks! Who had your favorite looks this week?

24 Responses to “This Week in Chic: Rihanna, Kerry Washington, Justin Timberlake, and more!”

1. What qualifies Alicia Keys to be the creative director for Blackberry? Face of, sure but I’m not going for creative director. Someone needs to check them on that. Also, she looks like a lesbian on her wedding day in that suit and with that hair.

2. KBS says:

She does look like a lesbian on the big day, but I strangly like it kinda the same way I’m digging June’s Hobo chic look. I didn’t know she could fit her foot into sneakers! But I came strictly for Mrs. Ruby Dee, I need thoes shades asap!

3. Crystal says:

All I will say is Alicia shouldn’t wear menswear inspired clothing. Rihanna looks fab! I’m here for Penelope and Honour! Cutie pies!

4. Kitty B. says:

Ms Kerry and Selita were my favorites!

I’ve said it before and will say it, I will NEVER like that cut on Alicia, its time for a weave or to grow it, just doesnt suit her.

@Sun.kissed I completely agress! When I read the article about her and her new title I gave both a MAJOR side eye…

5. mamareese says:

Kourtney!!!! Put something on that babies arms!!! How you got on a jacket and she doesn’t???? I tell you Hollywood folks just treat they poor baibes like accesories sometimes. DSS….DSS!!!!

6. DannielleS says:

Love Rihanna! Selita’s makeup is bomb!!!

7. Tammy M. says:

I hate when birds come home to roost. Dang, can a sista shine. It is clear some folks don’t work in a creative business field and have no clue what the job entails. But when you want to hate so much, @sun.kissedof8ty4Vintage, a prime numero uno example, you will not google to get full details.

Celebs are not just their primary job, can a chick get a side gig. Some of us have mastered the art of juggling multiple gigs successfully.

Great for you Alicia!

8. Roco Coco says:

A lot of these ladies really missed the mark…
    Not Kerry’s best style moment-that dress is a snooze; Selita needs to lose the jacket; Rosario looks Crazy with Cap “C” in that cheap HS prom dress; Regina’s look is too old for her; Catherine Zeta, just no; and Zoe needs a house to haunt.

Everyone else looked pretty good!

9. bella says:

“Also, she looks like a lesbian on her wedding day in that suit and with that hair.”

DEAD! I don’t get why they would appoint her as the creative director though. seriously what is she wearing? blackberry will still be a flop tbh

Angela is serving though!

10. nia says:

if yall dont do anything else please visit kid furys website and get into those comments about Alicia lol

11. Mrs Windy city says:

@sun.kissed of 8ty4 Vintage
    thought the same thing on her position with BB. They need to hang it up, they are 2 years behind on technology…she will not “influence” anyone to give up their droids nor iphones

12. lmonroedivine says:

Lol @ KBS! That must have be Swizz’s idea. Remember when he was the creative director of Rebook? No…oh.

Anyway Selita looks amaze as does Ms. Ruby Dee.

13. Claire says:

I’m here for Ruby Dee

14. I actually don’t think anything is wrong with Alicia keys outfit, I love the masculine look on women… It is not about wearing mini shirts and crop tops all the time. She obviously means business and needs no distraction with what she has on, her outfit shouldn’t be the table topic of directing.

15. @Tammy M. have a seat. No one is hating on Alicia Keys. She only got the position because of her celebrity. Let’s not sit here and act like she didn’t. That job could have gone to someone with actual experience and or went to school for it. I have an opinion and so do you, but don’t get mad when the majority agrees with me. And watch who you’re calling a bird. Don’t fuck with the Falcon if you can’t fly!

16. Rae says:

Selita though!

17. Bajan Candy says:

@ sun.kissed of 8ty4 Vintage – Dang tell ‘em why you mad son!!!! LOL Mrs. Ruby does look nice!

18. Dobe says:

Selita, Mama Ruby Dee, Catherine ZJ, and Nicole Richie… c’mon now, ladies! Give it to ‘em!

19. Cookies says:

Please bury the word skewed! Please! It’s so overused on here!

20. michezulu says:

Please bring Solo back. We haven’t had our dosage in a while.

21. Larry says:

June looks awful.

Rih Rih, Selita, Nicole, and Mama Ruby looked fierce.

22. fav1 says:

I met Ruby Dee a few years ago in the shoe department at Saks and I almost cried lol, she was soooo sweet and I NEVER approach stars. She was stylish then and still is! Go head Mrs. Dee!

23. Yashi says:

Let me tell you something RUBY DEE did it for me baby YES!!! She narrates the heck outta Bet-T and CO-retta!!

(Bet-T and CO-retta are pronounced just like you see them:))