January 31st, 2013
Beyonce, Fashion, Fashion News, Obama Family
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Beyonce-Super-Bowl-promo
• We’re now a few short days away from the Super Bowl, and after sharing tons of behind-the-scenes photos on her Tumblr, Beyoncé decided to take it a step further by releasing a video shot on day 1 of rehearsals.

Here’s what I was able to gather from that short clip; expect to see Single Ladies (of course), Crazy in Love (duh!), Baby Boy, and I am getting a little bit of End of Time. All the speculation will soon end, as she is set to take the stage on Sunday. You ready? (Beyoncé)

karl-lagerfeld-karl-who-bag

• While the majority of the world gagged with envy when First Lady Michelle Obama revealed her freshly chopped ‘do, it turns out not everyone was a fan. The ever vocal Karl Lagerfeld recently shared his thoughts on Mrs. Obama’s new look. “I don’t understand the change of hair … Frankly, the fringe was a bad idea. It’s not good,” he said in an interview for France’s Canal Plus.  He went on to add that she looks like, “une speakerine de LCI,” which translates to “She looks like a news anchor.”  Ouch. He did, however, say he adores her, so make of it what you will. Naturally, I’m assuming she is unbothered either way, because not only does she seem more confident than ever, but her husband (you know, the leader of the free world), has publicly declared his fondness for his wife’s latest hairstyle. Sorry, Karl. (Huff Post)

dkny-spread
•  Opening Ceremony and DKNY are collaborating on a limited capsule collection featuring signature pieces from DKNY’s early Nineties looks. It will consist of 15 pieces, which will be made available at Opening Ceremony stores in New York, Los Angeles, London, and  Tokyo, as well as openingceremony.us on Friday, reports WWD“DKNY was a pioneer of streetwear fashion in the Nineties. We have been longtime fans of the brand and were very excited to bring back select, quintessential styles that feel fresh even today.” said  Opening Ceremony cofounder Carol LimJane Chung, executive vice president of design for DKNY, spoke on the collaboration with the retailer saying, “Their unique and creative point of view mixed with Nineties throwbacks are very reminiscent of DKNY’s core DNA.  They were a natural partner to reissue iconic styles from our early years.” (WWD)

• Hand-me-downs? Pfft! Not for Kim Kardashian and Kanye West’s baby! While visiting Jimmy Kimmel Live , Kim revealed it’s highly unlikely her baby will be inheriting much clothing from sister Kourtney‘s kids. “I think she has a few key pieces, but if anyone knows Kanye, they just know how into fashion he is, and I think he’s going to have things, like, specially made. I don’t think hand-me-downs are going to work.”  By a show of hands, who is surprised? (The Cut)
Dark-and-lovely-collaborates-with-bets-rip-the-runway
• Dark and Lovely is now partnering with BET’s Rip the Runway to encourage women to “Rip the Runway Everyday”, by entering to win accessories and watching Rip the Runway on March 20th. 50 winners will randomly be selected on March 31st, with the grand prize winner taking home a luxury handbag. The runners-up will be walking away with premium handbags and contemporary clutches. This year the hosts will be Kelly Rowland and Boris Kodjoe, with a runway appearance from  Dark and Lovely’s Bria Murphy. They had me at “Boris” to be quite honest! I’ll be tuning in, will you? For full details and to enter the contest, head here. (Fashion Bomb Inbox)

•Are you excited for Rihanna’s River Island collection? Take a behind-the-scenes look at what she has on tap. She says, “The collection is casual, it’s chic, it’s flirty. I want it to be for all body types. I want all types of girls to really want to wear this and feel comfortable in it and still feel edgy. I wanted character to come out in the clothes without trying too hard. It’s just simple.” What do you think? (Fashion Bomb Inbox)
~Cliché

20 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Beyoncé Releases Super Bowl Rehearsal Video, Karl Lagerfeld is Not a Fan of First Lady Michelle Obama’s Bangs, and Dark and Lovely Collaborates With BET’s Rip the Runway”

1. Can’t wait for Beyonce’s Superbowl performance! I will definitely be tuning in. Karl needs to sit is old bitter crusty behind down somewhere. All he does is talk chit. Some one needs to check him into Shady Acres like now!

2. KBS says:

By a show of hands, who cares what that baby is wearing?

I’m not at all a Beyonce stan but I’ve got my wings on defrost waiting for the game and halftime. I hope she kills it. I also hope she is wearing pants for once, but if I were a betting woman, I’d say no.

3. Hmmmm says:

Karl needs to have a seat for eternity for coming at the FLOTUS like that! \_ \_\_\_\_\_\_ Have all the seats at the Champs-Élysées Karl!

4. Crystal says:

I love the FLOTUS like a favorite Aunt but I don’t like the bangs either. He didn’t tell her to go to he11, he just said he doesn’t like the hair. Geesh. Kourtney and Kim were cute in that interview.

5. jbrizzy says:

Ill tune in to rip the runway, but it has been done to death

6. Sandra says:

I love me some uncle Karl. He is not a bad guy, it is just the way he say things.

7. ladyluo says:

I love the FLOTUS too but I agree with Karl on those bangs. Though I don’t get the news anchor bit

8. smv says:

Flotus is young and fashionable, so people are always going to have an opinion about what she wears, her hair… i dont see anything wrong with anyone expressing an opinion about a HAIRSTYLE.. Its just that a hairstyle.. Maybe i would care if she went natural and someone said something bad about her hair… that would be upsetting.

9. DarkEmpress says:

I Love Shelly O too, but I dislike the bangs. Why mess with a good thing. Her old style was great?

10. s says:

Whether you like the First Lady’s bangs or not is irrelevant. The bottom line is we don’t need the opinion of an old “looks like Death warmed over twice and then a third time for good measure” fashion designer. His comment borders on insulting. I’m sure Mrs. Obama could care less about what he says, which is a good thing. However I say, Karl why don’t you put a brush through that “bird’s nest” ponytail you got going on first, then let’s chat about somebody else’s hairstyle.

11. hipchick says:

I don’t understand why ppl are upset by Karls comment, that was his opinion…and to be honest she does look like a news anchor to me also

12. Serenity says:

I don’t think an old man should wear a pony tail. THAT’S RIGHT!!! No one asked me! He mad because she doesn’t wear his clothes….

13. fav1 says:

Karl who? cute bag lol. I keep hearing there will be a football game at the Beyonce concert (my team died a while ago so I could careless) Halftime will be good knowing Bey! she gives a show!

14. hotmama says:

I ams os tired of these “celebrity” chicks trying to design clothes. Very, very few of them are even worth paying attention to. I think they do a disservice to the real designers who are struggle to make a name for themselves. Rihanna had a stylist and that stylist put her on the map, when she left Rihanna’s style went down the toilet and now she thinks she can offer something…whatever. Please save your money and put in it savings, pay off some bills but don’t waste you hard earned cash on this garbage….

15. hotmama says:

These “celebrities” are NOT designer and have very little style, that is why they have stylist. Only a few have proven themselves the rest a absolute garbage. Rihanna needs to take a seat, she has NO style and got rid of the best stylist she ever had. I wouldn’t waste my money on the HOT GARBAGE. Save your money, pay some bills but don’t waste your cash on this mess

16. tt says:

chile, karl needs to shut it down…asap! nobody & i do mean nobody gives a flip about what his shriveled up ass has to say about mrs. o’s bangs. he has nerve to talk about her hair when he comes out of the house on the daily w/that frizzy, stringy, messy, fly away ponytail. gtfohwtbs karl!

17. Bhud says:

funny… was just in a conversation with several people and we (well, they) unanimously decided Mrs. O’s bangs gets a big “F”.

18. McKenzie says:

I love how we try to dictate to famous women how they need to wear their hair because we love it so. I see it all the time with Rihanna too, with people saying she should always rock the black pixie. Are they not normal women like everybody else, who get bored with their hair from time to time and want to try something new and different? Let them live!

19. Fifi says:

Beyonce is bad! Cant wait for her performance. Her eyebrows in that picture though….not the feel.

20. s says:

these comments are hilarious…i love it!