January 31st, 2013
Cool Online Find, Shopping
Cool Online Find: Shop Akira

Have you heard of ShopAkira.com? The Chicago based e-store has a large selection of eye catching, affordable pieces, perfect for the trendy fashionista.

Amazon Mesh Back Dress, $30

Amazon Mesh Back Dress, $30

Ombre Skinny Denim, $37

Ombre Skinny Denim, $37

Tribal Printed Sleeveless Dress, $50

Tribal Printed Sleeveless Dress, $50

With most separates ringing in at under $75, you won’t have to worry about buyer’s remorse.

Space Continuum Dress, $43

Space Continuum Dress, $43

Cathedral Print Tank, $17

Cathedral Print Tank, $17

Floral Slit Neon Blazer, $50

Floral Slit Neon Blazer, $50

Aside from cute and affordable separates, they also have tons of fun shoe styles if you’re in the mood to spend a bit:
Jeffrey Campbell Donata Shoes, $229

Jeffrey Campbell Donata Shoes, $229

Julian Hakes Mojito Shoe in Electric Blue & Fuchsia, $220

Julian Hakes Mojito Shoe in Electric Blue & Fuchsia, $220

Jeffrey Campbell Neutra in Black Suede, $120

Jeffrey Campbell Neutra in Black Suede, $120

They also have loads of accessories for those adventurous spirits.
Spike Plated Hat, $70

Spike Plated Hat, $70

Pyramid Spike Stacked Ring Set in Gold, $13

Pyramid Spike Stacked Ring Set in Gold, $13

Headband Turban in Ebony, $17

Headband Turban in Ebony, $17

Parvati Sunburst Clutch in Cobalt, $45

Parvati Sunburst Clutch in Cobalt, $45

What do you think?
If you like what you see, purchase all of the above at ShopAkira.com.

Posted In
20 comments

20 Responses to “Cool Online Find: Shop Akira”

1. Lil says:

Looks like it’s a really nice site. Love the spiked hat!

If you are in Chicago you must go visit the stores! They have several locations in the city! I love the employees as well everyone is always so nice! They also throw some of the best gatherings… love, love, LOVE Akira!

3. Mrs Windy city says:

@Anonymous was about to say the same thing! Yes Akira fashion shows are thee bomb…. they have taken the Chi over

4. LawyerLady says:

Claire! You have your finger on the pulse! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Akira – hands down one of my fav boutiques! Just so my other fashion bombers know – they have a wide range of styles, classic pieces, affordable prices. I got my good eye on you Claire!

5. Akira used to be one of my favorite stores. Now I definitely have to make sure I visit the new location within the next week.

6. Kitty B. says:

The above the comments have me very intrigued! And the mojito shoe is…how do you say…interesting? o_O

7. Faith says:

LOVE Shop Akira!

8. Kitana says:

Yes! Have been shopping here for years. Several stores in the city…

9. jeda says:

love the Cathedral Print Tank!

10. soon2Bmrs says:

Coming from a Chicagoan…..I always shop at Akira! Very fashion foward & affordable.

And they just built one in Hyde Park for my South Siders :)

Darn you, Claire! You’ve exposed Akira to the masses lol

12. Choco aka Hipppie says:

LOL at Im OLD I will be visiting the website!

13. Choco aka Hipppie says:

I visited the site and I’m no longer impressed!

14. c says:

Also from Chicago and I’ve never been that impressed. Very on trend yes, but the quality and price is not that great to me.

15. Margo says:

Some of my best pieces are from Akira! Def one of the highlights of my move to Chicago last summer.

16. DEBZ says:

I’ve shopped them online and in Chicago. My bestie in Chicago put me onto them bout 5 years ago. Super cute stores!!

Instagram: DEBZDACELEB

17. Maya says:

I’m with anonymous… When I first saw Claire had spotted our gem, I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOO!! But luckily I don’t really shop online and have lots of actual stores to go into so, I’m not too worried.

18. Micah says:

Noooooooo she has told our secret! Lol luckily (for us who like to keep our great finds a secret) but unfortunately for others the online store serves Akira no justice! They have great pieces for absolutely any occasion. I have been shopping here for years and don’t see myself stopping any time soon.

19. Among these all, i like women specially Julian Hakes Mojito Shoe in Electric Blue & Fuchsia because of its design and fancy color. Nice done.