January 29th, 2013
Celebrity Style, Mary J. Blige, Nicki Minaj, Who Wore it Better
By Faith

Mary J. Blige made an appearance on Good Morning America in the same $1,963 Roberto Cavalli Printed Silk Twill Jacket Nicki Minaj wore just this weekend.
Who Wore It Better-0129-Mary J. Blige vs. Nicki Minaj in Roberto Cavalli’s Printed Silk Twill Jacket
While Mary paired her jacket with a white ribbed a-line dress, gold oversized hoops, and red lips, Nicki skewed more casual in a leopard captain’s hat, Timberland boots, and the look’s matching printed pants.

The jacket has buttoned cuffs and a single button closure.

Neither look is my cup of tea, but I actually prefer Nicki’s look here. Not that I would ever pair Timbs with a Cavalli suit, but you know how the rich live! Mary’s white dress doesn’t provide the anchor that the printed jacket needs: almost any other color would have been a better pairing.

What do you think? Who wore it better?

mary-j-blige-good-morning-america-roberto-cavalli-printed-silk-twill-jacket

Nicki Minaj's Jimmy Kimmel Live Roberto Cavalli Suit

mary-j-blige-good-morning-america-roberto-cavalli-printed-silk-twill-jacket-1

Nicki Minaj's Jimmy Kimmel Live Roberto Cavalli Printed Suit

9 Responses to “Who Wore It Better? Mary J. Blige vs. Nicki Minaj in Roberto Cavalli’s Printed Silk Twill Jacket”

1. KBS says:

“Nicki skewed more casual in a leopard captain’s hat, Timberland boots, and the look’s matching printed pants.”

Faith surely you jest? That whole sentence is an oxymoron. I can’t see Mary’s H2T look, but I like what I see more.

2. jeda says:

Even Mary’s face look like “why yall comparing me to this girl?” lol. I do prefer the jacket paired with the pants, but Nicki is a mess.
    Blessings

3. Nicki takes it. Mary looks like she realized she needed a jacket on the way out and grabbed the first things she saw that ‘matched.’

4. K says:

Nicki makes everything look like a damn costume. I can’t stand that.

5. kay says:

I’m gonna go with Nicki. If mary would have paired the jacket with some cute cropped pants that would’ve been cute. i’m not feeling the dress. Nicki’s rocking the jacket better.

6. binks says:

LOL Jeda! I say Mary and the model, sorry but Nikki make the suit looks like pj’s for some reason.

7. mamareese says:

I know Mary hates that she and Nicki have the same jacket….I bet somebody stylist is getting laid out for that one……

8. Dobe says:

LOL @ Jeda! Mary def wears it better.

9. Oh says: