January 29th, 2013
Fashion, Fashion News, Rihanna
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

The Fashion Bomb News Break Down-1129-Emilio Pucci Designs Rita Ora’s Radioactive Tour Costumes, Win A Chance To Meet Rihanna, and Opening Ceremony x Havaianas Celebrate Anniversaries With Limited Edition Flip Flops

• Rita Ora kicked off her Radioactive tour in Manchester last night, outfitted by none other than Emilio Pucci.
rita-ora-emilio-pucci-radioactive-costume

emilio-pucci-designs-rita-ora-radioactive-costumes

emilio-pucci-radioactive-design
Creative director Peter Dundas said,  “I was thrilled to design the costumes for Rita’s ‘Radioactive Tour’, from the moment I met Rita we’ve had a great connection and doing something like this together felt like only a natural progression. The costumes have impact and flamboyance in a way that feels personal to Rita whilst staying true to the Emilio Pucci aesthetic.”  What do you think of the designs?

•  Opening Ceremony and Havaianas have teamed up to create limited edition flips exclusively sold in the United States, to help celebrate their 10th and 50th anniversaries, respectively. In a short film directed by Bruce Thierry, Opening Ceremony founder, Humberto Leon discusses when he discovered Havaianas, and how bringing it back to the states resulted in a “Beach In The City” vibe. (Fashion Bomb Inbox)

win-a-chance-to-meet-rihanna

• Here’s your chance to meet Rihanna! While her River Island collection will globally hit stores on March 5th, Ri Ri will be in London at the 301 Oxford Street store the night before for an exclusive launch. While there, the singer is giving 20 fans the opportunity to not only meet her, but shop the collection before everyone else. The best part? The competition is open to all countries! Get full details and sign up here. (River Island)

justin-timberlake-sag-awards-red-carpet

• Surprise, surprise! Justin Timberlake and Tom Ford are collaborating (As if him being decked out in the designer’s duds in his lyric video, and Jay-Z’s name drop weren’t indicator enough). The pair are working collectively to “create the refined style” featured on JT’s latest album, The 20/20 Experience, reports the LA Times. Ford spoke on the collaboration saying, “I adore Justin. He has innate style and enormous talent. It has been such a pleasure and honor to work with him throughout this entire creative process.” While we’re still uncertain of what this teaming up fully entails, I do like what I’ve been seeing so far. (Fashionista)

• Remember Kris Humphries? The guy who is currently married to Kim Kardashian? Yeah, him. His sister, Kaela Humphries, is a gorgeous plus-size model who just became the face of Evans; an American clothing line that features clothing from size 10-28. “The one style rule I live by is I like to wear the clothing that looks best on me and fits the most. Comfort is super important to me,” she says in the video. I can’t argue there! (HuffPost)

~Cliché

11 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Emilio Pucci Designs Rita Ora’s Radioactive Tour Costumes, Win A Chance To Meet Rihanna, and Opening Ceremony x Havaianas Celebrate Anniversaries With Limited Edition Flip Flops”

1. How are they gonna have a contest open to all countries to meet Rihanna and travel is not included in the price. How wack are they?

2. KBS says:

I agree with sun.kissed.

Did Justin get a perm??

3. jbrizzy says:

Emilio Pucci designing for Rita Ora? There really are trying hard for this girl to catch on huh? @sunkissed I agree. That’s very cheap if them

4. Lioness says:

travel not included! wth??!

5. Sabrina says:

I can’t believe travel is not included. That’s ridiculous. Rita’s tour costumes look so cheap. She wore some of them with Jordan’s (of course) and they all look horrible on stage. The sketches are nice so I don’t understand why it looks so bad on stage.

6. jboogie says:

i have not heard one single song from rita ortiz. lucky girl then.

7. jboogie says:

opps…Ora, see who is she.

8. d says:

i’m stunned Rita has enough material to even have a concert!! Maybe she has some “overseas” hits that didn’t make it across the pond….

9. Mesa says:

Apparently she had some hits over there in her home town. She tried it over here….and failed. I still think she’s cute though.

10. Monica says:

She has 3 numb 1 singles and a numb 1 album that has gone platinum. She has released 2 songs in the US that both went numb 1 on the dance chart. She is miles ahead of rihanna at the same points in her career, so please stop acting like she’s a flop.
    I like a couple of pieces from the Pucci collection ie the metallic ad the gold which glows in the dark. The cape thingy and gold I dont like. Also loved the ball gown she wore in the the box.

11. Jihan says:

who is this “Peter Dundas” person, I thought Emilio Pucci was the designer at Emilio Pucci?

lol I’m sorry she will nvr live that shit down for me.