January 29th, 2013
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Talesha from Atlanta

Today’s Bombshell is Talesha from Atlanta:
FBDO-012913- Talesha from Atlanta
She says, “My style is classy…”
_0-talesha-from-atl
“…sophisticated”

_02-talesha-from-at
“… and just overall divafied!!”

_000-talesha-atl
“… I am a plus size woman…”
_03-talesha-from-atl
“… and I LOVE to keep myself looking fabulous!!!”

_000-talesha-from-atl
“I’m excited and thank you so much!!”
_05-talesha-from-atl

“I have a vintage resale store, www.divaxpress.storenvy.com, and my blog is www.divaxpress.blogspot.comCurvy and Confident.”

_00-talesha-from-atl

Ok! Some looks are a bit busy for my taste, though you certainly have an eye for color and silhouette.

What do you think?

Posted In
125 comments

125 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Talesha from Atlanta”

1. nicole says:

hold my mule… this is gonna get messy in a few

2. It’s a little too busy for me, but I love her multi colored striped top look the best. A different skirt would have been an A+.

3. DANAE says:

OMG IS THIS A JOKE

4. Fashforward says:

Those are nice houses in the background…..Atlanta’s real estate…*thumbs up* *continues to sip tea*

5. Stephanie says:

I think everything shouldn’t match. Your best look was the brown jacket and jeans. JUST PLEASE STOP MAKING EVERYTHING MATCH!!!!!

6. Ebonylove says:

Oh oh…

7. smv says:

I can tell you love clothes. You are very diva like for sure. A for effort…. we have to worry about the fit of our clothes and the quality of our clothes. i would encourage you to get your basic must haves go as high as you can there- quality and price and then mix it up… with that said the yellow leggings.. dont do that again/ burn em.

8. Scarlet says:

I agree with Stephanie way too matchy for my taste…

9. Wooo Chile!!!!…I will say this I do like the number with the brown floral blazer..

10. Lioness says:

I like the brown outfit and the chartreuse/gray one. Say no to the bright eyeshadow (orange and blue), the shadow shouldn’t reach to the eyebrows.

11. Empress says:

Matchy and all over the place, but I kind if like it. It works for her.

12. jumelle12 says:

OH….

13. nmillmich25 says:

Some nice pieces, but I personally don’t like matchy-matchy outfits. It makes people look basic.

14. KBS says:

Hold my mule?? LMAO, oh boy. I really like those striped wedges. And the Z Phi B dress isn’t that bad it just needs an alternate execution, like place the glitter belt in the far back left of the closet, under a wool sweater and let it stay there for a wee bit.

15. AzizMom says:

Overall, it’s evident you are a stylista however some of these pics should have been left on the edit room floor. The only one doing it for me is the mustard blazer and matching shoes. Hair, bag and accessories look great! I think you found it with blazers. Good job!

16. NellyV85 says:

Sweet baby Jesus be a makeover.

17. luvie says:

Clutches pearls, grabs popcorn.

18. Kia says:

YIKES!!! I would have taken two days worth of yesterdays bombshell over this anyday

Please leave the Claires jewelry in CLAIRES for the middle school girls looking for accessories. It gets under my skin when grown women wear plastic color earrings.

20. Fefe210 says:

ya’ll are harsh. I like that she knows how to dress for her frame/shape. Some outfits were not my taste but the last one is really cute for office/day wear.

21. Erica C says:

1, the brown floral is cute
    2. everything else needs some major editing
    3. it’s ok not to match everything
    4. take 1 accessory off before you leave the house
    5. I’ll be positive and say that in 6-12 months I would like to see you featured again if your style has improved.

22. mamareese says:

Now wait ya’ll……if she were a more petite woman and make up was more muted you all would be all on her train!!!! I like her look cause she’s a big girl and she’s not scared. Better than the past plus sized bombs that have on a bodycon with all they gut hanging out. Speaking of which….stop going to these sites and telling these heifa they look cute!!! You not helping the struggle at all with that ugly lie!!!! Do ya thang girl….from one big girl to another you a BOMB!!!

23. SupaNatural says:

Very basic! She tried :-/… I

24. Curves says:

You can tell she’s from hotmesslanta but i love her confidents!!

25. nike says:

Some people can be so cruel! I like how she finds pieces that accentuate her curves. She looks nice to me and for that I voted bombshell.

26. NicoleS says:

@Curves And where are you from Pre-K??? Its Confidence…smh I cant …

Anywho, umm….some hits, some misses…..that super blue z phi b space ship turbo fit is NOT poppin!

27. Kapri_h says:

Pretty smile. I love that she loves colors!

28. Sha says:

I like that she plays with color, but sometimes less is more. In her case, learning how to accent and coordinate won’t make her look too exaggerated. I would minimize the amount of accessories-it usually doesn’t translate as “classy.”

29. Loni says:

@ Curves hunny you have to spell properly to criticize. OOOh thats a bad look…what is “confidents”?

30. Loni says:

I really tried hard to root for her but its very 90′s and i’m a girl that loves prints and blazers. IN MODERATION. Whew lawd that was alot to take in :-(

31. Prettigyrl78 says:

bless her heart for submitting photos…

32. Pinky says:

I think your matchy-matchy accessories and eye makeup are cheapening your looks.
    I really like your floral blazer outfit with the jeans, i also like the watercolor print 1 with the all black outfit, minus the floppy blue hat.

33. Pinky says:

all that matching is the main problem. blue and silver dress with blue and silver shoes with bule bracelet with silver earing with silver belt with blue and silver eyeshadow. and you did that with EVERY outfit. thats your main issue here

34. RKW_love says:

I really wanted to like it but…I couldn’t find a single outfit that I enjoyed. She is definitely a beautiful lady, but something just didn’t work for me…Just took another look and the last outfit gets an ok but it doesn’t wow me. She does a fantatasic job fitting her body type just with the wrong color combinations or something.

35. bajan candy says:

Okay, after @Curves said “confidents” I had to stop. She looks okay, nothing special- I do love that clutch in the picture with the *ahem* brown beret. That last picture w/the body con skirt is half way cute too.

36. J. Nicole says:

I think outfits 2, 4, & 7 are very flattering and looks great on her. The rest is fairly colorful, but she seems like she has the personality to pull it off. To each is own so if she feels good, thats all that matters

37. This is too busy for me.

38. Brittany says:

Her style is kinda country or southern, but I don’t think it is as bad as the votes are letting on. She dresses her body well and I like some of her pieces individually. She should try mixing it up a little and not matching everything from head to toe. I’d nix the frosty eye shadow as well. It dates her.

she did okay it was very slight for a curvy woman however she kind of makes people from down south look bad with all the matching colors and strip shoes… to bama like

40. Taneica says:

Oh. Sigh. Ok :-/ I’m at a loss. I’ll say this though. She wears her confidence well.

41. TheMrs says:

I stopped at Divafied…

42. Jazz says:

I don’t understand why this has to be a southern thing? I’m from the south and everybody doesn’t dress like this. Nice looking girl just to matchy and a slight tacky.

43. Liz says:

I came for the comments…

44. ugk says:

I refuse to take this entry serious. However different strokes for different folks… ( i am one of those different folks) ::coversfaceinshame:: Claire Darling, you are Absolutely wrong for this one honey *snickers* …

Quick Question, is that blue outfit a plus-size power ranger outfit. I can’t

45. formerGApeach says:

before looking at the location, i can always tell if someone is from atlanta or georgia or the south on these things. the style is always so deliberate and forced. yes, this isn’t a southern thing, but let’s be honest, most southern women dress like this.

46. Showing some Luv for my Fellow BLM Girl! Luv it Talesha!

47. DIVA says:

I cant…. so I won’t…. I will give her an A+++++ for her confidence

48. Natasha says:

The last outfit is okay for her frame and coloring while not taking the matching theme too far.

49. Elle says:

I looked on her blog and she has some fashion sense, but I think that she is just trying to match everything. Plus, she seems to be trying to look younger, which actually is making her look older. I loved the lime blazer look. She seemed to be confident in that look (plus her hair looked fab there). Hair can make or break an outfit!