January 28th, 2013
Celebrity Style, Fashion, Hot or Hmm, Kerry Washington
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Happy Monday, Fashion Bombers! This weekend was pretty eventful with the Screen Actor’s Guild Awards, Trumpet Awards, and a host of other events. Fortunately, the celebrity stock brought it in the fashion department!

Weekend Hot or Hmm- 012813
Let’s take a look:

kerry-washington-sag-awards-2013Kerry Washington took the SAG awards red carpet in a stunning “Olivia Pope white” (her words) Rodarte gown. Simply gorgeous!

frieda-pinto-dev-patel-sag-awards-2013While I’m not sold on the haircut,  Freida Pinto‘s hot-pink Roland Mouret gown looks fantastic against her skin, no?  The actress attended with boyfriend Dev Patel, who looked quite strapping himself.

rocsi-diaz-sag-awards

Rocsi Diaz was also invited. The new Entertainment Tonight co-host chose a peachy black lace-embroidered Mandalay gown for the occasion. The look leans a little suburban prom-ish for me, but Ms. Diaz looks pretty.

shaun-robinson-sag-awards-2013

I’m kind of loving Shaun Robinson‘s pleated turquoise and rose Rani Zakhem gown. I’m digging the gratuitous swath of pink cloth adding drama to her look!
maria-menunos-sag-awards-2013

Maria Menounos couldn’t not give us a backshot with this low-slung draped back Randi Rahm gown. Owww!
alfre-woodard-sag-awards-2013

Alfre Woodard chose this draped chartreuse Kevan Hall number for the night. Love her look, but perhaps she should have opted for closed-toed shoes instead?
naya-rivera-sag-awards-2013

Naya Rivera bet on black in a beautiful Donna Karan gown. This girl can do no wrong in my book!justin-timberlake-sag-awards-red-carpet

Justin Timberlake, still on his suit and tie ish, looked dapper in a silken Tom Ford number. I’m digging the slickback too! Sharp!

viola-davis-sag-awards-2013

Viola Davis, can you not? I mean, the woman always gets it right– beautiful Monique Lhuillier gown, beautiful color, hair looking luxurious, skin without flaw. Might as well just pack up and go home, foks! Auntie Vi is slaying these girls!

ashley-madekwe-pre-sag-party

Ashley Madekwe looked predictably adorable at the pre-SAG Awards party. The Revenge actress rocked a dress from Monique Lhuillier‘s Spring 2013 collection for the occasion.

odain-watson-pre-sag-partySinger Odain Watson did not skimp on the foundation… or the teeth whitening treatments. Those chompers are blinding, to say the least!
producers-guild-awards-ming-aoki-lee-russell-simmons

Russell Simmons attended the Producer’s Guild Awards with his two gorgeous daughters, Ming Lee and Aoki as his dates! They’re growing up so nicely!

kerry-washington-producers-guild-awards-2013

As she is wont to do, Kerry Washington taught the kids a thing or two down in a black strapless gown from Marchesa at the Producer’s Guild Awards. Loving that wine-colored lip!

jessica-alba-producers-guild-awards-2013BAM! Jessica Alba got it right in an Elie Saab Couture gown, Casadei heels, and look-at-me hot pink lip!
alicia-keys-swizz-beatz-nrj-music-awards

Alicia Keys looked sleek and chic at France’s NRJ awards in a Michael Kors cutout gown. I’m also loving Swizz’s getup– minus the button down. Werque!

fantasia-barrino-trumpet-awards-2013

Fantasia Barrino was in rare form at this weekend’s Trumpet awards, looking rather put together in a floor-lentgth white cutout gown. I’m choosing not to comment on the shoes and that woeful hairdo.
eva-marcille-trumpet-awards-2013

Eva Marcille kept it a little too simple in a side-slit long sleeved black gown. Nothing to see here, kids!

tika-supter-trumpet-awards-2013

Something about Tika Sumpter‘s leather-and-tulle gown is giving me a matronly vibe.
chaka-kahn-trumpet-awards-2013

You shall not question the sartorial choices of Queen Mother Chaka Kahn.

serena-williams-shopping-whoh
Lastly, Serena Williams partook in a little retail therapy this weekend, pairing a short, red skater dress with a pair of Nike kicks. If anything says Rih Rih taught me, it’s this look!

And there you have it! Who had your favorite looks this weekend?

~Jihan

Images: Zimbio

39 Responses to “Weekend Hot! or Hmm…: The 19th Annual Screen Actor’s Guild Awards, The 2013 Trumpet Awards, Alicia Keys, and More!”

1. bella says:

serena……………….

-_-

should have ended the post on a happier note lmao

2. Sarah says:

Serena….the dress with the sneakers…. a no no~!!!

3. Faith says:

Serena looks cute, ya’ll better stop hating! lol i’m here for Justin Timberlake. Most everyone looks fab though!

4. mary says:

i cant w/ serena and the jordans and those sunglasses stuck in the matrix of that ratchet sew in. she looks extra strong. law help me why cant these girls get the hair right??? they are super rich!

5. niksmit says:

Serena’s look does not say RihRih taught me to me–it says “I wear skirts and sneakers on the court and I’ll do it on the street too.”

I really wish the more saturated hue from Ashley Madekwe’s dress was used instead of the pastel on the dress on Viola Davis. Then it would have been perfection on her in my eyes. But it was still great on her.

6. Viola Davis is such a beautiful woman love her..Jessica Alba and Fantasia really stepped their games up!!!!Serena legs look like they can crush a watermelon!!!

7. I almost thought I was going to get to say that everyone looks great until I got to homebody in the Thriller jacket. It was down hill from there. Stand outs-Kerry, Fantasia and Viola. I can’t with Sarena and those Jordans. She could have put on a ballet flat.

8. Whatevs says:

Kerry in black=great….that Odain fella…yikes

9. Kahalia says:

Serena is a perfect example of a trend gone wrong. You must dress to complement YOUR body. It doesn’t matter what you like. It may not work for you. This playful cute look doesn’t work for how muscular and fit her shape is. She has to realize everything is not going to work for her.
    Serena’s body is healthy and strong, but it is not made for this look.

10. Marsha says:

Not sure if it will change anyone’s mind, but I think Serena is nursing an injury, hence the sneakers.

11. Kitty B. says:

Serena looks horrible and draggigs, sorry! Ashley is too cute….and Ms. kerry is serving!

12. Taj says:

Viola, Jessica, Kerry, Alicia, and Naya look gorgeous.

13. kerry washington’s bangs are gorgeous! serena :-(

14. Noirre says:

Viola is beautiful!

15. Lauren says:

I didnt even notice what Serena was wearing! Her arms and calves are crazy!

16. Loni says:

Serena is rarely fashionable so I don’t know why anyone is shocked. Anyhow Kerry Washington and Jessica Alba look gorgeous. However, Justin Timberlake is hot hot hot!

17. ebz says:

Serena needs to chill on the weights

18. Soul Touch says:

Love Justins suit

Viola – that colour is beautiful

At the end of the day, Kerry really pulled it off for me at both events.

19. loverly says:

Two questions:

1. Who permed Justin’s hair?
    2. Why does Russell’s daughter have boobs already?

I’m old.

20. Mely B says:

Viola looks stunning! I wish you’d added a pic or two of Teyonah Parris – she too rocked her NATURAL hair & looked gorgeous.

21. Hunnykelow says:

YES JUSTIN I FEELIN IT..

22. Sandra says:

Serena and Odain watson look a hot mess. With all the money she has, I know she can hire someone that can help her find clothes that fit a muscular body. I really can’t with her hair either.

23. lola says:

I came on this post for Viola and Viola only she looks immaculate from head to toe her skin is ahmazing. She can do no wrong in my eyes

24. Kristiweb says:

Just a note, Serena sprained the hell out of her ankle in her last match. That miiiiight just have something to do with the sneakers. Feel free to continue to tear her down.

25. Mely B says:

co-signing @Kristiweb – I don’t see anything wrong with Serena’s look except for her hair – it hurt MY feelings to read a few comments so I stopped but…if it was Rih or Bey it’d be “so cute” or “where can I cop that?”

26. Dom says:

Ashley, Kerry in the Marchesa, and Viola! Yes, yes, YES!

I’m also digging Serena’s casual vibe! Cute!

27. Viola and Kerry both look pretty.

28. Meh says:

idk what you’re on but fantasia looks great with that hair and the shoes.

29. Carmen says:

Kerry Washington looks amazing! Always flawless!!

30. TAMMY M says:

Fanny looks fab and fit. Viola slayed along with miss Kerry, Naya, and Alfre.

Serena could have chosen a better look, sprained ankle aside, some shorts would have faired better on her physique.

31. lmonroedivine says:

i love kerri’s black look. i like when she keeps it sassy. She sort of gets lost when she goes conservative like the white dress. i want to like Fanny’s look but the shoes make me a little sad. I live for ming lee

32. KDiana says:

I come to FBD just for the comments! You all are so funny!

33. binks says:

No mention of Teyonah Parris? Sista SLAYED on the red carpet and was one of the few that ACTUALLY stood out! I wish y’all would have mention her. Fanastia is MUCH improved and looks great. Everybody looked decent but there was no wow here, it was kind of bland and safe.

34. Marsha says:

I was also disappointed not to see Teyonah Parris. Her hair alone made her deserving of a mention!

35. Jei says:

Viola Davis, Jessica Alba && A. Keys look amazing!

36. Feather says:

Who is the hell is dressing and styling Alisha Keys’ hair? Man she needs my phone number to help her out.

37. Aw man says:

@melyb…see @kahalia’s comment. You have to dress for your figure. You cited Rihanna…and you’re probably right because Rihanna has a lithe figure for which a look like this is better suited.

I personally have no problem with her figure or her pairing a dress with kicks especially in light of an ankle injury. I mean her physique is what makes her who she is…a d**** good athlete! Buuuuuut…this is a fashion website, thus people will judge on her outfit, and it’s wrong for her body is all…

38. A says:

Applause for Viola Davis, Naya Rivera, and Jessica Alba looking damn good.. And Ashley Madweke is always cute!
    As for Serena I wish she would have stayed home that day..