January 28th, 2013
Fashion, Fashion News, Rihanna
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• Betsey Johnson will show at New York Fashion Week after all! Though she previously announced that she would be sitting out the Fall/Winter 2013 season to “focus on brand expansion”, which is said to include a new reality show and fragrance, it appears she has now had a change of heart. “I just could not stay away from fashion week. I wanted to do this for myself and for all of my fans to show that I’ve still got it and I am not going anywhere.” Johnson said. Her show is currently scheduled for February 11th at 5p.m at Lincoln Center. (Fashionista)

• Can’t wait to see the product of Rihanna’s River Island collaboration? In the above clip we get a sneak peek at a few of the pieces as RiRi discusses the inspiration for the collection. “My style is inspired by my mood so this collection will have a range of different moods and attitudes and I’m assuming my fans will be the same way. The collection is casual and chic and flirty. I want girls to really want to wear the pieces and feel comfortable, but still feel edgy and I wanted the character to come out in the clothes.” She says. Has she piqued your interest? (Grazia)

mua-mua-dolls

Mua Mua Dolls is giving you the opportunity to own miniature versions of your favorite fashion stars; including Anna Wintour, Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, and more! The dolls are made to capture each “icon’s signature look”, with proceeds going to a philanthropic cause. They were hand-knit by young girls in Bali, who will use the wages earned from sales toward funding a college education. Will you be buying? (E! Online)

Jennifer-Lawrence-Rips-Dior-Dress-at-SAG-awards

• Did Jennifer Lawrence rip her Dior Couture gown at the SAG awards? I clutched my pearls as I watched her make her way to the stage to accept her Lead Actress statue, and half her dress began to part ways with the other half. Marion Cotillard (who was also impeccably dressed in Dior) echoed my sentiments with her reaction. (Styleite)

kate-upton-for-sam-edelman

• While many may claim and complain she is “too obvious” a choice when it comes to modeling, Kate Upton is still making moves. The busty babe just landed her first major ad campaign with Sam Edelman“We chose Kate because she isn’t stick thin. She’s beautiful and all-American.”  said David Lipman, who shot the campaign. Expect to see her in the Spring/Summer 2013 ads and promotional videos. Congrats, girl! (Telegraph)

~Cliché

19 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Betsey Johnson Will Show At New York Fashion Week, Rihanna Talks Inspiration For River Island Collection, and Mua Mua Dolls Create Anna Wintour, Beyoncé, and Lady Gaga Dolls For A Cause”

1. I just curious with the Mua Mua dolls who is the black one suppose to be?

2. peachie says:

no to the dolls. they’re not cute.

3. Soul Touch says:

@Fly ACCESSORIES

LOL I was thinking the same thing. I love me some Bey, but I know it’s not her. lol the light with blond has to be her…but I was wrong, I went on the site and the dark one IS Beyonce. Damn, if they think Beyonce is dark I have news for them.

4. Soul Touch says:

Low and behold, the light one with blond hair is Donatella Versace. lol

5. jbrizzy says:

Why are the Beyonce and jay z dolls that dark? Was thinking about purchasing the Anna wintour doll. But after taking a second look. These dolls are ugly. Now if they made an Anna wintour Barbie……..

6. LawyerLady says:

Those dolls are scary. Poor Jennifer!

7. jbrizzy says:

Why are the Beyonce and jay z dolls so dark? I was gong to purchase the Anna wintour doll. But after a second glance. These dolls are hideous. Now if they made an Anna wintour Barbie……….

8. Kitty B. says:

The dolla are super cute! Perfect for my desk and to add to my collection :)

9. danielle says:

I love kate upton…obvious choice…get out of here with that bs.

10. nmillmich25 says:

Because the dolls were made by kids and they are for a good cause I am going to say YES!

11. DannielleS says:

I’m not too impressed by what I have seen from Rihanna’s line thus far, but it is only the beginning and I am sure she will get better

12. @Soul Touch…the Beyonce doll is a hot mess..its just goes to show how some people still view African American…Beyonce has never been that dark…I thought the Dontella Versace doll was Beyonce but then I thought who’s the black one suppose to be…lol..so I too went to the website and lo and behold! Smh

13. kory conover says:

I’m so happy Betsey will still be showing at Fashion Week. A true legend never dies.

I’m cracking up at those dolls. They’re so cute. Look how dark Beyonces doll is!

Everybody is hating on Kate Upton, but for what? Shes getting paid though, right?

14. Nikki B. says:

Ready to see Rih’s line! Her name is on the line so I’m hoping it’s a success! If its cute I will be purchasing.

15. lmonroedivine says:

I really cannot with that beyonce doll

16. PixieLover says:

What’s shocking is the objection to the dolls based on the “colour”. Why is that objectionable? Just something to think about. Let’s not lose sight of the purpose; I’m pretty sure the little girls in Bali meant no offense. What I would want to know is how much of the 85 pounds will go to them.

no…to the RhiRhi question

18. Talecia says:

Another boring celebrity clothing line. It irritates me when they say “oh I’ve always wanted to design clothes” Ok so if you did why didn’t you go to design school instead? Oh you know why b/c your lying lol It’s just another stream of income for celebs, they have NO passion for it what so ever and they don’t give REAL designers who work there butts off a chance to debut there lines

19. Ronnie says:

Well maybe I may be wrong but the skin color does bother me simply because the world constantly groups our skin color into one, black. We are a range of colors and all should be recognized so as for me, no, I will not by that “Beyonce” doll simply because it doesn’t look like Beyonce. If it was just a rag doll and it had no name I probably would but ,no, u need to find the yarn that looks close to her actual skin color or call that doll another beautiful “black” celebrity women’s name.