January 24th, 2013
Fashion, Fashion News, Fashion Week
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

The Fashion Bomb News Break Down-1124-Tracy Reese Shares Inspiration For Her Fall 2013 Collection, Kate Hudson Designs For Ann Taylor, and Kimora Lee Simmons Says She’s Responsible For The Success Of Celebrity Clothing Lines
• New York Fashion Week is right around the corner, with designers and editors alike scrambling to be properly prepared. In the midst of the madness, a peek  behind-the-scenes is welcomed with open arms. Tracy Reese dished on her upcoming Fall 2013 collection, citing New York’s “harshness and beauty” as points of inspiration.
tracy reese fall 2013 inspiration
Expect to see a combination of sexy silhouettes and rich textures in her soon to be revealed wares. In the meantime, enjoy this sketch; just a taste of what’s to come!

Ann-Taylor-Kate-Hudson

Kate Hudson is will not only be returning as the face of Ann Taylor, but will also be designing a capsule collection; poised for a summer release. The actress worked with the label’s creative director, Lisa Axelson, to create looks ” inspired by her red-carpet style, reinterpreted for everyday occasions.” WWD reports. “Working with Ann Taylor has been a great creative experience, and there is a really wonderful connection,” Hudson said about the collaboration. “Ann Taylor is great at creating iconic wardrobe staples and updating them season after season. I love that Lisa Axelson is designing clothes for real women.” While I’m not too fond of her street style, I do love her red carpet looks. I’ll keep my eye out for this! (WWD)

Justin Timberlake has returned to music in grand style, serving up  grown man swag in the official lyric video for his latest hit Suit & Tie. The video, which premiered earlier this morning, shows Justin getting dressed to the nines in Tom Ford . Shhh! Just watch. (Vevo)

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and

Kimora Lee Simmons
will have you know that she, in fact, is responsible for the success of celebrity clothing lines. In an interview with The Grio she says, “Before us there wasn’t any Beyoncé, there wasn’t Sean John or Justin Timberlake, there wasn’t Jessica Simpson. There wasn’t any of that. We really laid the blueprint for that.One thing I love about myself is this business is that I don’t have to rely on the sales of an album, or my movie being a hit for my clothing to be a hit.”  So now you know exactly who to thank for the oversaturated market! (Miss Jia)

~Cliché

26 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Tracy Reese Shares Inspiration For Her Fall 2013 Collection, Kate Hudson Designs For Ann Taylor, and Kimora Lee Simmons Says She’s Responsible For The Success Of Celebrity Clothing Lines”

1. Annoyingly Right says:

Get over yourself Kimora.

2. Noirre says:

Kimora, please have a seat.

3. Scarlet says:

Kimora sit down… you are not a real celebrity. You married rich and came up off of that nor were you the first person to come out with a line. No one is checking for Baby Phat, Phat Farm, Rush Card, Baby Phat Farm or whatever else you or Russell are selling…Cocky much…?

4. nia says:

just because no ones checking for doesn’t mean it wasn’t influential. she comes off as arrogant but she does deserve some credit

5. sj says:

blank stare @kimora….lol

6. T1K says:

Oh Kimmy…. I still like you tho.

7. Enigma says:

I didn’t listen to the interview but I do believe she does deserve a little recognition. Although, for the most part FBD readers aren’t checking for Baby Phat. BP was only tees before she added other elements to it and helped her “rich husband” grow their empire she could’ve sat back and be a trophy wife!

Kimora, sistren… Let’s not. Please, let’s not.

9. jbrizzy says:

Gotta be honest though. At the time there were no urban clothing lines for women until baby phat came along. She did start that era.

10. J. Nicole says:

Kimora is actually right. Lets not pretend when it first came out we didn’t wear a Baby Phat tee; I know I did. I may be a little older but at that time, “urban” celebrities (both for lack of a better word) were not paying attention to women’s wear until Baby Phat and J. Lo came out with clothes. Then as usual, the mainstream designers stole & benefitted off of it, making us believe those types of clothes are “too ghetto”. So yea, she deserves credit. Even when Jay-Z and Enyce had their women’s velour sweatsuits (which I rocked back in the day), then before you know it, Juicy Couture piggy backed on it.

11. Savage says:

People tend to have amnesia. All those years ago back in the 90′s what black, urban label was there? Esp since Kimora did wear her own line and let us not forget she was a model. So its not like Russell found her working at Church’s chicken and put her on. If you’re over the age of 25 you can remember how hot and influential Baby Phat was. I agree with her. Her and her ex-husband built an empire.

12. RHONYC says:

LMAO @ Savage’s ‘Church’s chicken’
    BWAHAHAHAHAH!
    shout out to Bklyn! :-D

13. LOL @Scarlet, you have to give props where they’re due. Sure she’s full of herself, but Baby Phat did lay the foundation for urban wear, however noobody is checking for those labels anymore, especially since no blacks still own their own lines.

14. LawyerLady says:

I just don’t get Kate Hudson. I mean we already have Drew Barrymore – Kate just seems redundant.
    I’m not mad at Kimora’s success though she earned a major eye roll for those comments.
    I have never been into gold wording and faux fur trimmed puff jackets so I’ve never been a fan of her or any of these urban celebrity lines.

15. kory conover says:

Kimora Lee Simmons, have several seats with your irrelevant ass.

16. Rebecca says:

Baby phat was POPPING back then! Now it’s wack to wear babyphat, fubu, rocawear, enyce, meccA and all that but it was all the rage back in my school days lol. And I’m not even old, I’m 22 but I do see where Kimora is coming from.

17. Gen says:

Kimora is correct about Baby Phat, howev, the line was owned by Russell prior to their marriage. She did lay the foundation for Urban “trends” ; although I did purchase a few BP items myself, I wouldn’t call BP “fashion” , more of the moment. As for celeb clothing lines, prior to Kimora, there was Jacqueline Smith of Charlie’s Angels fame, she introduced a clothing line with Kmart in the late 80′s (I could be wrong about the date, hmm could be prior to that date). Her clothing was based on basics and obviously very low priced. Her line was successful for many years,

18. bajan candy says:

Kimora is OG in this business. No one was doing it for “us” the way Baby Phat was- regarding urban women’s wear, please. ITA w/what she’s saying AND how she said it.

19. rache-yvonne says:

Kimora is right…as a couple of people have already mentioned.

20. Shatema says:

ya’ll are forgetting that kimora has her KLS line and JUSTFAB.COM and she sold Babyphat a long time ago so she is still very much sucessful

21. yusufswifee says:

yes kimora…you are right. I am wearing my KLS diamonds and baby phat outfit right now… NOT!!!

22. blznbrry says:

I can remember how popular Baby Phat and Phat Farm were back in the day and I agree that Kimora and Russel inspired many other “celebrity” fashion houses BUT Kimora should not go around tooting her own horn. Even though certain things may be true, we should just let other people to say them about us. Because saying things like “I’m a legend” “I’m the originator” can easily come across as boastful.

23. Baby Phat and Kimora are a NO for me. Always and forever.

24. shay says:

She’s right tho

25. April says:

I don’t know Kimora but I love Beyonce and I love my Chicos.