January 23rd, 2013
Fashion, Fashion News, Fashion Show, Fashion Week
Fashion News: H&M To Show At Fall 2013 Paris Fashion Week
By Faith

Every season, there are a few shake-ups when it comes to Fashion Week, whether it be designers opting out of runway shows or a new brand taking on the feat of presenting their designs for the world’s editors and bloggers. PFW has always been one of the most exclusive: not keen on just letting any old designer show in the City of Lights without some industry cred to back it up. Well much to my surprise, mass retailer H&M is taking a stab at Fall 2013 Paris Fashion Week, their first mainline collection showing on the runway since 2005:

_00-H&M-To-Show-At-Fall-201
What does the retailer plan to show you might ask? About two dozen looks from its Fall 2013 collection at the famed Musée Rodin, following in the footsteps of fashion houses including Christian Dior and Yves Saint Laurent. “We felt excited about the collection and we really wanted to show it,” said spokesman for the brand Håcan Andersson to WWD.

Steal-Solange-Knowless-HM-Sante-Fe-Grand-Opening-HM-Yellow-Silk-Printed-Blouse-and-Jersey-Pencil-Skirt

H&M joins fast fashion brands including Topshop (which shows its Unique line each season at London Fashion Week) and newcomers Whistles and River Island: the latter which will present its anticipated collaboration with songstress Rihanna at LFW. There’s no telling who will sit front row at the event, but aficionados like Solange Knowles, Kanye West, LaLa Anthony, and Azealia Banks are possible attendees.

Kanye+West+Maison+Martin+Margiela+H+Global+1LNgAZosKphl

Mark your calendars for February 27th as that is when the collection debuts. Stay tuned to the Fashion Bomb for coverage!

Thoughts on H&M showing at Paris Fashion Week?

lala-anthony-nine-wests-project-runway-all-stars-season-2-premiere-new-york-city-hm-dress

10 Responses to “Fashion News: H&M To Show At Fall 2013 Paris Fashion Week”

1. HairOfTheDay says:

H&M are really stepping up their game this year! Can’t wait to see what they’re gonna do at PFW.

2. nmillmich25 says:

hmmmm! I am happy for them! I just hope that they don’t start charging customers “designer prices”…lol

3. COCO says:

I’ve never been a huge fan of H and M….I think their clothes really look cheap and synthetic even their designer collbbos …I much prefer shops like Forever 21 and New Look (in the U.K)

4. RHONYC says:

the H&M model’s hair is to die! ;-)

5. FashionPopRocks says:

I don’t ever comment but this is so backwards to me! Shouldn’t they get an online store up and running before jumping into fashion week? I don’t understand how a store as popular as H&M does not have the option to shop online?! Shoot, Zara finally did it and look at them, they’re #1

6. Fefe210 says:

^ Thank you FashionPopRocks! We don’t have an H&M in
    San Antonio, TX but we see all the commercials. : (

7. Erica C says:

I’m co-signing with FashionPopRocks. Get online shopping first. Sometimes customers just want the little things.

8. TheFav1 says:

I was really surprised that zara got online shopping before H&M. It would make my life easier if they did lol.

9. Ewurafua says:

Just a little insight on how to shop at H&M. I worked with the company for several years before jumping ship to their sister company, COS, so I know a little thing or two.

H&M, has several lines within the brand. There is Trend, Modern Classic, Everyday, Divided Black, Divided Red and L.O.G.G.

The Trend line in my opinion is the best line. The clothes are pricier, but it makes up for it in the quality. Both Solange and LaLa’s outfits are from Trend. For easy identification, Trend pieces are the clothes with the peachy coloured labels. Trend also feature some of the best accessories (esp. Jewellery that H&M has to offer). H&M tries to keep this line somewhat exclusive, so it may be a struggle to find. Even in London, where I live, you will only find Trend in the Knightsbridge, Kensington, Bond St., Selfridges, and Regent St. stores.

Modern Classic is the line dedicated to workwear. It constitutes mainly of pencil skirts, solid coloured blazers, blouses etc. They also come with the silver label.

Divided Black products feature a long thin black label, and are geared towards teenagers, although some of the pieces can appeal to young adults. Between the 2 Divided ranges; the Black label has better quality, although they both have the same price point. Divided Black is also the only H&M label that has summer clothes all year round. Their colour scheme is also very bright.

I personally despise L.O.G.G., so I am not going to delve into it, but I will state that the aesthetic is mainly hobo-ish. It also feature workout gear.

Last but not least, Everday. This is the most commonly available label within the brand, and probably the main reason why some people say H&M looks cheaper. Everyday features the black label and ranges from cosmetics to coats. With Everday, you will find tops that won’t last longer than a season to evening dresses that will be the talking point of a NYE’s party. The price range is also very varied, but generally an indicator of the quality you can expect from the garment.

Sorry for the long post, but I hope this helps people manoeuvre through the somewhat daunting H&M maze.

10. jen says:

Thanks for those details Ewurafua. I like H+M. When i go through their store I see a variety of quality and prices. But I enjoy their store generally speaking. Sometimes their clothes can be VERRRRY plain. I have no problem with them showing at fashion week. I think its a great opportunity for them. Hopefully they do get that online store up and running.