January 23rd, 2013
Celebrity Style, Fashion Bomb 101, Winter Wardrobe
5 Fun Ways to Wear All Black in the Winter

If you’re a New Yorker, you know all black everything is the city dweller’s signature style!
Black on Black is always chic, yes, but it can be boring! By playing with textures and statement accessories, you can inject a bit of fun into the brooding tone.
Take a quick look at how a few of our favorite celebs and personal style bloggers added a funky twist to ebony hues.

1. Play with textures
Kim kardashian fur coat paris
If you take any tip away from this post, it should be this one. Rocking various textures is an easy way to add interest to your outfit. Slip a faux fur coat over a wool dress and suede knee high boots. Velvet, jersey, lace…the sky’s the limit!
melanie-fiona-versace-soho-store-opening-new-yorl-city-velvet-cross-skirt
2. Try a statement shoe
jennifer lopez statement shoes
Both J.Lo and Khloe Kardahian uplifted noir ensembles with spiked Christian Louboutin pumps for outings and appearances.
khloe-kardashian-the-tonight-show-with-jay-leno-kardashian-kollection-ponte-dress-christian-louboutin-bg-11th-anniversary-extreme-highness-spike-pumps
More adventurous? Pluck a pair of vertiginous oeuvre d’arts à la June Ambrose:
june ambrose dsquared boots

3. Add a bright lip
Rihanna Launches New Album "Unapologetic" - Meet and Greet
Sure your outfit can be dull, but that doesn’t mean your makeup has to be! Add a bit of brightness with a pop of a rouge, berry, or pink lipstick.
Tina Knowles Heads to a Business Meeting
4. Patterned Hosiery
kim-and-kourtney-kardashian-kardashian-kollection-dorothy-perkins-launch-london
Wearing a skirt? Make a statement in polka dotted or lacy tights that will keep the cold out while adding a dash of chic.
giovanna battaglia coat-ruffles-black-lace-tights-giovanna-battaglia

5. Layer to the Limit
Rita+Ora+Rita+Ora+Out+London+2+_5URCi4i89dl
Along with rocking different textures, of course layer and layer for loads of warmth. Perch a coat over your shoulders, or wear a furry vest over a leather jacket.
kelaskloset-in-December-issue-InStyle-Magazine-and-DvF-Mongolian-vest-and-hat-06

Blogger Kela of KelasKloset.com

Which look is more your speed?
Be further inspired by these all black sporting Bombshells:
cassie all black fur dress cassie_aka_cassandra_ventura_h

_03-tiffany-from-arizona

Tiffany from The Werk Place

kate moss all black hat
marlo hampton lawrence all black
Khloe_Kardashian_all black patterned pants
black on black
Look-for-Less-Kim-Kardashians-Miami-Leather-Trench-Coat-And-Thigh-High-Leather-Boots

Get even more Style Inspiration with this post: Try a Fall 2012 Trend: All Black Everything.
Street Style Pix: GeekyChic.Ca/Where Did U Get That

18 Responses to “5 Fun Ways to Wear All Black in the Winter”

1. I love all black because it is slimming and gives you an air of magic and power. I recently did a blog post wearing all black by playing with textures and then adding color by rocking some burgundy(ish) tights. I also did full all black with a wide brim hat. I love this post and this brings me a ton more ideas!

Comme Coco

2. Danielle says:

Im from NYC.. all black has always been my thing..black looks good on everybody and is effortless to pull off… but was that Miss Tina Knowles that was pictured under Rihanna in the ” 3.Add a Bright Lip” section? SNATCHED !!!!!!!!!!!

3. I love this post because there are so many wrong ways to wear all black (the seventh photo is definitely borderline disaster)but every outfit works as a really good inspiration.

Mixing textures is what makes any style great, but with all black it adds an element of chic that can’t be over looked. For spring/summer it seems the “it” color to pair up will be all white. That is what I’m reeeeally looking forward to. ;)

4. AzizMom says:

Cool post. Black is always cool.

5. jeda says:

Unfortunately I have suffered 2 deaths in my family in the past 4 months and out of tradition and respect, I have to wear all black for a period of time. I really appreciate this post allowing me to mourn respectfully and fashionably.

Blessings

6. EatStylePlay says:

So sorry to hear that @Jeda…I love that second to last outfit.

Jeda I send my prayers your way. Are you Cape Verdian? That’s is something they practice as well.

8. Wow! I’m so grateful to be on this site yet again! Thank you Fashion Bomb Daily! Just one thing, the link to my site http://www.the-werk-place.com doesn’t seem to be working.

9. binks says:

I had to say that Mrs. Khole was serving it in her pics. Geat tips, though I’am more of a colors and neutrals girl I do like rocking the All black everything from time to time because does make a statement and standout if you do it right.

10. so sorry to hear that @jeda… prayers with you and yours.

11. I’ve been wearing mostly black all winter, thanks for these great tips and ideas. x

12. MissRich.com says:

Love this post!, As a New Yorker this is very prevalent. Actually these are rules I stand by, and you just gave away my secrets!! LOL

13. TheFav1 says:

I wear black a lot! and Yes I live in Brooklyn. Its very slimming but I am very thin…this post showed me to bulk up black by layering it :) thanks :)

14. yusufswifee says:

I love it….I wear so much black and grey my co workers tease me. I gave up trying to leave it alone months ago. so glad its on trend and these ideas are fab

15. Abby says:

Thank you for this post Claire! I wear all black almost every day for work in NY and although it is chic, it can be a bit depressing, now I can spice things up lol.

16. Kéla Walker says:

Thanks for the inclusion in this post Claire!! Love how you showed multiple example for each tip!

Kéla Walker

17. Thank you for adding me to this post. I was drawn to this article to find out different ways to jazz up an all black ensemble and was surprised to see myself here! Thanks again!!

18. Izhause says: