January 22nd, 2013
Beyonce, Fashion, Fashion News, Kanye West, Kim Kardashian
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

_beyhive-blog

• Beyonce disciples fans, rejoice! Your queen is accepting tribute at her soon-to-launch “Beyhive Blog,” The singer made the announcement on her website, saying The Beyhive Blog is my way of showing all the inspiring things I come across every single day,” thus providing more fodder for those who can’t get enough of the diva. The site will also feature “beautiful creations,” made by her devotees: “So many of you are making videos, paintings – I want to show the world what you do and how much I appreciate you.” Might I suggest for a first entry, this beautifully worded ode to the singer’s rousing performance of the National Anthem at yesterday’s Beyoncé concert Inauguration. (Beyoncé)

Kim-Kardashian-Kanye-West-New-Years-Eve

• Dang, Can a guy wear a crystal mask without having his sexuality questioned? Blogger Bryan Boy is the latest person to revive the old “Kanye West is gay” rumor via the magic of social media. The famed fashionisto tweeted, “Wait so Kanye West is gay? He and Riccardo Tisci were former f*ck buddies/lovers? And Kim Kardashian is a beard? Why am I the last to know?” Although his ponderings are unfounded, Bryan Boy alleges that not only is Yeezy into dudes (and carrying on with Riccardo Tisci), but he also says that Kim Kardashian might not even be pregnant. “Immaculate conception, artificial insemination…. for all you know, Kim Kardashian is probably Mama Mary incarnate” Mama Mary? Imagine that! What do you think? Could Bryan Boy’s rumormongering have any validity? (FS Via @Bryanboy)

azzedine-alaiaMarc Jacobs and Alber Elbaz aren’t the only designers making a foray into cosmetics this year. WWD reports that Azzedine Alaïa has just signed a beauty license with Beauté Prestige International. The designer says he plans to create a fragrance, which fashionistas (and Clueless) fans the world over are sure to scoop up with the quickness. (WWD)

US-POLITICS-INAUGURATION-CHURCH

The Cut talked to Thom Browne about designing the now-iconic navy jacquard coat First Lady Michelle Obama wore to yesterday’s inauguration ceremony (which, by the way, will never be available for us commoners to purchase!). When asked if he had any idea that she’d emerge in his creation, the designer said, “I did design it for the day, but I didn’t really know. She’s so supportive of so many American designers; I’m sure I was one of many asked to create something. And that’s what made [her choosing mine] that much more special.” (The Cut)

crystal-renn-agent-provocateur

• The ever-gorgeous Crystal Renn has scored a campaign with Agent Provocateur that is (no surprises here), quite sexy indeed. The snaps feature the model in a gas station, appropriately clad in a cutout bodysuit and high heels to fill her tank. (WWD)
Shala Monroque Charlotte Olympia
• If you’re an established member of the fashion elite, casting producers Andrea McHugh and Joey Gemelli are looking for you! The duo (who have produced shows like Bethenny Ever After, and The Real Housewives of Miami) are searching for high-powered, noted members of the fashion industry for a new yet-to-be-named reality show. Models, editors, luxury buyers, stylists, et. al are encouraged to apply. So if you’re reading this, and you’re part of fashion’s “A-List,” shoot an email to FashionCastingNewYork@Gmail.com with a few recent photos and a little info about yourself. (Fashion Bomb Inbox)

vittorio-missoni

• The Venezuelan authorities are still hard at work looking for Vittorio Missoni and the five others aboard the BN-2 YV2615 that disappeared off the South American nation’s coast on January 4th. Luca Missoni (Vittorio’s brother) says so far, they can only be sure about “the coordinates in which the plane disappeared from the radar.” Our thoughts are with the Missoni family through this ordeal. (WWD)

~Jihan

25 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Beyoncé Launches ‘Beyhive’ Blog, BryanBoy Alleges Kanye West is Gay, and Alaïa Signs Cosmetics License”

1. jbrizzy says:

The tea has been spilled this morning. Kanye West gay? Kim Kardashian not pregnant? I know its sad, but I can actually believe this

2. Fefe210 says:

Missoni is still missing!?!?

3. Kay says:

Kanye west is totally gay BIBLE!!! (in my Kim Voice)

4. Lolodoll11 says:

Jihan – the way you grovel over Beyonce is beyond sad. You’ve reached pathetic levels. Michelle’s coat = super cute especially now that I’m seeing a close pic. Based on where I was standing during yesterday’s Inaguration events, it looked to be a grey wool coat. Cuteness! Glad someone is talking about Kanye and his homosexuality…even if he was being sarcastic. Clear to me he’s gay. Maybe he’ll come out one day. Don’t understand how any woman could date him. Superstar or not.

5. T1K says:

I don’t know why I feel like Kim doesn’t want Kanye… Idk I don’t get that vibe from her

Hey Jihan, is Claire or any from the FBD staff going to apply – you all are Fashion’s A-list ;-)

7. Anna says:

So basically Beyonce was inspired by her bff Fishstick Paltrow and her highly conceited blog GOOP. Yeak ok!
    I do believe Bryan Boy just got his scoop from an infamous black forum I won’t name.

8. Kia says:

Lmfao @ Jihan! Lol

9. Kia says:

Yes Anna, I thought the same thing!

10. nmillmich25 says:

@ Jihan…thats funny “you mad?”

11. EsKay says:

Yaaasss Jihan. That “You mad?” gave me the right amount of energy that I needed to get through the day!!!

12. RHONYC says:

gee thanks, Gwyneth!!!
    i knew sooner or later your ‘Goop-iness’ would rub off on Bey.
    aye-carumba. ;-(

13. Chill says:

Bey’s favorite word “inspired”. No shade but she should take time off and take a few college courses because her vocabulary is extremely limited. Nothing wrong with furthering your education and expanding your mind.

14. t-fal says:

lmao @ jihan! Although like most when singing for large groups, her anthem vocals were pre-recorcded and she lip synced.

15. Melly Mels says:

Great here we go with the baby rumors…again. I have love for bloggers but when it comes to celebrity rumors they are not my first source.

16. SHAQ NICHOLE says:

I believe it…Kanye’ West being gay..c’mon..this is like old news..lol

17. TheAntifash says:

Apparently this is popular knowledge in Paris. During his first ever showing for his line rumors were swirling about his relationship with the gentleman who was assisting him (not Tisci). Their relationship has since dissolved, hence ye “taking a break” from the line…

18. sharie says:

Kim or Riccardo…doesn’t matter, he’s f*ckin people who wouldn’t even look at you homes. Get a serious grip.

19. TheFav1 says:

@Jihan…I just spit my water out lml at my desk at work! Too funny!!! This is new news to me (sorry I guess I’m under a rock) Kanye gay? Really? I mean it explains a lot but wow. I guess Kim doesn’t realize it, same way she doesn’t know her bff Johnathan is too.

20. tasha says:

Excited for the fashion show evolving fashion insiders.

21. nia says:

i think people have a hard time grasping male sexuality. if he is gay so what? that doesnt mean he doesnt care for kim and want a child with her. and i cant wait until beyonces dirty laundry comes tumbling out. i really dislike her as a person!!!!

22. Izhause says:

Kim pregnant yes sure I Believe Everything she says!! Oh and lol

23. Cookie says:

Thank u @Jihan and @chill! I just told my mom yesterday that everytime Beyonce opens her mouth she doesn’t sound educated! Can’t she hire someone to help expand her vocab and express her thoughts! In interviews she sounds like an idiot, never completing sentences!

24. LawyerLady says:

I’d love to see a show about the fashion elite.