January 21st, 2013
Celebrity Style, Who Wore it Better
By Faith

We featured Taraji P. Henson in Weekend Hot! or Hmm… and if her $1,590 Etro Satin Trimmed Printed Stretch Crepe Pencil Skirt looked familiar, it is because Carmen Ejogo wore the same piece back in October.
Who Wore It Better-0121-Taraji P. Henson vs. Carmen Ejogo in Etro’s Fall 2012 Satin Trimmed Printed Stretch Crepe Pencil Skirt
While Taraji paired her skirt with a $175 McQ by Alexander Mcqueen Open Knit Paneled Stretch Top and black pumps, Carmen opted for the full runway look, paired with printed pumps.

The sold-out pencil skirt is crafted from green and black paisley print stretch crepe and features front vents.

etro-satin-trimmed-printed-stretch-crepe-pencil-skirt

Carmen wins this round for me. Though Taraji’s pairing shows off the skirt’s front vents which are one of the standout details of the piece, Carmen’s pairing is much more elegant: I guess that’s easy when you virtually wear the head-to-toe runway look!

What do you think? Who wore it better?

carmen-ejogo-alex-cross-premiere-hollywood

taraji-p-henson-google-elle-and-the-center-for-american-progress-celebrate-leading-women-in-washington-mcqueen-open-knit-paneled-stretch-top-1

carmen-ejogo-alex-cross-premiere-hollywood-1

8 Responses to “Who Wore It Better? Taraji P. Henson vs. Carmen Ejogo in Etro’s Fall 2012 Satin Trimmed Printed Stretch Crepe Pencil Skirt”

1. Cyndi says:

Both outfits are lackluster.

2. DannielleS says:

Yeah, I don’t like either. The tops are not flattering for either lady

3. smv says:

my eyes keep gravitating toward carmen. carmen for me

4. Cyacineh says:

Somwhow Carmen’s choice bold choice of shoes just pulls the outfit together, and makes it come alive! She’s the winner for me…:)

5. RKW_love says:

Carmen.

My RoleModel Carmen Ejogo

7. Tameka says:

So am I the only one that thinks Carmen’s skirt is too tight? It is giving her a bit of muffin top for me

8. Arletta says:

I wouldn’t say either wore it better. They both look lovely.

However, I think the top and the skirt are a bit much together. They are both pretty pieces, but, so ornate that I think they would be better off with a plainer piece to be pared with.