January 18th, 2013
Beyonce, Fashion, Fashion News
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

John Galliano has a friend in Oscar de la Renta, who has opened the doors of his studio to the designer. De la Renta is not the first member of the fashion elite to show kindness to Mr. Galliano after the desginer’s now-infamous “I love Hitler” rant outside a Parisian café. He was spotted exchanging bisous with Anna Wintour back in July. Even Franca Sozzani‘s come out to support Galliano, saying on record that she thought Dior should rehire the troubled designer. De la Renta is only too happy to have Galliano in his studio, convinced the former Dior creative director is committed to cleaning up his act: “I think John is doing all the right things. Everyone in life deserves a second chance, especially someone as talented as John. I think that life is about forgiving and helping people.…I think John is doing all the right things.” (WWD)

• The 2013 Beyoncé takeover continues, with another high-profile appearance added to her media blitz. The singer is to perform at this year’s Brit Awards on Februay 20th. Ms. Knowles  joins a roster boasting performances by One Direction and Robbie Williams, but for some reason, I get the feeling King Bey’s going to be the main attraction. British readers, will you be tuning in? (Vogue UK)

• New York City is about to get a new resident model. Jourdan Dunn is packing up and moving to NYC in order to further explore her career options. The British model told MyDaily“I’m really excited about my temporary move to New York. The response to my cookery [ed. note: cookery!] show with Jay Z’s brilliant Life and Times [YouTube channel] has been great and I am hoping to develop other ideas I have with them whilst there. I’m definitely going to continue modelling internationally and will be back in the UK very soon.”  We’re excited to see how Jourdan’s career develops after this big move! (Vogue UK)

Target has teamed with celebrity stylist Kate Young on a limited edition range of semiformal dresses. This is the first stylist-designed capsule for the retailer, which Target SVP of apparel and accessories Trish Adams says has proven to be an adventure: “It’s interesting [to work] with someone that may not have formal training. It’s the first time a limited-time collection has been so focused. We always wanted to do a line of semiformal and special occasion dresses. Here’s someone that creates jaw-dropping moments.” The collection will be available in stores April 14th– just in time for prom season. (WWD)

~Jihan

10 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Oscar de la Renta Supports John Galliano Comeback, Beyoncé to Perform at Brit Awards, and Jourdan Dunn’s Moving to NYC”

1. Dom says:

April 14 is a good day for a release. It’s my bday!

2. jrDesignerLover says:

Yes, everyone does deserve a second chance. But I wonder if De la Renta would feel the same if her were a minority.

3. Bribri says:

John Galliano is not a tv personality, he is a designer and an immensely creative one at that. He doesn’t need to be likeable but i do believe he deserves a 2nd chance to work and continue his career.

4. Can’t wait for that line to drop at Targee!

5. Couturesista says:

I’m sure he would, his son is a minority @jrDesignerLover. Who’s really shocked when celebrities behave badly or inappropriate, I’m not! They’re human just like everyone else, now that’s not justification for their actions but come on, if your that offended, don’t purchase anything that they endorse or make. Time will pass and the fashion world will greet him with open arms again. Right or wrong, it is what it is.

6. kory conover says:

Oscar is so right. Everyone deserves a second chance. I’m a huge fan of Galliano and I’m eagerly anticipating his big comeback. I was extremely disappointed with how the fashion world shunned him after his breakdown.

7. TheAntifash says:

@jrDesignerLover De La Renta is a minority. He’s Dominican…

I agree with Bribri 100%. Galliano’s comeback is past due.

8. LMAO bitches! says:

ODLR is a minority?

I didn’t know caucasian Dominicans didn’t exist….

9. Siyam says:

“Cookery”? Alright JD, go on and make that money honey! Galliano shoul get another chance and if he is committed to cleaning up his act, more power to him. Didn’t know ODLR was Dominican. Interesting fact!

10. Yay! now I can stalk jourdun