January 17th, 2013
Celebrity Style, Week in Chic
This Week in Chic: Jennifer Lopez, Idris Elba, Dawn Richard, and More!
By Faith

Happy Thursday everyone!

It’s been a busy one for me with tons of writing (thank you Pre-Fall 2013) and hours chained to my desk!

At least I was able to get some relief by seeing some fab looks from our favorite stars. Nothing makes me happier than a few faces we haven’t seen in awhile and this week was full of them. Of note are all the incredibly good looking men.

Let’s get into this week’s most noteworthy looks shall we?

Jennifer Lopez grabbed a bite to eat with her boo at Madeo Restaurant in West Hollywood. She stuck to a dark color palette in a $1,690 Lanvin Wool Wrap Coat, a Valentino Rockstud bag, and black pumps. Simple and chic no?

At the GQ Men of the Year Awards in Paris, Idris Elba looked positively scrumptious in a red and grey check blazer, red pants, and $675 Christian Louboutin Golfito Wingtips.

In most of our books, Denzel Washington is the man of the year every year (no offense Paula) and he was also at the awards in a black suit. Yes Mr. Washington!

Dawn Richard posed outside of the Sirius XM Studios in NYC in a $42 Wasteland Metallic Baseball Jacket and two-tone denim.

My mortal soul is filled with joy at the many side eyes of Kanye West! He wore his favorite denim shirt and Trussardi 1911 fringe sneakers while at the Raf Simons Men’s Show in Paris.

In “huh, that happened?” news of the week, Rita Ora and Snoop Dogg just happened to be in Thailand at the same time. I hope there was some kind of concert taking place because this is just…weird. She looks cute though!

Common looked pretty darn hot in teal while hitting up Mixology 101 in LA. The men really showed out this week!

At HBO’s Post Golden Globes Party in Beverly Hills, Jill Scott looked every bit the goddess in black and gold. She has some of the best skin ever.

Vanessa Williams was also present at HBO’s bash in a paisley print gown. I mean seriously: why is she so gorgeous?

One of my natural hair inspirations, Thandie Newton, paired a graphic tee and white pumps with a black suit at DirectTV’s Rogue 2013 Winter TCA Panel in Pasadena, California.

Salma Hayek channeled ladies who lunch at the 2013 Independent Filmmaker Grant and Spirit Award Nominees Brunch in West Hollywood. She opted for pearls, an $897 Balenciaga Single Button Coat, a keyhole-detailed LBD, and $1,095 Saint Laurent Janis T Bar Leather Pumps. Gorgeous!

Ageless wonder Pharrell Williams was seen exiting LAX Airport in a grunge look that Kurt Cobain would be proud of. Guys, would you rock his $4,325 Lanvin Motorcycle Jacket?

Zhang Ziyi wore a white Fendi gown on the red carpet at the Sina Weibo Awards Ceremony in Beijing with a beaded clutch from the brand and $3,895 Christian Louboutin Decora Platform Pumps.

It seems the Decora Pumps were the shoe of the week because Mashonda also sported them at her Birthday Dinner in NYC. She used the dazzling accoutrements to give more embellishment to her leather skirt and Fall 2012 Gucci Sheer Embellished Bodysuit. I like it!

That’s all folks! Who had your favorite looks this week?

23 Responses to “This Week in Chic: Jennifer Lopez, Idris Elba, Dawn Richard, and More!”

1. Empress says:

Idris looks handsome.
    I thought Jill Scott lost weight? O_o
    Vanessa Williams hasn’t aged one bit.
    Pink is my color, love Salma’s button coat
    Mashonda looks cute…

2. LMAO bitches! says:

here for Idris. I loooooove that suit! Doesn’t my husband look so handsome? I know.

3. Dawn looks awesome! What is she doing with herself nowadays?

4. libby17 says:

MASHONDA’s look is too try-hard.

((SWOON)) @ idris. honestly, he can wear a garbage bag and my reaction will be the same.

VANESSA & THANDIE look great.

Kanye just screams “queen” to me… and why is jlo featured? i’m mean she’s wearing a coat. and salma look is elderly – no bueno.

5. My baby father Idris looks yummy and Mashonda is killing it

6. TMaryMack says:

The men definitely did their thing this week! As did Miss Newton, I love her.

7. Caribbelle says:

Loving Thandie, surprisingly, the white pumps don’t bother me. JLo, looks great too!

8. tasha says:

Loving Thandie’s look from head to toe. JLo is killing the game by just walking out the door. Loving her looks. The guys are looking awesome this week too

9. LawyerLady says:

Loving Kanye – King of the side eye. Thandie is fantastic. I can’t believe I love her shoes too. Mashonda ….. how sad.

YES Thandie! <— That is how you do black and white!

And the men…just made my week :-)

11. DannielleS says:

Dawn looks silly and lost.

Vanessa Williams is supreme.

Idris, I never thought I would say this, but I hate his outfit!

12. mamareese says:

Snoop…..what in the Bob Marley hell??? That pic just screams all kinda wrong….

13. Siyam says:

Yay for the mens ( except snoop!)
    Yes Vanessa, Thandie and Jenny
    Dawn? Really? She looks nice though
    Salma’s coat is gorgeous
    And hopefully we can explain the Rita Ora thing :/?

14. kiks says:

I’m here for miss Newton!! LOVEE the look…so chic!

15. heide says:

Dawn is awesome. Her #1 Goldenheart album is out now. She shuts it down. Go Dawn! HeartNation.

16. heide says:

Get Goldenheart by Dawn Richard now on Itunes! SPIN gave her an awesome review. She’s already getting reviews for album of the year.

17. heide says:

Dawn is so Dope. Get her #1 Goldenheart album out now on itunes & in stores everywhere. SPIN praised her new album & she already being lauded for album of the year & it’s only January. She’s releasing a deluxe version of Goldenheart @ FYE on 1.22.13. Check her out. The dopest artist out.

18. omgfantastic says:

jlo and thandie look the best, imo.

hard to mess up lanvin. and i love thandie’s suit.

salma looks matronly.

mashonda looks a bit cheap and rough. expensive clothes and shoes don’t in and of itself make you look expensive.

zhang ziyi looks too skinny for that dress.

that is all.

19. lol yes there is a snoop concert in thailand but i dont know why shes there..

who is mashonda??

And Kanye is an absolute joke. how the mighty have fallen..

20. Jei says:

I am here for my love Idris && I love it!! The men did very well imo.

21. Wanda says:

Screams **Idriiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssssssssssssssss*******

22. I wouldn’t say that it is a privilege that every Colombian has. In Bogota we are a lot more protected. In many areas of Colombia still under the control of illegal groups or under the intimidation of corrupt politicians or armed officials, press freedom is still just an aspiration.I think that we have a window of opportunity to write, blog and publish freely on the internet.But there is the risk that if someone finally finds a business model for the web, the big economic conglomerates will conquer the space.Then the idea that all voices are equal on the web and that what counts is the talent and not the money will become less true. Or maybe not. Who knows.

23. Howdy! This post couldn’t be written much better!
    Looking at this article reminds me of my previous roommate!
    He constantly kept preaching about this. I am going to send
    this information to him. Fairly certain he’s going to
    have a very good read. Thanks for sharing!