January 14th, 2013
Fashion News, Plus Sized, Shopping
Cool Plus Sized Find: Dear Curves

I was recently alerted to Dear Curves, a line of African inspired separates earmarked for the plus sized set:

The UK based brand offers pretty peplumed blouses, printed dresses, and chic A-line and pencil skirts:

Sizes go from UK 14-UK 28; prices range from £50 (approximately $80) for a skirt to £75 (approximately $120) for a dress.

Cute! And the pieces are pretty affordable to boot.

If you’re interested, see more and purchase at DearCurves.com.

What do you think?

Posted In
16 comments

16 Responses to “Cool Plus Sized Find: Dear Curves”

1. Loni says:

Super cute and very on trend. Fortunately i’m no longer plus sized but when I was this wouldve been great.

2. hotmama says:

Cute dresses….unfortunately this is not curves its fat. Is wish people would stop masking the fat with curves cause its not the same thing. If you are fat you are fat, NOT curvy. It’s very pretty outfits and I’m glad they are making nicer styles for fat women.

3. "You Left My Comments for Dead" says:

hotmama knows the art of trolling well, lol. No matter her rude/insensitive comment, these are beautiful pieces. The women are perfect as well and the proportions are nice.

Some people stay worried about the wrong things…like their opinion is the only one that matters.

4. Briana Coleman says:

and “hotmama” probably look like one of those chicks off of catfish… anywho lovely pieces!

5. @”You Left My Comments for Dead”..well said!!! and you can in fact be over weight and curvy..since this is a fashion blog and not a health forum I will say thisI love all the peplum pieces

6. J Danielle says:

@hotmama this isn’t a weightloss blog that I’m aware of. As for DearCurves = no thanks.

7. jasmine says:

hotmama that is a false statement i am what is considered fat and i am very curvy maybe Fashion bomb should do segment on this i would gladly submit pictures

8. Robin says:

loving these prints

9. Westafricanmutt says:

No. Sorry but I see no creativity in this. These are just African print dresses for plus sized women. No. *yawns*

10. Dion says:

“and “hotmama” probably look like one of those chicks off of catfish”

Dead.

Claire, I do love your website I really do, and I know I can look at your posts as an inspiration for outfits but I really wish you included more plus size fashion. I know if I want plus size, I should go to a plus size website, but I respect your opinion so much on fashion, that I wish you would show us curvy girls what you think. ya know? Eitherwise I really enjoy reading! xo

11. Curvyfatmama says:

@westafricanmutt: seems you completely missed the memo! I don’t think the brand places itself as the next Haute Couture… They make contemporary clothes! A classic case of “doing exactly what it says on the tin”….. On a lighter note, am seriously lusting over the peplum dress!

12. Curvyfatmama says:

@westafricanmutt: seems you completely missed the memo! I don’t think the brand places itself as the next Haute Couture… They make lightweight/contemporary clothes! A classic case of “doing exactly what it says on the tin”….. On a lighter note, am seriously lusting over the peplum dress!

13. Aja says:

Great outfit ideas! I’m a plus-size woman and I make sure that I am not stuck in wearing potato sack type of clothes. I’m proud of my body and I am confident in showing it off.

14. omie says:

WOw .. this is nice plus clothing with nature color, very fashionable for big girls

15. Right here is the perfect site for anybody who wants to find out about this topic.

You realize a whole lot its almost hard to argue
    with you (not that I actually would want to…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a topic that hass been discussed for years.
    Great stuff, just excellent!