January 11th, 2013
Celebrity Style, Fashion News, Hair, Nicki Minaj
Nicki Minaj’s Hairstylist Terrence Davidson Calls it Quits

Last night, Nicki Minaj’s hairstylist Terrence Davidson (who we interviewed in this Breaking into Fashion post), announced he would be moving on after three years:

He wrote, “I would like to inform the media and supporters that I’ve decided to step away as hair stylist and wig creator for Nicki Minaj. It has been an amazing experience offering me a chance to express my creativity and exhibit my love for the art form of wig design.”

” I have decided to part ways from Nicki Minaj because I would like to explore other opportunities within my own brand and re-energize my creativity through work in fashion editorial, beauty consultations, media personality, ‘how-to’ lectures and hair show development.”

” I am very proud of the body of work built with Nicki Minaj and I appreciate the support over the years from fans who’ve expressed love for my craft. Look forward to seeing me larger than life in 2013”

Nicki is certainly known for her eye catching hair–her sky high or neon colored coifs are as intrinsic to her signature style as her wild and crazy costumes.

No more Terrence might mean a tamer Nicki Minaj.

But will we miss the old Nicki?

Read our Breaking into Fashion post with Terrence here.
Spied @ Necole Bitchie.com

29 Responses to “Nicki Minaj’s Hairstylist Terrence Davidson Calls it Quits”

1. heyyall says:

Yes we will miss the old Nikki..I’m one of the many ppl that loves when Nikki show up in something crazy and fun!!!!!! (hey it’s made her rich!)

2. Dobe says:

Glad he had the opportunity to have his worked displayed in many ways. Won’t miss the over the top do’s, though.

3. Tim says:

Thank God! Now lets hope that Nicki will start wearing her own hair, or even $1000.00 weaves. Those Lace Fronts, Green/Pink, High Top Wigs were holding her back! Lets hope that in 2013 Nicki’s Style will Mature even more.. From what I’ve seen so far she’s on the right path!

4. bella says:

YAY! Hope she gets a better hair stylist because those wigs are a MESS.

5. RHONYC says:

yeah, as in they’ve made her a ‘MESS’ of $$$! lol ;-)

6. Prettigyrl78 says:

leave the black wigs and send the rest to the incinerator…hopefully she still has some edges left

7. He’s moving on, ie Nicki is a pain to work for and he’s over it. No wonder she’s been rocking with semi normal wigs as of late.

8. Olwethu says:

He was fired. Nicki seems to be on a different path, we were gonna get bored of these antics. There’s no way she could have kept it going on for another decade.

9. ScarLET says:

i hope the makeup artist quit too because her makeup is horrid at times.

10. Alex says:

Lol…umm…I feel like this is a good thing

11. Annoyingly Right says:

I wonder what’s the real story behind this…did he quit? Or did she get rid of him? Hmmmm

12. Christian says:

It was about time

13. NotHereForThat says:

lmao, I’m weeping softly at work due to the comments.

14. Dig says:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaasssss take the make-up artist and “stylist”with him!! If only she could deplete that arse. I know she regrets that foolishness.

15. bella says:

@RHONY there’s a lot of rich people with terrible wigs. what’s your POINT sis?

16. T1K says:

As if that’s a bad news..

17. brwngirl says:

Everyone’s throwing shade as if he was in charge of the wigs Nicki picked to wear or as if he was her image consultant. He was doing what he was requested and as many saw Nicki in her E! 3 epi special, she is extremely picky of what she likes, so I am sure she picked every style he made.

Despite the craziness of every wig, lets not discredit his talent, he is GOOD at what he does, especially coloring and cutting. Wigs are HARD to make!

18. makeeasweet says:

omg somebody actually style those crappy hot mess wigs on her head!!!!!!.i love nicki and i hope she step up her whole fashion game.she look so pretty with a black wig and a simple makeup look.

19. Natasha says:

Since he never used the Twitter handle he supplied in the “Breaking Into Fashion” post, check his active account here: @HairByTerrence

20. Fefe210 says:

Will be interested to see if she will reinvent her image. Her looks very recently have been so toned down.

21. Kitty B. says:

Doubt he was fired, He probably walked off, which is why she’s recycling old wigs…

22. lola says:

Nicki Minaj needs to go away, far far away

23. tasha says:

Glad he got to showcase his work and gain a bigger audience. I hope Nicki tones it down some though

24. Larry says:

Thank God.

25. Brie says:

Stepping Down? Nicki Should Have Been Let Him Go…SAD/MESSY!

26. TheMrs says:

Ok do we really think that now she’s going to start wearing ‘normal’ hair?? Gthoh, that’s part of her gimmick, her brand. She’s probably interviewing new over the top hair stylists & wig creators now. One monkey don’t stop no show. (But on this occasion I wish it would:-).

27. Seriously says:

I think it’s a good point in her career for this to happen…for both of them. I’m not sure if anyone was taking Ms. Minaj seriously at this point, and it’s partly on account of these over-the-top, cartoonish things she turns herself into. Time to redirect attention to her music.

I also WOULDN’T BLAME THE STYLIST for what she’s been looking like because I’m sure she has plenty to do with her appearance. If anything he probably wants to GET AWAY FROM THE BAD NAME it’s creating for him because clearly everyone is blaming him for her bad hair like Nicki is the say-less Barbie she built her image on.

roco-coco.com

28. IS THIS GOOD/BAD,,IM SURE. IM THINKING SHE REQUESTED THAT FOOLISHNESS, I COULD BE WRONG