January 11th, 2013
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Sandee from Harlem

We’re ending this week with a bang! Take a gander at Sandee from Harlem:

The blogger for www.CurvEnvy.com writes, “It took me a long time to embrace my curves, however once I did, my confidence grew.”

“… I birth[ed] an appreciation for my large bust, in your face hips, my shapely thighs, and round butt.”

” With an abundance of trial and error, over-time I was able to educate myself on how to dress my particular body shape.”

” Learning to ACCENTUATE the best bodily features and DE-EMPHASIZE the not so great ones is a technique that EVERY woman should know, plus size or not.”

“I promote positive self image and I reiterate my self-proclaimed motto that “Style is NOT just for the skinny.””

“…In every outfit I post, in my opinion, lycra and stretch are mandates in the fabrics of a curvy girl’s wardrobe. Our clothing should be form-fitting NOT body hugging.”

“My style is classic, with a dash of trend, sprinkle of pizzazz, and spoonful of sexy. ”

“In the end, I truly believe that style can be acquired by anyone, big girls included.”

“Curves are to be appreciated and flaunted. That’s why I say, let them be CurvEnvious!”

Gorgeous! I’m definitely a fan of your style. The printed pants and peplum top combo is perfection!
What do you think?

Posted In
74 comments

74 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Sandee from Harlem”

She looks fabulous! She has a very nice sense of style. It’s not easy to be fashionable when you’re plus because there isn’t always a variety of clothing items in common shopping places.
    I really enjoyed her more sleek and sophisticated ensembles. I think her confidence was the most appealing part of her wardrobe.

2. Jaz says:

I dont like the sheer top/ exposed bra on anyone. Not a fan of the leggings/ jeggings etc on her. Liked the black dress and the grey outfit ( a pop of color would have been nice though ) , and that was about it . I voted hits and misses

3. stylengrace says:

She’s beautiful and so are her looks.

4. Ronnie says:

cute

5. ashleyv says:

All of this looks uncomfortable ) :
    Looking at these outfits is painful.

6. I4fashion says:

Beautiful, loved it all

7. miss not please says:

wow you have to upload head to toe looks and and a lot of photos that are hot. But anyone can dress like this hot big mistake here showing her bra and all they can be on your site.

8. mamareese says:

What I want in 2013 is for thick girls to realize that the correct SIZE is key. Stop looking at the size of a garment and go for the FIT. Also every trend that comes through is NOT for ALL body types. Just cuz someone makes a sheer or a spanx something in anything bigger than a XL does not mean we can wear it. It’s about dressing for your bodytype….I am a big girl and I follow these rules close so I don’t look a fool…. I’m jus sic of seeing bodycons…spanx and more done the wrong way. Pocketsandbows is the best prototype (other than myself LOL) I’ve seen thus far that has plus size style down…….

9. Nicole says:

CLAIRE!

10. Siyam says:

Wow… No need to attack Claire for her opinion. People need to stop posting themselves as “Anonymous” and put a face to their opinions. Don’t be afraid to stand behind your comments, that’s like coming into someone’s house and putting dirty feet on the couch. Anyway, I don’t like sheer tops by themselves, I’d do it with a blazer or a really cute bomber zipped halfway. Otherwise I like what she’s doing :)

11. Snailz says:

Say NOT to sheer.. It aint for everybody.

Other than that – great ensembles. An exceptional A+ for finding the right pieces for your body type………………. EXCEPT the sheer shirts.. say NO mama!!!!

12. -_- um yes hits and misses, but darnit what about the hair! No! Fashion is all around. Everything!

13. Misskhadiva says:

I see she loves H&M as much as i do :D

14. Yashi says:

lol@ rocky…NEWAY She is cute i think her style can be a bit more polished but she reppin Harlem and oozing ubers upon ubers confidence!! Get em Hunny! YASSSSS!

15. Chris styles says:

Most hits, some misses. Overall I’d say she was Bombshell material

16. LawyerLady says:

I rated Sandee as a bombshell because she got the fit right! Pics #1 and #2 are frankly perfect; hair to shoe. However, the sheer tops are simply inappropriate. They rob you of your sophistication.

17. Bliss says:

No to the extra sheer and intentionally exposed bras. Whether you are “curvy” and “confident” or skinny, they look a hot mess. No ma’am! I really like everything else though.

18. Emily R says:

The ZARA COLOR BLOCKED Shoes………..I Die!!!
    I luv mines tOo & U wear them well darlin. I see U big mama! ;-)
    #bloop

19. Sandee, I see your being attacked as I was the beginning of the week lol but I hope you realize…some ppl DON’T KNO HOW TO BE CRITICAL and that’s OK….I LOVED all of your looks…with the beige sheer top I wld have worn a beige bra..but love the skirt…Way to represent for the Curvy Girls! *3snaps*

20. Westafricanmutt says:

LOVE ALL HER SHOES!

21. ncbrowngirl says:

I love her style, she not only educate plus size girls on fashion but she helps many gain confidence; that being plus size can be as fab as the next. It’s not about size, it’s about style. Sandee, do your thing girl; I respect everything you do from YT, FB, Instagram and CurvEnvy!

22. FERRI says:

<3 ALLLLL HER LOOKS!!
    HER STYLE IS QUITE SICKENING!!!!
    WERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRK!!!!!!!
    Style has no size its confidence and pizzazz …and she has it! =)

23. DIVA says:

Confidence is on 1000… but when she wears those sheer tops….. NO BUENO !
    she does have gorgeous legs & a beautiful face & a good sense of style for the most part….. she gets major points for being a HARLEM DIVA like myself.

24. Dion says:

“she wears her heft well”
    who the hell says that? She is curvy not hefty! I am so over it.
    Sandee you look great! I love your style and I wish I had confidence like you (working on it for 2013) People are always going to have an opinion, thank GOD HIS is the most important one. Keep it up pretty girl!