January 9th, 2013
Beyonce, Fashion, Fashion News
By Jihan

Remember that beauty line Marc Jacobs was supposed to drop with Sephora? The designer let it slip at WWD‘s CEO Summit that his makeup range will be available this fall. Horde your pennies! (Fashionista)

• Boy blowouts: will they be the wave in 2013? Meadham Kirchhoff sent male models down the runway at his men’s Fall 2013 show with a set of mermaid hair Ariel is sure to snatch for her trove of gadgets and gizmos. Hey, it’s the new year, meggings are apparently also a thing now. (Telegraph)

• Well, well, it looks like Beyoncé‘s charmed yet another innocent soul into swooning stanhood. Rubin Singer, who dressed the diva for her private New Year’s Eve concert says Mrs. Knowles-Carter and her sister Solange are “the only celebrities that always dry clean and send clothes back in a box, with a hand-written thank you note. They are true ladies.” The Beyincé’s pulling a classy move? No surprises here! (Glamour)

• Speaking of which, the singer is poised to bless the nation this year with a performance of the national anthem at Barack Obama‘s inauguration on January 21st. It’s a big year for Bey! (People)

• Uniqlo‘s expanding in the Tri-state area, opening stores at Palisades Center in West Nyack, N.Y., and Ridge Hill in Yonkers, N.Y. in the Spring. Reasonably priced basics for everyone! (WWD)

• Dallas, Texas is about to get a little bit chicer. Karl Lagerfeld says the next Chanel show will be held in the Lone Star State city. As the designer said at WWD‘s CEO summit, “I try to find a connection, but the connection is often very vague. With Texas, it’s a detail, but with little detail, you can make a whole story. I am a storyteller for that.” (WWD)

~Jihan

23 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Marc Jacobs Cosmetics Range Coming Soon, Beyoncé to Perform at Inauguration, and Guess Where the Next Chanel Show is Going to Be”

1. LawyerLady says:

OMG – Marc is doing a cosmetics line??? I love everything he does. Literally everything. I’ll be checking him out – mos def! On another note – let the Beyonce takeover begin!

2. Tawanda C. says:

That cart full of wigs tho! lol!

3. Whatevs says:

I’ve been waiting for this post…let the tantrums begin…

4. Lolodoll11 says:

Definitely interested in the MJ cosmetics line! Beyonce singing at the inauguration – eh, not surprised. She and her hubby are clearly BO / Michelle groupies so it comes as no surprise she’d be asked to participate. Their motives were clear with the fundraiser, open letter to Michelle, etc. I’ll be there. More interested in hearing Kelly Clarkson though. Definitely a fan!

5. t-fal says:

Sooooo celebrities normally send all of the gorgeous gowns back dirty?? That’s just no home training

6. Erin says:

Congrats to Marc, nothing wrong with expanding your brand.
    Beyonce can go from a sexy mag cover to being invited to perform at prestigious events. She has this aura about her that just oozes class.

7. Kitty B. says:

I’m a big STAN for Marc, anything he creates, I buy…this will be no different

8. TheAntifash says:

I’ll be somewhere around the Dallas Chanel show for sure. I work @ _____ ______ so I may even try and score a seat (though I highly doubt I’ll be able to secure one lol)

9. Cinthia Garcia says:

you’re incorrect about where they are opening the uniqlo stores…. they opened in those malls in 2005 and closed. They are opening stores in NY

10. tasha says:

Jesus be a fence I am going to need an invite if Karl does the Chanel show in Dallas. YESSSSSS

11. Sandra says:

Beyonce is indeed a class act. I love her and Solange even more now. I am surprise that some celebrities will return spoiled or dirty clothes to designers. Money does not buy class, humility and consideration for others. It takes a true lady to do it. Ms. Tina raised some nice ladies.

I love Marc Jacobs and I am looking forward to his cosmetic line. Hopefully it will be within my budget.

Uncle Karl is the business! It is nice to see him stepping out of the box. Texas is where the money is also. I expect to see nothing but many of the rich Texans at his show. I am so looking forward to get the 411 on his show, that I am pretty sure will be phenomenal.

12. steve says:

Marc Jacobs has been torturing a young girl called Angel Barta for 5 years. He used her ideas without her permission. read the shocking details here: http://styleangelique.blogspot.hu/2013/01/marc-jacobs-is-obsessed-with-women-it.html

13. steve says:

Marc Jacobs has been torturing a young girl called Angel Barta for 5 years. He used her ideas without her permission. read the shocking details here: Marc Jacobs the godfather in sponge bob disguise on styleangelique. blogspot. hu

14. T1K says:

LOL @the cart with wigs!!

15. Meme says:

@Cinthia Garcia Uniqlo already has locations in malls in the tri-state area (Garden State Plaza) and they are definitely opening in the palisades mall they have signs there everywhere saying they will open in spring 2013

16. Miss j says:

Bey is a class act indeed no surprise that she dry cleans her clothes before returning them

17. Jihan says:

@Cinthia– you are absolutely right. Not going to lie, I wrote the part about Uniqlo very early in the morning and certainly wasn’t reading correctly. My mistake. It’s not cute, I didn’t mean to mislead you!

18. My relatives all the time say that I am wasting my time here at web, however I know I am getting knowledge every day by reading thes
    pleasant articles or reviews.

19. Does your blog have a contact page? I’m having a tough time locating it but, I’d like to send you an
    email. I’ve got some ideas for your blog you might be interested in
    hearing. Either way, great blog and I look forward to seeing it
    develop over time.

20. Downloading Cube world usually costs money.

I will provide you Dice Globe full edition which you can download below for cost-free.
    Sure you will be able to perform Dice Planet
    in a couple of minutes right here for cost-free, all you have to
    do is down load Dice Planet with the hyperlink presented below.
    We incorporated Dice Planet crack so soon after you install Cube Planet Alpha, you can perform it instantly.
    Dice Entire world is a 3D motion RPG type sport that
    is manufactured/created by Wollay and his spouse. Cube Entire world was started
    in June 2011 and now, the Alpha edition is out previously.

21. Asking questions are genuinely pleasant thing if you
    are not understanding anything entirely, except this post offers pleasant understanding yet.

22. Rugs Inc says:

It’s very straightforward to find out any matter on net as compared to books, as I
    found this post at this web site.

23. Hi, I think your blog might be having browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your blog site in Ie, it looks fine but when
    opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping.

I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other then
    that, terrific blog!