January 8th, 2013
Fashion, Fashion News
Karrueche Tran Talks “The Kill” Clothing Line With VIBE
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

While her relationship with singer Chris Brown has been on the tip of everyone’s tongue for the past several months, Karrueche Tran has managed to maintain a steely air of mystery. With a new clothing line “The Kill” currently in the works, the stylist turned designer sat for an exclusive interview with VIBE where she discussed her inspiration for the brand, and maintaining a business relationship with her ex-boyfriend.

In the sit down, Tran revealed Chris Brown initially wanted to create a female version of his men’s line Black Pyramid. He then asked her to take over “The Kill”, which went from being a women’s only line, to unisex. As for the origin of the name, she explained it came from a day at home listening to La Roux’s “In For The Kill”, and it has since stuck with her.

As for whether or not Brown has issued advice on starting “The Kill”, she said he trusts her and so far loves her designs. When the interviewer asked if it’s difficult to  work with him with all personal things considered, she replied, “At the end of the day, he will always be a friend. We’ll always care about each other. We won’t allow that to interfere. Our business is business.”

There’s that!

For the full interview head over to VIBE. (It’s an interesting read)

Will you be buying “The Kill”?

~Cliché

Source: VIBE

17 Responses to “Karrueche Tran Talks “The Kill” Clothing Line With VIBE”

1. *kanye shrug* says:

I ain’t mad at her. Make that paper.

2. HAH says:

she’s so pretty

3. Becks says:

She has a very likeable personality

4. Anna says:

This little pretty girl has a great PR team. I’m impressed. Not going to be negative.

5. Kisha says:

I read the full vibe interview. She seems very down to earth, just a normal girl caught up in a very messy situation. I wish her all the best.

6. dezzy says:

Im just wondering though is urban high end fashion more about who you know or celeb status vs getting a formal education for fashion design. I get scared that aspiring designers may not be given a chance unless they are linked to celebs. It is more competative now ever before

7. DomDom says:

“He trusts my designs” that line had me rolling my eyes so hard. All I see are basic tees and beanies etc with “The Kill” on them. This is an insult to up and coming designers with actual talent, years of formal education and who actually design.

8. dezzy says:

I think its very smart for her to get out of a questionable relationship with CB, and still remain professional. I think its great for her she gets all yhis exposure but i wonder how non celeb designers can compete, but if i were in her position i would do the same

9. Stats says:

I agree with DomDom. Hell if all I or an up and coming designer had to do is sleep with and get disrespected by a R&B singer to get recognized well we all would be fashion designers. the T-shirts are basic and so is she but get that paper girl from all the basic people that’s what tommy did and look where that took him. P.S. Great PR team they keep her in this blogs. I’m starting not to like this blog it’s getting kind of gossipy with fashion thrown in instead of Fashion period

10. Addikted2Fashion says:

Open your book of Fashion Rules to chapter 5 titled “A Designer You Are Not” and follow along as I read. “My designs”? Child, you got The Kill stitched or ironed onto some tshirts & hats. That is not a line. Thats a home project for anybody with access to some basic crafts supplies and tshirts. You are not a designer. You are on the same level in the world of fashion as all those Basketball “Wives” and reality tv broads that create tshirts from their catchphrases on their shows through Zazzle.com.
    *closes book*

11. Yashi says:

that Red blazer is EVERYTHING HUNNY

12. LawyerLady says:

Cute girl.

13. lex says:

@DomDom girl I agree with u 100 percent! All famous ppl do is put a name on a basic tee shirt, sell it for $4000 dollars, and call it fashion. Im not understanding how dating c.brown and being pretty qualify you to be a fashion designer.

14. benni says:

howcan i get my clothing line in the next issue of vibe Vraiclothing.com

15. Shan says:

For you NON-designers with half a brain…get familiar…the t-shirts, snapbacks and beanies (worn by Chris Brown and Christina Milian) were for promotional/advertising purposes…to CREATE A BUZZ for the line. Those are not the actual designs. It’s a brilliant move to create anticipation for the actual project. As a designer, I more than commend her. Especially CAPITALIZING off of such a trivial situation. Smart girl.

16. LEGZFORDAYZ says:

DO YOUR THANG HONEY!

17. Nicolette says:

I just love me some Karrueche