January 8th, 2013
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm, Kerry Washington

Kerry Washington kept a floral theme going for the Berlin pitstop of her Django Unchained promotional rounds. For the film’s German Premiere, she was styled in a silk chiffon sleeveless gown from J. Mendel‘s Spring 2013 collection:

A purple lip and braided hairstyle offset her look.

Her runway frock has an open back trapeze top and a narrow skirt.

The colors are certainly pretty, and I’m feeling Kerry’s purple lip! The dress just seems to engulf her petite frame. I’m on the fence.
What do you think?

Images: Getty/Style.com

23 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm…: Kerry Washington’s Django Unchained Berlin Premiere J. Mendel Spring 2013 Floral Gown”

1. bebe says:

I agree with Claire, maybe if the top portion was altered a bit? Nonetheless, I love the colour on her!

2. DannielleS says:

It’s okay. Boring, but okay

3. Truth teller says:

She needs to hire a new stylist she has way to many fashion fails!

4. t-fal says:

kerry’s starting to kill me. She needs to become besties with a tailor. That dress would’ve been to die for it it was altered for her small frame.

5. Andrea says:

All of her premiere looks are a mess..why?? This is not the color for her and the style is just meh.

6. Danielle says:

What are you guys looking at? I think she looks fab! And the dress is gorgeous.

7. Kerry is really starting to go to left with this mess please No!!

8. Izhause says:

She’s gorgeous.

9. I don’t like the top, it should be more fitted. The skirt however is gorgeous.

10. Crystal says:

Same problem I had with the strapless look, it’s too springy and doesn’t fit the venue. Promote a Quentin Tarantino movie in something sexy or some glamorous. Her being beautiful is not the point. I think she’s shooting for classy and elegant but she landed on old and boring.

11. kory conover says:

Her hair and makeup saved this dress. Had she been made up differently it would have totally offset the color and print of the dress.

12. Taj says:

I think she looks gorgeous.

13. Brandon says:

I wonder if she is still working with Mariel Haenn and Rob Zangardi (Jennifer Lopez’s stylists) ??? I don’t understand why she wears a half of the dresses that she wears.

14. Tifani says:

Hmmmmm… nope!
    fashion-this.tumblr.com

15. Empress says:

She looks great. I do agree that the top should have been more fitted for her frame.

16. ladyluo says:

I love Kerry’s style because she always picks unusual items. I want that lipstick!

17. Likkke Miss says:

again?

I love the color and style, but again, it doesn’t fit and I’m not a fan of the hair. All the “She’s so beautiful” comments (and she is) but she is not a fashionista, she doesn’t wear her clothes, they wear her. I also agree with whoever said that the dresses don’t match the venue or event.

18. hayilabc says:

the boxyness of the top AND the train is overwhelming. it should be one or the other.

19. lmonroedivine says:

i just don’t understand. this look should be stunning but it’s just falls flat on her. this is a classic case of the styling messing up the look. the hair, the makeup, the fit all wrong.

20. Monroe says:

I don’t understand what you guys are looking at. She looks absolutely stunning to me. The top potion of the dress is not meant to be fitted! All of her looks for this movie premiere have been amazing. She’s my fashion favorite. Her style is so original. I think she pushes boundaries and people are so afraid of that. They expect fashion to conform but that’s entirely too boring…

21. Westafricanmutt says:

The dress is pretty but she is beginning to look too gaunt. I usually don’t comment on people’s weight but… yeah… no boo, no