January 4th, 2013
Fashion, Fashion News, Jennifer Lopez, Kim Kardashian, Naomi Campbell
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

• Having difficulty making it through the work day? Here’s a little motivation. In less than 10 years Tory Burch has made it into the coveted billionaire’s club. After launching her eponymous line from her kitchen (yes, kitchen), the designer has quickly become one of the cash queens of the fashion industry. In 2004, she covered Town & Country magazine, with an accompanying article which read, “Her tunics became the uniform for everyone from the Upper East Side lady who lunches to women across America who wanted to look like an Upper East Side lady who lunches.” Oh, and let’s not forget her must-have flats. Her range in customers translated into ubiquity, which, in turn, ultimately resulted in her current billionaire status. Burch will be featured on the 2013 Forbes World’s Billionaires list in March; a particularly commendable feat as she serves as one of only a handful of women on the list to have earned their riches as opposed to inheriting them. Yes, Tory, collect every stray coin! (Forbes)

• Are braces the hottest new fashion trend? According to teens in Southeast Asia, the answer is yes. All over Malaysia, Thailand, and Indonesia, kids are all clamoring for a mouth full of metal; a sign of wealth in the region. Braces are imagined to be a luxury because of their cost and  popularity with Eastern pop stars, and naturally everyone has to have them. So how are the less than fortunate teens coping? Just like with any other unattainable fashion “it” item; they have turned to knock-offs. Some have bought metal-and-plastic mouthpieces with cartoon designs to simulate the look of braces.  Would you rock a mouth full of metal as a “fashion” statement? (Allure)

• Naomi Campbell was attacked and robbed in Paris last month as she hailed a cab. A source told the New York Post, “It was terrifying. Naomi believes the assailant had been watching her, casing her out, and waited for a moment to strike when she was alone. She was attacked in the street as she hailed a cab, and robbed. Her leg was injured as she was violently pushed to the ground. She was understandably very upset and shaken up.” Don’t they know not to mess with Le Queen? (VogueUK)

• There probably isn’t a soul unaware of this jaw-dropping Versace moment. Jennifer Lopez was the cause of whiplash and endless headlines when she showed up to the Grammys in 2000 in this forget-me-not stunner of a dress. Where does the singer/actress keep the iconic frock? Her home spa, of course. In her interview for the February issue of Harper’s Bazaar US she revealed, “The other day, my housekeeper put it on a mannequin in my spa, where I get my hair and makeup done. She sent me a picture. She was like, ‘You like this dress?’ Um, yeah, but I don’t know if I like it out in the house!”  She better take care of that beauty! If nothing else, it can one day be auctioned off for major bucks. (Grazia)

Dream day with Nicola Formichetti!!! @formichetti

Dec 17, 2012| Source:

• Who said fashion folk loathed Kim K? This video of the reality star alongside Nicola Formichetti serves as evidence to the contrary.(HuffPost)

~Cliché

29 Responses to “The Fashion Bomb News Breakdown: Tory Burch is a Billionaire, Southeast Asian Teens Wear Fake Braces For Fashion, and Naomi Campbell Attacked in Paris”

1. Lolodoll11 says:

Way to go Tory! The hood rats are now starting to take notice of Tory Burch so I’ve moved on. Other than work dresses, I don’t do her line anymore. Oh Naomi….getting assaulted / robbed is never a good thing but you reap what you sow. As for braces, I’ve had them all of 3 weeks and already tired of these things in my mouth. Don’t understand how someone would want these crap in their mouth unless absolutely necessary. They’re an inconvenience.

2. T1K says:

And to think that I need them (braces) but are looking for invisalign as my first option, then clear ceramic braces (plan b) just NOT to have them seen in my mouth…. sigh,,, on another note, I need to start thinking about doing something and become a billionaire too!

3. Tory Burch success proves that simple pieces will always be bestsellers.

4. JaneDope says:

Funny.. I’ve always wanted braces and thought they looked adorable. Lets see if the metal mouth trend catches on here in America.

5. tasha says:

Congrats to Tory Burch’s success. Super excited for her and her brand.

6. Faith says:

Yes Tory!

7. Annoyingly Right says:

Love Tory Burch. Got a clutch for Christmas and can’t wait to rock it…She started her empire in a kitchen? And all this time I’ve been in there cooking. I need to elevate my mind then…
    Braces? For Fashion? Well I hated my Invisaligns so enjoy that trend.

8. Crystal says:

The Tory Burch logo is a turnoff for me so I never carry her bags or wear the shoes. I have a few separates but nothing that I couldn’t live without. I’m glad someone that creates everyday wearable non-celebrity focused pieces is doing it big like that though. Kudos!

9. Annoyingly Right says:

Tory Burch started her empire in a kitchen? All this time I’ve been in there cooking. I need to elevate my mind chile…
    Braces for fashion? And to think I hated my Invisaligns…

10. libby17 says:

Agreed @ Crystal. Never been a fan of Tory but congrats are in order! Of course things such as braces, motor wheelchairs, and glasses are “cute” until you actually need them. -_-

11. Tiffany says:

Congrats Tory!!! Def motivation for me!!! Thanks for the post!

12. Addikted2Fashion says:

S/O to Tory! Ive never gotten into her brand b/c the little sorority girls at my alma mater wore it out for all of us! But clearly theyre obsession paid off for Ms Tory! And im not mad.

Of course J.Lo would call her bathroom a “spa”. And that iconic wouldnt be chilling somewhere a housekeeper could easily just grab it. Nope. Wouldnt have it.

13. Go ahead Tory! The hood has definitely caught on to her brand, largely due to bootlegging. The man that sells handbags in the nail shop sells them! I can’t with the fake braces. What are you gonna say after wearing the crap for 4 years and your teeth are still crooked? #Fail

14. Empress says:

Congrats Tory!

Poor Naomi! Then again, this is the same woman that was assaulting people and she’s dating a married man. Next!

15. Kahalia says:

I think attacked may be an over-statement for the Naomi incident. They snatched her bag and pushed her to the ground. I thought she got busted in the head or something. Clearly its disturbing because someone was watching her but…she aiiight.

16. BrooklynHippie says:

Had braces before for 4 years! Thank God they are off now, it made me less confident than I already was in high school :(

Wearing ceramic braces now…for necessity, not fashion…and though I don’t mind them, will be happy to have them OFF. Glad they’re looking at unconventional ways to be fashionable though.

& Cheers to Tory! I don’t have anything from her line but appreciate the simplicity of her brand! To think…flats helped bring her to billionaire status, not the sky-high heels of today…

18. IMO says:

darn right braces are a status symbol…it was DEFINITELY one of my most expensive purchases lol.

19. kory conover says:

It’s a shame Naomi didn’t have her blackberry with her when she got attacked because that theif would’ve been hurt.

That Versace dress is a nightmare! And why is it constantly being brought up? Can’t we leave that in the 90′s where it belongs?

Tory Burch, girl, if you looking for somewhere to throw your old wrinkly money away I’ll take care of it for you!

20. Fashion Newbie says:

Braces as fashion . . . I got my braces in June and trust me they definitely are some what about fashion. A pretty smile, I think is important especially when your face is the first thing I would hope people see of you and then your hands. I mean I wouldn’t want to shake someone’s hand with rough or ugly hands . . .

@T1K I’ve heard that the ceramics turn yellow after a while . . . kinda like rubber maid containers. Went with all silver.

21. Gen says:

Hmm what really happened to Ms Campbell? That being said, wonder how it feels being the victim, as versus her usual position of the attacker? I wouldn’t want to face her when she is in a rage. But hmm, would Le Queen even hail a cab? I think not; what really happened to Ms Campbell?

22. DarkEmpress says:

Naomi was seriously injured when she was attacked she tore her ligament. Her bf flew her to the US to be treated by an orthopaedic surgeon which is why she has been using crutches and a wheelchair.

23. BraceFaceDude says:

I got all the girls when i had braces they said I look cute :D

24. ***sigh When I think of all the apparel and accessories that I own of Tory Burch , I have paradigm shift. Hmm.. When she first come on the scene I thought no mam, I won’t be doing socialite turned fashion designer. Slowly but surely she got me. Somebody by the name of Fashionista Chic needs to start doing less consuming and more producing. Btw, she can probably thank Vince Camuto as should Jessica Simpson.

25. VanityStyles says:

I wanna be like Tory! and I do want some braces but I think I’ll stick with Invisalign

26. Laawd says:

Naomi? Hailing a Cab? Alone? In the middle of London? Things aren’t adding up.

27. Indigo says:

I’m in braces and my son is too! I think he looks so adorable with them… I have the straight standard braces,and so many have told me they don’t notice I have them. They are part of fashion for me because I always have my ortho trick them out with different color bands. LOL

28. Ni says:

@Laawd, You right–I hope Naomi wasn’t just hanging out with that ‘white girl’ before she loped those streets alone -_-

29. nina says:

@ laawd she wasnt assulted in London, it was in Paris.